Fuel Pump Failure on new Sport.
  1. Welcome to RangeRovers.net – General discussion forum for Range Rovers

Welcome to RangeRovers.net - a website dedicated to all things Range Rovers.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join RangeRovers.net today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Fuel Pump Failure on new Sport.

FRESHMAN ROVER

Fuel Pump Failure on new Sport.

Drove it one day and it died. Returned to dealer they thought it was a wiring harness failure,thought they fixed it ,lasted 1 day,Towed back in awaiting pump from England, no parts in US. Anybody else have fuel pump problems on Sport Supercharged unit.
    2006 SPORT

2. Remove Advertisements
    Range Rovers Forum
    Advertisements

FRESHMAN ROVER

RRS S/C woes

See my post on my fuel pump experience! DOA after 300 miles. Has been replaced and the next 1600 miles have been great!

SOLIHULL ROVER

Re: Fuel Pump Failure on new Sport.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Adams
    Drove it one day and it died. Returned to dealer they thought it was a wiring harness failure,thought they fixed it ,lasted 1 day,Towed back in awaiting pump from England, no parts in US. Anybody else have fuel pump problems on Sport Supercharged unit.
    Yes it is a known issue and yes they are back ordered to eternity. Our reginal service guy got one air lifted in for us a month or two ago to get our vesivuus supercharged sport up and running again.

5. Remove Advertisements
    Range Rovers Forum
    Advertisements

British_Rover, from the above I gather that the normally aspirated 4.4 liter engine uses a different fuel pump than the S/C?

FRESHMAN ROVER
    Quote Originally Posted by umbertob
    British_Rover, from the above I gather that the normally aspirated 4.4 liter engine uses a different fuel pump than the S/C?
    i believe so, too. i haven't had any problems with my fuel pump, yet (knock on wood) ...
    06 Rimini Red RRS, Lux Alpaca Interior, Blacked-Out windows, PTI, Sirius Satellite & Cooler

FRESHMAN ROVER
    Supercharged would require higher-pressure / volume fuel pump.
    '06 RRS HSE :: Zambezi Silver :: Ebony :: LUX :: PTI :: Sirius :: 20" S/C Rims ::

SOLIHULL ROVER
    Quote Originally Posted by Rainor
    Supercharged would require higher-pressure / volume fuel pump.
    Exactly right the SC Pump is a much higher volume unit.

I believe this just happened to me. Engine light came on, and the thing acted like it was starved for fuel. It will not start now. My truck is now about a block from my house, downhill, and stuck.

Not that happy at the moment.
    '06 S/C Overfinch Aero II package, Formerly w/Umnitza Orion Lite UHP LED Halos - now with a totally customized headlight bezel w/Morimoto switchback LED components, ClearBra, Tasmod SS rocker panels; IMMensaMind clear headlight side markers

Custom '03 350Z Track PPW/Nav w/19" Nismo Z34s.

FRESHMAN ROVER

There is some good news

Mine failed at 300 miles, the dealer stole one from a recently arrived RRS-SC in Jan of 2006. I am now at 14,500 miles and zero additional problems and I hope this post does not jinx me and the RRS-SC.

SENIOR ROVER
    Uh oh, so...is it just a matter of time before it happens to most everyone with a supercharged?

I'm at 15,000 miles right now.

Does anyone know if a replacement pump would be free of the defect that befell the original? This should be a TSB.
    '06 S/C Overfinch Aero II package, Formerly w/Umnitza Orion Lite UHP LED Halos - now with a totally customized headlight bezel w/Morimoto switchback LED components, ClearBra, Tasmod SS rocker panels; IMMensaMind clear headlight side markers

SOPHOMORE ROVER
    was this addressed for the newer models?
    07 Java Black on Ivory S/C RRS
    22"x10" Rinspeed Satin Black C5-1 Monoblocks
    Next Up...2009 C63 AMG

An update: dealership has not found a replacement fuel pump - it is backordered. In addition, this isn't a high volume dealership, and it is likely that they will not have a S/C from which to scavenge a fuel pump.

I asked if they can fit an aftermarket fuel pump instead. We'll see tomorrow. I told them in no uncertain terms that how they handle this issue with me will determine whether I buy a RR ever, ever again. I also told them that there is no way in hell I'm driving an inferior loaner for the time this takes to resolve. I also told them to shovel my driveway.

Well...I didn't tell them that last part....

FRESHMAN ROVER
    I have no idea if this has been fixed in the newer models. Mine was built in Nov of 05 and I took delivery in Jan of 06. The fuel pump is actually part of the fuel tank and in my case they removed the tank from the other SC RRS and put it on mine. Been trouble free since. The pump itself cannot be separated from the tank according to my dealer and its manufactured by Bosch. Mine clearly was an infant failure, as I understand most have been. If you have many mile and no failure, your not likely to have one.

Well: I was at 14700 miles when mine went down, and mine is an early build as well: November also I believe.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now