DVD Player not playing DVD?
  1. Welcome to RangeRovers.net – General discussion forum for Range Rovers

Welcome to RangeRovers.net - a website dedicated to all things Range Rovers.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join RangeRovers.net today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: DVD Player not playing DVD?

FRESHMAN ROVER

DVD Player not playing DVD?

I have the DVD changer in the trunk and I tried to play a DVD for the first time today, but in the car it does not play the Movie.... it just says 'change'? I also have the DVD's in the rear headrests.... am I doing something wrong?
    UK LONDON... 2007 TDV8 RANGE ROVER SPORT..

2. Remove Advertisements
    Range Rovers Forum
    Advertisements

Re: DVD Player not playing DVD?

First check the obvious: That the disc is not loaded upside down in the magazine, that it is loaded in the slot you are selecting to play (the changer should identify which of the six slots are filled with a disc on the front touchscreen, if it says the slot is empty chances are the disc is upside down), that the disc itself is clean... If there are parental locks - perhaps set by a previous owner - cancel them, make sure the disc is coded for the correct region you are in, etc. Have you tried playing more than one disc with the same results?

Also, what do you mean you have "DVD's in the rear headrests"? The OEM system has a 6-disc DVD changer in the trunk and two headrest LCDs to view them, no DVD players there.

FRESHMAN ROVER

Thanks for your reply.

Yes I meant screens in the rear of the car. I think I can also watch the DVD's in the front? my car is unlocked so I can watch TV while the car drives.

Yes, the car does say I have a DVD loaded but when I press to play it the screen says no disc in slot. I have tried 6 DVDS this evening all with the same results. The car computer (front screen) does say I have 3 DVDS loaded but just won't play them... I have movedthem from slot to slot with the same results

5. Remove Advertisements
    Range Rovers Forum
    Advertisements

Perhaps the laser lens of the player/changer is dirty, then? Run a lens cleaning DVD first, they are inexpensive to buy and it can't hurt to try. Land Rover even sells its own recommended lens cleaner DVD (part # LR019655), but any cleaning disc should do the trick.

FRESHMAN ROVER

Mate I tried an audio CD in the DVD player in the trunk and amzingly that played... so now what could it be? I have tried the correct compatible DVD's in the player and the car says NO DVD etc... so what could it be?

I still think you should try running a lens cleaner on the changer.

FRESHMAN ROVER

Quote Originally Posted by Nani
    I have the DVD changer in the trunk and I tried to play a DVD for the first time today, but in the car it does not play the Movie.... it just says 'change'? I also have the DVD's in the rear headrests.... am I doing something wrong?
    I'm having the exact same issue. I've done a little troubleshooting and as far as I can tell mine won't play any DVDs that have a "region" code on them.

For instance, I put 6 movies in with region 1 code. and all say "No Disc"
    I put an "unrated" version of "Anchorman" and it plays just fine. I put some of my sons PBS dvds, and they play just fine. It seems there is some issue playing DVDs that have a region code, or somehow my system lost its identity and doesn't know what region code DVDs it is allowed to play.

I called LR dealer in Austin, TX and the guy thought I was crazy.

The battery was recently replaced in my vehicle, so I'm not sure if it lost its mind then or not?

Does anyone know how to reprogram it with the proper region code for US?

Some documents of interest for RSES troubleshooting, diagnostics from the shop manual and a couple of bulletins that appeared over the years.
    [attachment=2:273y9sz6]06-09RSE-diagnostics.pdf[/attachment:273y9sz6][attachment=1:273y9sz6]LS415-0003.pdf[/attachment:273y9sz6][attachment=0:273y9sz6]LTB00233NAS.pdf[/attachment:273y9sz6]
    Attached Files Attached Files

FRESHMAN ROVER

Thanks alot for that info umbertob.

FRESHMAN ROVER

Thanks Umber!
    Went through all the docs.

I did find one interesting code in the documentation which was "Region Code Violation." Which would seem to indicate a problem with the region, which was my suspicion of the problem. I must be wrong?

Either way, I am still completely stumped on this one. I've tried multiple "Region 1" DVDs each with no luck. As soon as I put a "un-regioned" DVD in the same slot in the magazine, it plays just fine. I've even tried brand new DVDs (IE: not scratched, etc.) and they still don't work.

The weird part is that instead of displaying "Region Code Violation" it displays "No Disc"

I still can't find anywhere to determine what Region my DVD player is coded for. I would assume since it has always been in the US, that is coded for Region 1, but again, I don't have a deterministic way of figuring that out.

One bit of troubleshooting I performed this morning was to disconnect the battery, wait a few minutes for all systems to forget everything, reconnect the battery and try to play a Region 1 DVD. Problem persists.

I am completely stumped on this one.

Quote Originally Posted by gkwait
    Thanks Umber!
    Went through all the docs.

I did find one interesting code in the documentation which was "Region Code Violation." Which would seem to indicate a problem with the region, which was my suspicion of the problem. I must be wrong?

Either way, I am still completely stumped on this one. I've tried multiple "Region 1" DVDs each with no luck. As soon as I put a "un-regioned" DVD in the same slot in the magazine, it plays just fine. I've even tried brand new DVDs (IE: not scratched, etc.) and they still don't work.

The weird part is that instead of displaying "Region Code Violation" it displays "No Disc"

I still can't find anywhere to determine what Region my DVD player is coded for. I would assume since it has always been in the US, that is coded for Region 1, but again, I don't have a deterministic way of figuring that out.

Say gkwait, I'll assume that you're in the U.S. or at least with a vehicle of U.S. provenance right?
    The whole DVD regions thing is a total bummer.

One bit of troubleshooting I performed this morning was to disconnect the battery, wait a few minutes for all systems to forget everything, reconnect the battery and try to play a Region 1 DVD. Problem persists.

I am completely stumped on this one.
    2006 RRS - Sold
    2010 RR SC - Sold.
    2011 BMW X5 M sport - current.
    2017 Range Rover Sport SC

FRESHMAN ROVER

Quote Originally Posted by umbertob
    I still think you should try running a lens cleaner on the changer.
    Is there a specific les cleaner kit? Is it special to LR? Where would I get one?

Thanks.

Are these copied DVDs? If so, the actual brand of the DVD matters. Verbatim DL are the best for this.

Quote Originally Posted by gkwait
    Is there a specific les cleaner kit? Is it special to LR? Where would I get one?

Thanks.
    Read posted bulletin # 3 above, very specific instructions on how to us the lens cleaner recommended by Land Rover (including its part # if you want to order it yourself.) However, there are many alternatives available in audio / video shops that would probably do just as good a job for less money.

Hi All,

Did anyone get to the bottom of this.. particularly gkwait. You're having exactly the same problem as me, although seeming randomly I do get the correct 'Region Code Violation' error.

Did you find a way to reset/change the system to your correct region. I know my PC DVD allows 5 changes in its life. I only need one as all the kids DVDs are region 2 and the car's DVD is region 5. I found that out by fluke as we had a region 2 and 5 CD from a few years back when we drove thru Latvia and bought it for the boy's portable player.

Please let me know. Ideally there's some code you can enter or switches on the unit!

Thanks

Bendecko

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now