would you buy again
  1. Welcome to RangeRovers.net – General discussion forum for Range Rovers

Welcome to RangeRovers.net - a website dedicated to all things Range Rovers.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join RangeRovers.net today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: would you buy again

would you buy again

hello everyone just having real trouble going from bmw to range, looking at 2010 sport do any of you consider this vehicle reliable and if you have one now would you buy another.
    just looking for insight we have been struggling with this since saturday. we dont know anyone who has ever owned one so i am reaching out for your input. the car would be used for an everyday driver and never offroad. thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    Range Rovers Forum
    Advertisements

BBT
    FRESHMAN ROVER

Re: would you buy again

I have only had my 2010 for a few months now, and about 3500 miles. But I totally love it. My first vehicle of this type and it's just awesome. Great handling (for it's 5800 lbs), acceleration and braking. And it's very comfortable to drive on a daily basis. Seats are wonderful. My last car was an Audi S5 which was perfect in every way and I really thought I'd miss it more than I do. Especially going from the manual to an automatic. But the new ZF transmission in this RRS is excellent and does it's job well.

I have Santorini Black and Ivory interior, with the extended leather package. I most likely will buy another one in 5 years or so. I read somewhere that the LR4 and RRS will get lighter and have better road performance/economy in the future. But the current version is fine with me.

FRESHMAN ROVER

BBT, good post. Sounds like your experience is positive so far. You should post in the positive experience thread if you have some time.
    95 D1
    Too poor for an MKIII

5. Remove Advertisements
    Range Rovers Forum
    Advertisements

I've had a 2008 & now a 2010 and not single issue to report. I would buy one again in a second. I was a BMW loyalist since 2000 as well as Audi (another brand that gets a bad rap) and I loved them both! However I drank the cool-aide and went from driving cars built by the "enemy" to ones built by the "allies".

Indeed I still have a VW but one must do some "charity" work. And yes, the Mini is nothing but a poor-man's BMW but it's still built in the UK (I know there's a little Brit in there somewhere!)
    '14 RR HSE Supercharged
    '12 XJL Supercharged
    '13 Beetle Turbo
    '12 Mini Coupe

*Formerly '08 RRS & '10 RRS*

I'm 50/50 due to an unresolved starting issue.
    2017 RR HSE TD6

FRESHMAN ROVER

I haven't owned RRS too long; may be 2 month...

but... so far... I am not very happy with it.. I am not saying its a POS, but is it really worth the money that we're paying for...

it does look nice and it is a great vehicle, but not the best; ( I am sure 80%+ of owners don't off-road)

my biggest complain about RR or LRNA is the steering shimmering issue; they are not willing to fix it or care for it..

and even '10 model has the issue (so I hear).. IMO LR is a luxury brand where they charge more money for the car and service; but we are not getting what we are paying for..

I expect them to step up and listen to their customers and try to solve their issues.

I hate LEXUS (no offense) but at least they step up and fix it after the problems has been addressed. ( and before they try to hide the problem, but anyway)

I am sure they have lost tons of money on GX model but it was a big move for them to not sell the truck until they fix the issue; and I do feel bad to my neighbor who already bought it... haha

so, I wouldn't buy LR near future; instead I might look for BMW , AUDI or Porsche for SUV... (again, I DON'T OFF-Road)

But, I don't regret buying RRS, I always wanted one, and if I bought Q7 instead, I still would have wanted RRS every time I see it...

FRESHMAN ROVER

This is my first RRS and i've had it for 7500 miles now (going 6 months, 2009 model) and i love every minute of it. Would i buy another one again? In a heart beat. I used to think that Mercedes Benz had issues (I still drive my 2005 E class), but it turns out that mostly all luxury car manufacturers have issues here and there. I used to get pissed of at my Benz cause of minor electrical/mechanical issues but after years of reading up on other manufacturers, it turns out that MB was not alone. And here i am owning an LR and the same issues that i've read back on the MB forums keep popping up here too, like electrical issues etc... So bottom line is, if you want a really problem free car? then there is no such thing. You would think that after paying all that money for a luxury car that you would get a problem free car, but it's never the case. Not unless you went the Japanese route, then you might have better luck, but even those have issues but probably not as much as it's European counterparts.

Good luck...

FRESHMAN ROVER

Well, speaking of problem, I have owned many luxury brand cars... I had from audi, to mb and porsche,

and I don't have problem with getting issues here and there; because, logically thinking, you get more and you have more issue.

but, no other manufacture had problem where they couldn't fix or telling me we don't know the solution like steering shimmering..

LR is the only one brand who couldn't fix the problem, and I was not saying I wouldn't buy RRS again because it has lots of minor issues...

so, I wanted get it right!

FRESHMAN ROVER

I would and will buy a Range Rover Sport again.

I have an '08 HSE which has been a fantastic and very reliable truck.

I had a minor front end issue which the dealer addressed promptly and that is it to date.

I, too, had BMW's before my RRS purchase. My RRS has been significantly more reliable than my last two
    5 Series that I owned. In addition, everybody has a BMW--they are literally everywhere.

Range Rover Sports (in my neck of the woods, anyway) are much more rare than a BMW.
    Of course, they should be, they are significantly higher priced than your typical boring BMW.

I strongly suggest buying a Range Rover Sport, you will be very happy with it.
    2013 RANGE ROVER SPORT SUPERCHARGED -- Silver Package - Black / Ivory / Black
    2006 PORSCHE 911 CARRERA - Guards Red / Black

Bacco, I'm with you, if they want to be a luxury brand they have to make a quality product, period.
    2006 RRS - Sold
    2010 RR SC - Sold.
    2011 BMW X5 M sport - current.
    2017 Range Rover Sport SC

FRESHMAN ROVER

Yeah I agree Rafa. I still love mine but I could see getting annoyed in the future, so we'll see. I want to say I'll love the RR forever but the quality needs to be where the price point is.
    '08 RRS HSE

FRESHMAN ROVER

I am on my 7th Land Rover, the dealer service is the most important thing when it comes to LR, 6 of the 7 LR's have come from Land Rover of Austin.

If not for them I might be in the market for a ML 320. I will buy either a used RR or a new RRS within the next year.

FORUM MODERATOR

Quote Originally Posted by workforaliving
    I am on my 7th Land Rover, the dealer service is the most important thing when it comes to LR, 6 of the 7 LR's have come from Land Rover of Austin.

If not for them I might be in the market for a ML 320. I will buy either a used RR or a new RRS within the next year.
    Impressive...true enough the owning of 1 LR is never enough...many of my friends in the HLRC here in HOuston have 2 or 3 LR's...seems like once you get past one in the driveway, getting 2 or 3 is a logical next step.
    PJPR
    13 Orkney Grey RRS HSE Lux
    06 Cairns Blue RRS HSE (200K...sold to a friend)

Would definitely buy again. My dealers (currently LR Marin, and before, Redwood City) have always been great. I'm on LR #5.

FRESHMAN ROVER

From a looks stand point this is one of the nicest on the road and has been since it first arrived on the market. Now for the reliability factor and features this car lacks and will not ever make it with the others it strives to be like. I ordered mine in 06' and still have it now going over the 95,000 mile mark and has been a lot of issues. Seems when it comes to the dealership or dealing direct with Land Rover North America you always get the same thing "the run around". Not sure what I will end up with next but it will definitely will not be a Land Rover of any sort...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now