purchasing a rr sport in so cali
  1. Welcome to RangeRovers.net – General discussion forum for Range Rovers

Welcome to RangeRovers.net - a website dedicated to all things Range Rovers.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join RangeRovers.net today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: purchasing a rr sport in so cali

FRESHMAN ROVER

purchasing a rr sport in so cali

plan on gettting a range rover sport this week,,,, live in so cali,,,, any dealers you guys recommend for pricing,,,, dont wanna pay full msrp,, not getting the supercharged model so i dont see why i would have to pay that much,,,, what kind of discount sounds reasonable,,, thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    Range Rovers Forum
    Advertisements

SOPHOMORE ROVER
    I live in SoCal, too. No one can tell you what deal you may get. These items a hot right now, and few are discounted. Just go to your dealer and see if he has any. You may get a grand off the top, if you ask and are ready to move on it. Just pay the man and drive home happy.

FRESHMAN ROVER
    A few of us RRS owners got together a few weekends ago, and it seemed I was the happiest with my dealer/salesman. Jason at Newport was really good to me.

5. Remove Advertisements
    Range Rovers Forum
    Advertisements

I'd say! You must be the one lucky soul who got a fully loaded 1st edition Vesuvius S/C at near sticker.

FRESHMAN ROVER
    Quote Originally Posted by umbertob
    I'd say! You must be the one lucky soul who got a fully loaded 1st edition Vesuvius S/C at near sticker.

That's me!

SOPHOMORE ROVER
    they arent honoring the Ford X Plan either ...so i've emailed every LR dealer in california, nevada, arizona
    06 LR3 HSE | 08 Honda Odyssey

FRESHMAN ROVER
    Ask for Doug at http://www.switchcars.com ..He can get RRS S/C's at MSRP real quickly, or non-S/C's below MSRP

SOPHOMORE ROVER
    found a dealer up in encino...they have a LOT of cars up there and will honor the x-plan

SOLIHULL ROVER
    Quote Originally Posted by vip-culture.com
    found a dealer up in encino...they have a LOT of cars up there and will honor the x-plan
    Of course cause Encino is the largest Rover Dealer in the world and they used to sell Range Rovers as more then 50% of their volume.

I would guess the sports have probably dropped that a little bit so that Range Rovers are around 45% of their volume now.

When you are selling a few hundred Rovers a month you can afford to sell everything at a big discount. I can't imagine how hard it must be for other Rover dealers nearby Encino because no matter how good the deal you offer someone Encino is always going to beat it cause they don't care. So they sell a Range Rover at 500 over invoice or maybe even under invoice it does not matter because they are going to sell 150 other Range Rovers that month. Most Land Rover dealers can't do that because they only sell 2-3 Range Rovers a month.

We run into that problem with some of the New Jersey dealers, Paramus and Parsipany mostly, sometimes but for the most part they play in Jersey and we play in CT so it is not a problem.

SOPHOMORE ROVER
    i wish they were selling it at invoice...i was just happy they would take the x-plan. But looking at their online inventory and if it's true they have a LOT of RRS

SOLIHULL ROVER
    Quote Originally Posted by vip-culture.com
    i wish they were selling it at invoice...i was just happy they would take the x-plan. But looking at their online inventory and if it's true they have a LOT of RRS
    X-plan is like 4% or 6% over invoice so that is a pretty good deal for no work on the part of the customer. Just hand in your X-plan PIN and get that price.

Acording to the rumor mill around here Encino got 7 or 8 vesivuius first edition sports and probably sold them all for 25k over MSRP.

SOPHOMORE ROVER
    well their inventory still shows 5 or so Vesuvious Orange left at 75k

JUNIOR ROVER
    The prices listed are MSRP, and not what they "want" for them. Unless they really don't move for many more months, they'll sell for over MSRP. Heck, I'd buy a Vesuvious one and sell it to a sucker over here... they've all gone between $15K and $25K USD over.

SOPHOMORE ROVER
    my friend spoke to them and it is true that's the god honest price...no mark up at all.

JUNIOR ROVER
    I guess the suckers that wanted that color already bought them... it's really quite ridiculous paying $15K to $25K more than MSRP for little more than a color!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now