Group buy on 2010 Range Rover Sport LED Tail Light - Page 4
  1. Welcome to RangeRovers.net – General discussion forum for Range Rovers

Welcome to RangeRovers.net - a website dedicated to all things Range Rovers.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join RangeRovers.net today!

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Group buy on 2010 Range Rover Sport LED Tail Light

FRESHMAN ROVER

Re: Group buy on 2010 Range Rover Sport LED Tail Light

Well, I finally got my lights. They arrived in a large box and in perfect condition from the vendor. Shipping took only three days for me and I am in NJ.

Installation is as not difficult but it did take me some time to figure out the wiring and etc. I am not very good at doing DIY but here it goes:

1. Carefully remove the existing rear tail lights by removing two screws. Instructions are also found in the manual. Now, the toughest part is pulling the light out. The lights are fastened using plastic inserts and it was pretty tough prying it out without breaking the plastic prongs. Please take caution to pull out the lights straight back as opposed to bending side to side. Also, consider putting a towel on the bumper or something so it won't scratch.

2. As discussed in the previous posts, you will need to purchase 2, 6ohm 50 watt resistors. This is where I bought mine:

http://www.v-leds.com/BlinkerWarning-Fi ... 83296.html

They are about $10 shipped. However, I also bought mounting hardware since these do get hot:

http://www.v-leds.com/BlinkerWarning-Fi ... 41376.html

3. Now, you will need to identify PIN #3 and PIN #5. You will be installing your resistor between these two wires using quick fasteners (provided when you purchase resistors from V Led)

For my 2008 RRS S/C, driver side #3 wire was green/purple and passenger side #3 wire was green/white for the wires coming from the car. You will want to look for orange (#3) and black (#5) on the old tail lights. 2010 tail light wires were not color coded so you will have to rely on your lights for identifying correct wire. Wire #5 is always black. You can look behind the connector off of your pre 2010 tail light to see the pin lable. Please double check your pin number before installing the resistors

4. These resistors can get very hot so you will want to mount or hang them where it won't touch other wires. I used mounting hardware from VLEDS and mounted them using double sided tape:

5. Plug in the wiring harness and check operation. Make sure you test the turn signal. If it's done properly, it should click at normal pace. If not, they will click fast. Honestly, I think I could have lived with fast blinking noise without the resistor. Actual blinking in the back is NOT affected by whether you have resistors or not. As such, I tend to think this is plug n play. You will need resistors only if you can't stand fast blinking noise.

Quick reply to this message Reply  

2. Remove Advertisements
    Range Rovers Forum
    Advertisements

FRESHMAN ROVER

Again, please PM me if you want to get in the group buy. I think there is a few still remaining.

Thanks

FRESHMAN ROVER

nice writeup

however! to make this 10x easier, and not have to wire the resistors INTO your car - i tapped into PLUG 3 and PLUG 5 on the tail light itself!!! Therefore, you just tap into both, and only the tail light ifs modded, not your car.

However, everyone has their own little tricks.

-also - sometimes, my lights click super fast until the resistor kicks in (while driving) - realized it all day today. But it goes away after 2-3 clicks and becomes normal.
    and yes, the computer blinks fast, but the lights in the back remain normal. This only affects your dashboard with/without resistor

Best of luck for us with these surviving
    D

5. Remove Advertisements
    Range Rovers Forum
    Advertisements

FRESHMAN ROVER

Correct, there are several ways to install the resistors. I just decided to do it without affecting the new tail lights since i may want to sell it later.

Here's another picture of the wire #s from the old harness:

FRESHMAN ROVER

Quote Originally Posted by Fatal Flash
    nice writeup

however! to make this 10x easier, and not have to wire the resistors INTO your car - i tapped into PLUG 3 and PLUG 5 on the tail light itself!!! Therefore, you just tap into both, and only the tail light ifs modded, not your car.

However, everyone has their own little tricks.

-also - sometimes, my lights click super fast until the resistor kicks in (while driving) - realized it all day today. But it goes away after 2-3 clicks and becomes normal.
    and yes, the computer blinks fast, but the lights in the back remain normal. This only affects your dashboard with/without resistor

Best of luck for us with these surviving
    D
    That's odd - mine does not click fast at all. It's always normal rate. What size resistor did you use? I used 50w

FRESHMAN ROVER

Quote Originally Posted by sbkim
    Again, please PM me if you want to get in the group buy. I think there is a few still remaining.

Thanks

Anymore of these left?

FRESHMAN ROVER

Sent you a PM

Hey guys any idea about if the 2010 headlight will work or fit properly my 2008 sport supercharged????? i was thinking to get the headlights and tailights if that is that case. If not I plan to custom make the headlights myself with some 8000k specific angel eyes, a lower thin LED bar strip on each headlight (all this inside the headlights so you would have to manually open them yourself and do all the work), you can also get a R8 type LED bar, a high quality one, and custom install it in the front bumper in left and right side. But I will avoid doing all the work with the headlight if the 2010 would work on my 2008. Who has that answer for me????

Quote Originally Posted by dragosspr31
    Hey guys any idea about if the 2010 headlight will work or fit properly my 2008 sport supercharged????? i was thinking to get the headlights and tailights if that is that case. If not I plan to custom make the headlights myself with some 8000k specific angel eyes, a lower thin LED bar strip on each headlight (all this inside the headlights so you would have to manually open them yourself and do all the work), you can also get a R8 type LED bar, a high quality one, and custom install it in the front bumper in left and right side. But I will avoid doing all the work with the headlight if the 2010 would work on my 2008. Who has that answer for me????
    With enough money you should be able to do it. Keep us posted on your progress and don't forget to include pictures.

'08 RRS HSE Stornoway Gray

Space isn't remote at all. It's only an hour's drive away if your car could go straight upwards.

FRESHMAN ROVER

Still some available?
    2006 BONATTI GRAY RRS
    22" DELUXE DESIGN D10'S
    MAC MINI RUNNING MAC ON NAV DISPLAY

FRESHMAN ROVER

Anymore? I really want one!

FRESHMAN ROVER

Anymore of these deals left in the group buy?

they are $605 on their site today.

FRESHMAN ROVER

PM me if still interested. Thanks

mbp
    FRESHMAN ROVER

Is this group buy still going I would like to get a set ???

FRESHMAN ROVER

check on ebay.

my lights are still working i love it.

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 14 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now