DVD Player not playing DVD? - Page 2
  1. Welcome to RangeRovers.net – General discussion forum for Range Rovers

Welcome to RangeRovers.net - a website dedicated to all things Range Rovers.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join RangeRovers.net today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: DVD Player not playing DVD?

FRESHMAN ROVER

Re: DVD Player not playing DVD?

bendecko,
    I have had no luck, and I finished the Internet trying to find such a thing.

I dropped the truck off at the dealer today for some other small things that have been annoying me, and asked him to look at the DVD player issue. It came with no surprise that he looked at me like I was crazy.

Time will tell, I will let you all know what the outcome is. (and no, not a day by day update either )

2. Remove Advertisements
    Range Rovers Forum
    Advertisements

FRESHMAN ROVER

The verdict is they really didn't have an idea what was wrong. They said "its not recognizing DVDs..." Duh.. I told them I could bring them DVDs that do actually play and he said not to worry about it.

He suggested to replace it. Surprise, Surprise, the warranty company doesn't cover DVD players. Guess I need to call and chew some a$$ to get it covered.

The saga continues.

I read on the UK forum that you can possibly buy the chip directly from the DVD manufacturer to change or unlock the regions. The question is does the chip need to be soldered or whether its plug and play
    2006 RRS HSE |Java Black | DFW-TX

5. Remove Advertisements
    Range Rovers Forum
    Advertisements

FRESHMAN ROVER

My 2006 RRS has the same issue, says "No DVD" or whatever. Same with the others, I can play about 10% of DVDs I try. Never figured it to be a region code issue, but that makes a lot of sense. Doesnt surprise me that the LR techs know nothing about it. They didnt know about the Bluetooth upgrade when I told them to upgrade mine, never heard ot the Vesuvius Red roof paint peeling issue and never heard of the 50-70 shimmy.

Add it to the list of things LR will never bother to fix. I still love my rover though!

If anyone fixes this, I'll send you $20.
    2006 RR Sport S/C (Orange/Black)
    2008 MB CLK63 AMG Black Series

http://lh6.ggpht.com/_APv03AF16Kk/Sz...2/DSCN4803.JPG

I assume we have an Alpine Player - can anyone sent me the model #?

Thanks

FRESHMAN ROVER

Help !! I have a 2006 RRS and my RSE LCD screens just stop displaying video. I have sound and the the changer seems to be working properly as well. I asked my dealer and all they could offer was a $150/hr troubleshoot with no guaranty to locate the problem. Any suggestions are definitely appreciated....

Thanks !!

Are both screens dead, no video signal at all (meaning that even when using the remote to bring up the OSD or try changing input from DVD to AV1 or AV2 you get nothing going on either display)? If they are both completely off, they aren't getting power and I'd suspect a loose connector somewhere between RSE module (located behind the RH loadspace area panel) and LCDs.

FRESHMAN ROVER

Thanks for the reply, yes both seem to be dead. I did try the AV1 & 2 and still nothing on the LCD screens. Again there is sound from the DVD player but nothing on the screens. How do I access the RSE module in the rear of the truck?

Thanks !!

Ehm... Before you start taking your car apart, both rear screens are turned ON from the RSE menu on the front touchscreen, yes? Also check the fuse for the RSE module, there is a dedicated one in the fuse box behind the lower glove box, see your manual for the fuse #.

Here is a schematic of the video system, with modules locations. Look for the two connectors indicated when you get to the RSE module - that's how the rear screens are fed power and video input by the module. http://www.rrsport.co.uk/gallery/albums ... ospecs.pdf

To remove the rear trim panel that hides the RSE module (as well as PTI and DVD changer): download/file.php?id=1641

I can supply you with electrical circuit diagrams if you are so inclined... But it seems strange that both monitors would fail together, given the fact they are supplied power independently by the RSE module. If everything checks out OK and you are able to hear your DVD, but not see it on both rear monitors, a dealer visit may be required... Your RSE module may be defective.

FRESHMAN ROVER

Thanks Umbertob !! I will definitely check all settings and the fuse before I look to access the RSE itself. I thought it was kind of odd as well that both screens just stopped working. If by chance it is the RSE module, does the dealer have to replace it or can I lcoate one and replace it myself..... Just trying to avoid the dealer completely if possible because they didn't seem too thrilled about troubleshooting it.

I appreciate all your help as well...

I'm pretty sure the RSE module would be plug and play, no software configuration necessary.

I had the same issue under warranty and it was resolved by replacing a wire harness that goes under the driver seat.
    There's a TSB about some 06 models, late build, that were misassembled with the wire harness to the left of the driver seat track instead of the right and this caused some chafing on the wires.
    Do a search and you'll find out all about it, it took my dealer $$$$ of dollars to diagnose, they went as far as replacing the head unit and no luck despite of the fact that I kept pointing them to the TSB. At the end they finally listened and replaced said harness, problem solved.
    I saw the bill to LR for the harness, head unit and diagnose and it was for well over 3k.
    Take my vaccine and go straight for that harness, it's at worst $300 and a fairly simple DYI.
    Find the TSB, maybe Umberto can help, and then go to the dealer and be cool and explain. It took me at least 3 visits until I got my tech on board to what the problem was.
    Mind you, this all happened last January.

Rafa
    2006 RRS - Sold
    2010 RR SC - Sold.
    2011 BMW X5 M sport - current.
    2017 Range Rover Sport SC

Hope this might help - this is similar to what Umbertob had on Page 1, but I believe it may provide a few more scenario's.
    Attached Files Attached Files

FRESHMAN ROVER

Thanks Rafa, I'll look into the TSB for more info as well. That sounds like a good place to start. If I can remember correctly, it stopped working when I had to fold my rear seats down to haul something for the kids. I know I had to move my front seats forward for the rear seats to fold into their secure spot.

I also replaced my battery around the same time so I'm hoping that didnt wipe out any config setting as well. In any case, I think the TSB is the best place to start.

Much thanks again !!

FRESHMAN ROVER

Well guys I have an update to share... If you recall, I cannot get video on my rear LCD screens on my 2006 RRS but I do get full sound and the DVD player is working fine. I did a lot of troubleshooting with the help of diagrams provided by umbrertob other posters in this forum.
    The video on the rear LCD screens is still not working. I did do a diagnostic on the TSD (touch screen display) and it said there was an input video failure. With the help of a local stereo shop we traced the wiring to make sure there were no cuts, crimps or disconnects. We also checked the rear seat entertainment module located in the RH rear luggage compartment and couldnt tell if the module was sending out power to the LCD screens or a video signal.

So I decided to replace the RSE Module and see if that is the problem. Any other suggestions are welcome as well...

Thanks for all the feedback too...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now