Just picked a set of RRS replica running boards - Page 2
  1. Welcome to RangeRovers.net – General discussion forum for Range Rovers

Welcome to RangeRovers.net - a website dedicated to all things Range Rovers.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join RangeRovers.net today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Just picked a set of RRS replica running boards

Re: Just picked a set of RRS replica running boards

I think he is referring to the long black plastic trim under the door sills, visible only when you open the doors (you see part of this trim in the picture with the door open.) The OEM running boards kit includes pre-cut trim pieces for left and right sides, so you just remove the stock trim pieces and replace them with the ones that are included in the kit (they are held in place by several plastic push pins and fasteners.) With the cheaper replicas, evidently you need to do your own cuts in the stock trim to allow installation of the support brackets for the boards. Like he says, the cuts are not really visible with the doors shut anyway. When installed, the replicas don't look that much different from the stock boards collecting dust in my garage, although the brackets look a bit flimsier, at least judging by the pictures posted.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Range Rovers Forum
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by RRSupercharged888
    Off topic observation. There is no rubber liner on the wheel well; wondering if you removed it or if you were unaware that it was missing.

'07 RRS
    '03 325i
    '94 GSX

Quote Originally Posted by TripleE
    Off topic observation. There is no rubber liner on the wheel well; wondering if you removed it or if you were unaware that it was missing.
    It looks like he's also missing a wheel and the tire.

'08 RRS HSE Stornoway Gray

Space isn't remote at all. It's only an hour's drive away if your car could go straight upwards.

5. Remove Advertisements
    Range Rovers Forum
    Advertisements

FRESHMAN ROVER RRSupercharged888's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by umbertob
    I think he is referring to the long black plastic trim under the door sills, visible only when you open the doors (you see part of this trim in the picture with the door open.) The OEM running boards kit includes pre-cut trim pieces for left and right sides, so you just remove the stock trim pieces and replace them with the ones that are included in the kit (they are held in place by several plastic push pins and fasteners.) With the cheaper replicas, evidently you need to do your own cuts in the stock trim to allow installation of the support brackets for the boards. Like he says, the cuts are not really visible with the doors shut anyway. When installed, the replicas don't look that much different from the stock boards collecting dust in my garage, although the brackets look a bit flimsier, at least judging by the pictures posted.
    I wasn't aware that the OEM"s come with the pre-cut plastic trim. If that is the case, the pricing on them is not really that bad. I found a place yesterday that sells the OEM's for $825 (http://www.bputah.com/). If I knew about this place I probably would've purchased the OEM's. For $400, I'm pretty pleased with the replicas......visually they look nice, pretty sturdy build, easy install. The only downside is that it doesn't have the rubber coating. I will just apply the money saved to my borla exhaust system .
    RR Sport Supercharged

FRESHMAN ROVER

RR - thats a good call! I may do the same. On another note... just shot you an Ebay message.
    2011 RRS SC
    Santorini Black w/ Black interior with contrast white stitching and piano black wood trim / 22" Redbourne Nottingham Wheels
    &
    1969 Dodge Charger 440 R/T General Lee

FRESHMAN ROVER

Rafa - as per my earlier note in this forum....the turkish guy that I bought my running boards from (the one I was reluctant to buy from) happily collected my $400 and has moved the ship date from last weds to yesterday to today...and now radio silence. pulling my paypal money back if no word by tomorrow.
    2011 RRS SC
    Santorini Black w/ Black interior with contrast white stitching and piano black wood trim / 22" Redbourne Nottingham Wheels
    &
    1969 Dodge Charger 440 R/T General Lee

I didn't know there was supposed to be a rubber liner on there. I purchased the vehicle used......maybe it's not on the 06 models?
    RR Sport Supercharged

Quote Originally Posted by REDROVER
    Rafa - as per my earlier note in this forum....the turkish guy that I bought my running boards from (the one I was reluctant to buy from) happily collected my $400 and has moved the ship date from last weds to yesterday to today...and now radio silence. pulling my paypal money back if no word by tomorrow.

RED, sorry bro!. Give him until Monday, isn't he the same dude that RRSupercharged888 bought from? If by Monday (Istanbul time, formerly Constantinople) there's no response then go "shock and oh" on the mother lover.

Rafa
    2006 RRS - Sold
    2010 RR SC - Sold.
    2011 BMW X5 M sport - current.
    2017 Range Rover Sport SC

I didn't know there was supposed to be a rubber liner on there. I purchased the vehicle used......maybe it's not on the 06 models?

Mine is an 06 and it has them. Was the car/fender repainted? are they all missing? there should be one on each well.

Here's for the front, #14
    http://www.parts.com/oemcatalog/index.c ... atalogid=0

Here's for the rear, #11
    http://www.parts.com/oemcatalog/index.c ... atalogid=0

It says that it's for 2009 but they're the same for 06-09

Rafa
    2006 RRS - Sold
    2010 RR SC - Sold.

Thanks for the info and links rafa. I just checked the car and it has that piece on all the wheel wells with the exception of the front right. As far as I can tell the car has never been repainted (checked under the moldings, etc). Not sure why it's missing. The only real repair work other then regular maintenance according to the service records and car fax was to the airlift suspension. Some pump had to be replaced.
    RR Sport Supercharged

Here are a few profile pics of the vehicle with the boards installed. I have since moved/re-aligned the boards to the correct position since I took the pics. You probably can't tell but they were positioned a little too far back towards the rear of the vehicle.

RR Sport Supercharged

Premium Member

Time to take that hog wheelin and get it high centered. I always wondered it those boards will wedge your doors shut if you high center on one of them. Umberto - you seen that happen on any of your SoCal trips?

RR it came out sweet.
    Now as far as function, are you using them, do they help ingress or just egress. I think I want to get them just so my son, and everybody for that matter, can access the vehicle more comfortably .
    2006 RRS - Sold
    2010 RR SC - Sold.

Rafa.....I only use them when I get out of the vehicle as it prevents me from constantly sliding/rubbing the leather seat. I figure it will save some wear and tear on the leather down the road. My biggest reason for the purchase was for 3 year old. She can now get in and out of the rover on her own. Even though my wife was against the purchase I catch her using them too .
    RR Sport Supercharged

My biggest reason for the purchase was for 3 year old. She can now get in and out of the rover on her own.
    Not that she needs convincing, but that will be a great reason in about another year for me to get some sliders.

Love those wheels; they're my favs.

EDIT: Britax I see.....same here, Cowmooflage to match the ivory though.

'07 RRS
    '03 325i
    '94 GSX

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now