Fuel Pump Failure on new Sport. - Page 2
  1. Welcome to RangeRovers.net – General discussion forum for Range Rovers

Welcome to RangeRovers.net - a website dedicated to all things Range Rovers.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join RangeRovers.net today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Fuel Pump Failure on new Sport.

FRESHMAN ROVER
    any improvement for the fuel pump in 2007 models
    2007 Range Rover Sport Supercharged, Buckingham Blue, Ivory converted to HST silver

2. Remove Advertisements
    Range Rovers Forum
    Advertisements

Well: an update for those who care (yeah - I know - you don't care, *sniff* )

My RRS S/C is still sitting at the dealership. Fuel pump still not arrived, even though they claimed to have sent it about 10 days ago (probably by carrier pigeon, tank and all). Legendary RR service and reliability on display here.

I'm taking bets at this point on what exactly they're going to do to make it up to me. My bet is nothing whatsoever. Takers?
    '06 S/C Overfinch Aero II package, Formerly w/Umnitza Orion Lite UHP LED Halos - now with a totally customized headlight bezel w/Morimoto switchback LED components, ClearBra, Tasmod SS rocker panels; IMMensaMind clear headlight side markers

Custom '03 350Z Track PPW/Nav w/19" Nismo Z34s.

rrs
    FRESHMAN ROVER
    how many days has it been IMMensaMind? not sure about the lemon law in WI but you might want to take a look at it. i remember reading somewhere on one of the rrs forums that one owner had a dealership remove a functioning pump from a functioning sc-sport just to solve the situation...

5. Remove Advertisements
    Range Rovers Forum
    Advertisements

IM, that's terrible. I can't believe your dealer would not be willing to pull a fuel pump off a S/C in their lot to let you go, and would rather make you wait, what, 3 weeks now? What about providing you with a tracking # for that mystery package?

Other luxury car dealers wouldn't treat their customers like this, one big reason why Land Rover still has got the reputation it has. Have they at least provided you with a decent loaner car?

FRESHMAN ROVER
    That be me. Mine failed after 320 miles, had to be towed to Denver on a Friday afternoon in January of 2006, called dealer and told them I had to have it back in Dillon by Friday evening, as I was leaving for Tucson. (Or you can keep the car and give me my money back) To the dealers credit an new RRS-SC had been delivered that day and they switched out the entire fuel tank assembly and had the car back to my house at 9 pm that same day. Drove to Tucson the next day and haven't had a burp since.

SOPHOMORE ROVER
    Quote Originally Posted by sportman
    any improvement for the fuel pump in 2007 models
    Does anyone have info about the 2007 MY? I'm about 3-4 months from buying and I don't want a bad fuel pump on my mind spoiling the experience.

Quote Originally Posted by umbertob
    IM, that's terrible. I can't believe your dealer would not be willing to pull a fuel pump off a S/C in their lot to let you go, and would rather make you wait, what, 3 weeks now? What about providing you with a tracking # for that mystery package?

Other luxury car dealers wouldn't treat their customers like this, one big reason why Land Rover still has got the reputation it has. Have they at least provided you with a decent loaner car?
    I haven't laid into people at the dealership to the level that they deserve - that I know. I didn't see anything constructive happening as a result of blowing off steam. I've told them clearly that I'm very unhappy with their lack of response (and told Land Rover USA as well). They don't have a tracking number - they've just been invoiced for the part, meaning it is supposedly 'on the way'.

This particular dealership hasn't had a RRS S/C in their possession during the time prior to having the fuel pump sent - it's that low a volume dealership. It's one of the problems with living in Wisconsin - apparently we're more 'Chevy' here than RR. I said that just because they are a smaller dealership doesn't mean that they have to have a small dealership mentality, or it will ensure remaining a small dealership.

They've rented a Nissan Murano for me for the time - but it doesn't have Nav, which I've sorely missed. Meanwhile, my RRS has been sitting on their lot out in the elements (which I hate) the whole time. I felt it would be better than having it indoors, because I could see some schmo scratching it in a higher traffic area, or I would have demanded inside storage. As it is, I will scrutinize my truck when and if I get it back, and will positively blow up if there is even the slightest damage to it.

This whole experience has frosted me. I want to ask for compensation from LRUSA, but really don't know what to ask for. Suggestions?
    '06 S/C Overfinch Aero II package, Formerly w/Umnitza Orion Lite UHP LED Halos - now with a totally customized headlight bezel w/Morimoto switchback LED components, ClearBra, Tasmod SS rocker panels; IMMensaMind clear headlight side markers

Quote Originally Posted by rrs
    how many days has it been IMMensaMind? not sure about the lemon law in WI but you might want to take a look at it. i remember reading somewhere on one of the rrs forums that one owner had a dealership remove a functioning pump from a functioning sc-sport just to solve the situation...
    This happened on Saturday December 16th, and was towed to the dealership the next Monday. It's coming up on a month now.

SOPHOMORE ROVER
    Quote Originally Posted by IMMensaMind
    This happened on Saturday December 16th, and was towed to the dealership the next Monday. It's coming up on a month now.
    Dude, you're scaring me. But, check this out. This is the lemon law in Maryland. Perhaps it's similar in Wisconsin:

Defining a Lemon

For any vehicle, including motorcycles, to be defined as going sour it must first be new and, second, it must be under warranty. Regardless, though, all vehicles need to meet a specific set of requirements and endure what can be an arduous process.

* The defect must hinder the vehicle's use, value, and/or safety.

* The manufacturer has a right to repair the recurring defect up to four times in the first 15 month or 15,000 miles of the warranty.

* An alternative to the four attempts to correct the defect is that the vehicle be out of service for a cumulative total of 30 days during the same 15 months or 15,000 miles.

* If the defect involved either the steering or braking systems, then only one attempt at fixing the issue is deemed necessary.

* All repairs must be completed by a dealer, although not necessarily the dealer where the vehicle was purchased.

Check how your state views the red highlighted section! It could be the same. Could be slightly more. But, if this provision exists in Wisconsin Lemon law, the clock is ticking!

Quote Originally Posted by HugeBob
    Does anyone have info about the 2007 MY? I'm about 3-4 months from buying and I don't want a bad fuel pump on my mind spoiling the experience.
    The few instances of fuel pump failures seem to be happening to Supercharged models only. Don't know about improvements to 07s and I don't see any Svc bulletins on this, but if you are shopping for an HSE you shouldn't worry about it.

rrs
    FRESHMAN ROVER
    in comparison to the suspension issues, dr and steering wobble, a bunk fuel pump seems to be a very minimal issue, once you hit 3 weeks, call an attorney who works pro bono (gets paid by LR in the end and not you). the average attorney fee for lemon cases is $2k - $3k. it sucks that the dealership didn't take care of it like co/az's situation was handled, too big a loss on the dealers side.
    lemon it, if you get a good attorney, ask for a replacement or your money back and in the end you will have come out of driving your 1st sc-sport for pennies on the dollar.

Interesting input, guys. Thanks. I have downloaded the Wisconsin Lemon Law form - and its description mirrors Maryland law.

http://www.dot.wisconsin.gov/safety/con ... monlaw.htm

I wonder: would the calculation of the 30 days out of service begin when the incident occured (Saturday), or the day the dealership received the towed vehicle (Monday)?

I have 14,700 miles on my RRS S/C and it's pristine. I'm wondering whether I'd want another RRS S/C, or a refund. I think I'd like a 2007 RRS S/C, and pay an upgrade fee, if needed.

SOPHOMORE ROVER
    Quote Originally Posted by IMMensaMind
    Interesting input, guys. Thanks. I have downloaded the Wisconsin Lemon Law form - and its description mirrors Maryland law.

http://www.dot.wisconsin.gov/safety/con ... monlaw.htm

I wonder: would the calculation of the 30 days out of service begin when the incident occured (Saturday), or the day the dealership received the towed vehicle (Monday)?

I have 14,700 miles on my RRS S/C and it's pristine. I'm wondering whether I'd want another RRS S/C, or a refund. I think I'd like a 2007 RRS S/C, and pay an upgrade fee, if needed.
    I'm no lawyer. But, I'd say the Monday. That's when they received notice of the problem. Document everything! As for the mileage, in MD the limit is 15K. If that's the limit in Wisconsin, and that's the mileage you brought it in with, you're ok. But, I could see an unscrupulous dealer driving your truck over the limit. LOL, that'd probably be tough with no fuel pump. But, try to document that mileage somehow. Maybe write up something that can be witnessed/notarized verifiying the mileage.

I am sure the mileage was noted by the service advisor on the workorder receipt when the car was checked in last December. As long as that document shows less than 15K miles, it shouldn't matter what the dealer has done with the car since. But I don't think WI laws care about mileage anyway (reading the link posted above), only that the car is 1 year old or less and under original warranty.

I'm fairly sure you're correct umbertob - they have the accurate mileage. My understanding, however, is that it is not a factor in Wisconsin Lemon Law.

I got a call at close of business today again from service saying that they once again have heard nothing from Land Rover, and do not know when to expect the part. No tracking - no clue. They've been invoiced for this part twice, however.

I'm filling out the Lemon Law paperwork.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now