Just picked a set of RRS replica running boards - Page 3
  1. Welcome to RangeRovers.net – General discussion forum for Range Rovers

Welcome to RangeRovers.net - a website dedicated to all things Range Rovers.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join RangeRovers.net today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Just picked a set of RRS replica running boards

Re: Just picked a set of RRS replica running boards

Quote Originally Posted by RRSupercharged888
    Rafa.....I only use them when I get out of the vehicle as it prevents me from constantly sliding/rubbing the leather seat. I figure it will save some wear and tear on the leather down the road. My biggest reason for the purchase was for 3 year old. She can now get in and out of the rover on her own. Even though my wife was against the purchase I catch her using them too .

That answers my query, I can't believe that with this expensive rigs, we're having to worry about our clothing wearing the leather.
    Never had that problem with my MBs.

Rafa
    2006 RRS - Sold
    2010 RR SC - Sold.
    2011 BMW X5 M sport - current.
    2017 Range Rover Sport SC

2. Remove Advertisements
    Range Rovers Forum
    Advertisements

FRESHMAN ROVER

I was thinking about starting a new thread but figured id just chime in here that way, when it comes time for someone to search info they just have to look up one thread. If im breaking any rules or should just make my own, please PM me and let me know.

I purchased the Replica Running boards from the same guys.

let me just say that I have nothing but good things to say:

1) i ordered them on saturday and they were at my door by thursday
    2) installation diagrams were included
    3) all mounting screws were pre-installed in the running board itself
    4) brackets are strong and strudy (someone on here made a comment that they look flimsy, i can assure you they are not)
    5) the surface of the running board is a very nice plastic/rubber finish (someone also stated that it felt more plasticy not true at all, it feels exactly like oem)
    6) the installation requires you to remove the plastic trim, all the mounting areas are already pre drilled and marked, just put the brackets on, and then reinstal the plastic trim but make sure you cut around the parts where the brackets fix onto the car (not a big deal at all the shop did this with a knife and scissors, u dont even need a dremel its pretty easy to cut through). After thats all done, screw/mount the actual running board make sure its aligned, and your ready to roll
    7) install took my shop 3 hrs. landrover quoted me 2hrs and said it takes the entire time, so no bigge for my shop to take 3hrs considering theve never done it before.
    I paid around $150 to instal!

FRESHMAN ROVER

images were to large so below is a link to my facebook to publically view some images, i will upload some better pictures in the daylight tommrow.

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2 ... 458fe1c6c4

5. Remove Advertisements
    Range Rovers Forum
    Advertisements

FRESHMAN ROVER

put mine on. Seemed to take forever. had to cut the rubber strip off the very bottom of the door because it was rubbing on the running board everytime i opened and shut the door. infact, it rubbed so hard on the passenger side that it popped the side skirt off the door. I'm really hopeful that that rubber strip (which is connected to that rubber lip that comes off the bottom of the driver and passenger door) is not an essential part?? does anyone know? taking it off only made the rubber lip that sticks out at the bottom of the door, loose. otherwise no gaps or anything.
    2011 RRS SC
    Santorini Black w/ Black interior with contrast white stitching and piano black wood trim / 22" Redbourne Nottingham Wheels
    &
    1969 Dodge Charger 440 R/T General Lee

So RED did you get the turkish boards or the OEM.?

Thanks for the pic. Looks money
    2006 RRS - Sold
    2010 RR SC - Sold.
    2011 BMW X5 M sport - current.
    2017 Range Rover Sport SC

FRESHMAN ROVER

I went with the Turkey boards. Took me a VERY long time to install. Did it myself and collectively took me about 8 hours. 4hours each side. ran into a couple "rub" issues with the bottom of the door and the boards. had to cut that rubber strip along the bottom of the door, off. all good now!
    2011 RRS SC
    Santorini Black w/ Black interior with contrast white stitching and piano black wood trim / 22" Redbourne Nottingham Wheels
    &

FRESHMAN ROVER

Finally figured out how to make the pictures smaller, picasas is a great tool.

Here some pictures of mine uploaded onto here.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Just picked a set of RRS replica running boards-007.jpg   Just picked a set of RRS replica running boards-003.jpg   Just picked a set of RRS replica running boards-005.jpg  

FRESHMAN ROVER

man! they took off the wheels and everything!? did you have any "rubbing" issues? the rubber strip across the bottom of the door was running so I had to cut mine off. still rubs a little on the drivers door but just barely. need to get back under with my carpenters knife and smooth it out a little.
    2011 RRS SC
    &

FRESHMAN ROVER

Quote Originally Posted by REDROVER
    man! they took off the wheels and everything!? did you have any "rubbing" issues? the rubber strip across the bottom of the door was running so I had to cut mine off. still rubs a little on the drivers door but just barely. need to get back under with my carpenters knife and smooth it out a little.
    You mean the rubber strip on the bottom of the door, it doesn't rub on the passanger side but on the driver side just slightly. I think its because they didn't make the top of the running board flush with the body of the car on the driver side, where as on the passanger side they did. Im going to take it to the shop when i get some time and tell them to realign it, i think thats all it needs. Yes they took of the wheels because they need to take off the rubber lining on the wheel well's to get the plastic strip off to find the spot where the running boards screw into.

Hope that helps.

FRESHMAN ROVER

I just received my pair but the instructions which came with it were not detailed at all. I removed the outer plastic trim, just tore it off, but I have no idea how to screw in the brackets, can anyone chime in??

Thanks!

Here is the Ikea, ehm, Land Rover fitting instructions for the OEM boards, I assume the replicas won't be much different to install. Hope this helps. While browsing the document I noticed that the latest version of the OEM side steps no longer include the convenient pre-cut plastic sill covers that used to be part of the kit up to last year and saved a ton of time and hassle when installing them... Cheap *******s, now they only provide templates to cut your existing trim, just like the replicas. Makes the OEM boards even more overpriced by comparison.
    Attached Files Attached Files

FRESHMAN ROVER

Thank you! You are a life saver!!

FRESHMAN ROVER

Quote Originally Posted by umbertob
    While browsing the document I noticed that the latest version of the OEM side steps no longer include the convenient pre-cut plastic sill covers that used to be part of the kit up to last year and saved a ton of time and hassle when installing them... Cheap *******s, now they only provide templates to cut your existing trim, just like the replicas. Makes the OEM boards even more overpriced by comparison.

Yeah, when i asked the dealer if they could just open up a set of running boards from their stock so I could take some measurements they told me the same thing!

FRESHMAN ROVER

Trying to find non OEM for 2013. Saw some on eaby for 2012 but they say won't fit 2013. I thought 2013 body is the same as 2012? Any ideas?

SOPHOMORE ROVER

same thing

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now