Intake Manifold O-ring and Clip
  1. Welcome to RangeRovers.net – General discussion forum for Range Rovers

Welcome to RangeRovers.net - a website dedicated to all things Range Rovers.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join RangeRovers.net today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Intake Manifold O-ring and Clip

FRESHMAN ROVER

Intake Manifold O-ring and Clip

Long time reader, first time poster

2006 Range Rover Sport Supercharge with 96000+ miles on the truck.
    I've been getting P0171 and P0174 codes once in a while and then they would just go away on their own. But few days ago I got bunch of misfires and Reduction of Engine Power messages so I figured it's time to change the spark plugs. Got the NGK 7688 plugs and had the independent change them. Misfires went away put the codes came back so did the loss of power. I had them do a smoke test and they found two issues. One is an easy fix. I need help wit the second one.

So the brake booster line connection to the intake manifold is held in place with the help of a O-ring and a clip and then they just get clipped into the intake manifold. Please see pictures attached. The o-ring has completely disintegrated and the clip is broken creating the vacuum leak. My mechanic can't find the right size o-ring and the broken clip. The dealer told him that they don't have those parts in stock as it's part of the intake manifold and I would need to buy the entire intake manifold to remedy the situation. I am not about the shell that kind of money for a o-ring and a clip.

Can anyone help me located these parts or if you know another solution for this issue. Thank you very much in advance!!!Intake Manifold O-ring and Clip-clip.jpgIntake Manifold O-ring and Clip-booster-line.jpgIntake Manifold O-ring and Clip-20180427_143128.jpgIntake Manifold O-ring and Clip-20180427_143136.jpg

2. Remove Advertisements
    Range Rovers Forum
    Advertisements

Re: Intake Manifold O-ring and Clip

On eBay in particular - but all over the 'net and in junkyards across the world - there are RRS's from which you can salvage whatever parts you need.

You just need to contact a yard with a RRS and describe to them what you need.

Good luck.
    '06 S/C Overfinch Aero II package, Formerly w/Umnitza Orion Lite UHP LED Halos - now with a totally customized headlight bezel w/Morimoto switchback LED components, ClearBra, Tasmod SS rocker panels; IMMensaMind clear headlight side markers

Custom '03 350Z Track PPW/Nav w/19" Nismo Z34s.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now