Zebrano Wood trim Anyone?
  1. Welcome to RangeRovers.net – General discussion forum for Range Rovers

    Welcome to RangeRovers.net - a website dedicated to all things Range Rovers.

    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join RangeRovers.net today!
     
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 22

Thread: Zebrano Wood trim Anyone?

  1. #1
    FRESHMAN ROVER
    Join Date
    November 28th, 2007
    Location
    Palm Beach Gardens. FL, USA
    Posts
    152

    Zebrano Wood trim Anyone?

    Hey guys I am looking for 6 pieces of zebrano wood interior for our RRS SC 06-09 i want to swap my cherry wood out.
    The dealer is looking for $1100.00 plus labour Does anyone know where I could get it cheaper?? perhaps a wreck yard? Anyone want to trade?

    thanks in advance for the help
    2013 Range Rover Sport Supercharged
    black on black
    22' Stormers from my 06

    Traded in 06 Range Rover Sport Supercharged
    black on black
    minus the Stormers

  2. Remove Advertisements
    Range Rovers Forum
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    FORUM MODERATOR
    Join Date
    January 8th, 2006
    Location
    Houston, Texas
    Posts
    4,454

    Re: Zebrano Wood trim Anyone?

    I did the same swap from cherry to zebrano a while back. Bought all mine from APSIS Usa...got a great deal. Door cards, door handles, hockey sticks, gear shift knob as well. Got the steering wheel off Ebay from another source.

    If the same guy is there, ask for Jersey...negotiate and bargain a bit, and you should get a fair deal...not sure what their current pricing is, but the quality is top notch.
    PJPR
    13 Orkney Grey RRS HSE Lux
    06 Cairns Blue RRS HSE (200K...sold to a friend)

  4. #3
    JUNIOR ROVER
    Join Date
    February 23rd, 2010
    Posts
    521

    Re: Zebrano Wood trim Anyone?

    Am I the only weirdo that LIKES the Cherry wood trim?
    Cheers

    Dave

    2006 Range Rover Sport HSE
    Bonatti Grey
    Ebony/Ebony
    2010 Supercharged Wheels

  5. Remove Advertisements
    Range Rovers Forum
    Advertisements
     

  6. #4
    FRESHMAN ROVER
    Join Date
    March 9th, 2010
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    96

    Re: Zebrano Wood trim Anyone?

    How hard are these to switch out? The one on the center console on the drivers side has a crack in it somehow so if it's easy enough I may just swap it out.
    '08 RRS HSE

  7. #5
    FRESHMAN ROVER
    Join Date
    February 19th, 2010
    Location
    Miami
    Posts
    213

    Re: Zebrano Wood trim Anyone?

    Quote Originally Posted by Goinkin
    Am I the only weirdo that LIKES the Cherry wood trim?
    +1 I love my cherry wood trim and steering wheel.. The knob I had was a disappointment though. I switched it out for a standard black leather one today.

  8. #6
    JUNIOR ROVER
    Join Date
    February 23rd, 2010
    Posts
    521

    Re: Zebrano Wood trim Anyone?

    Quote Originally Posted by MIAMIRRS
    Quote Originally Posted by Goinkin
    Am I the only weirdo that LIKES the Cherry wood trim?
    +1 I love my cherry wood trim and steering wheel.. The knob I had was a disappointment though. I switched it out for a standard black leather one today.
    What knob did you have?
    Cheers

    Dave

    2006 Range Rover Sport HSE
    Bonatti Grey
    Ebony/Ebony
    2010 Supercharged Wheels

  9. #7
    FRESHMAN ROVER
    Join Date
    February 19th, 2010
    Location
    Miami
    Posts
    213

    Re: Zebrano Wood trim Anyone?

    It was on the car when I bought it. It's a wood-look knob. It has like a wood-grain look applied to the exterior. It's peeling a little bit on the top... Would probably look better with some matching wood stain applied to even the underlying color out with the rest of the knob. It matches my hockey sticks better than my steering wheel.

    I'm willing to sell it if you'd like it.

  10. #8
    JUNIOR ROVER
    Join Date
    February 23rd, 2010
    Posts
    521

    Re: Zebrano Wood trim Anyone?

    Quote Originally Posted by MIAMIRRS
    It was on the car when I bought it. It's a wood-look knob. It has like a wood-grain look applied to the exterior. It's peeling a little bit on the top... Would probably look better with some matching wood stain applied to even the underlying color out with the rest of the knob. It matches my hockey sticks better than my steering wheel.

    I'm willing to sell it if you'd like it.
    Got pics?
    Cheers

    Dave

    2006 Range Rover Sport HSE
    Bonatti Grey
    Ebony/Ebony
    2010 Supercharged Wheels

  11. #9
    FORUM MODERATOR
    Join Date
    January 8th, 2006
    Location
    Houston, Texas
    Posts
    4,454

    Re: Zebrano Wood trim Anyone?

    Quote Originally Posted by Goinkin
    Quote Originally Posted by MIAMIRRS
    It was on the car when I bought it. It's a wood-look knob. It has like a wood-grain look applied to the exterior. It's peeling a little bit on the top... Would probably look better with some matching wood stain applied to even the underlying color out with the rest of the knob. It matches my hockey sticks better than my steering wheel.

    I'm willing to sell it if you'd like it.
    Got pics?
    PJPR
    13 Orkney Grey RRS HSE Lux
    06 Cairns Blue RRS HSE (200K...sold to a friend)

  12. #10
    FRESHMAN ROVER
    Join Date
    February 19th, 2010
    Location
    Miami
    Posts
    213

    Re: Zebrano Wood trim Anyone?

    As mentioned... It is not real wood. I think it's a walnut immitation. It's a bit darker than than my other trim pieces...





  13. #11
    JUNIOR ROVER
    Join Date
    February 23rd, 2010
    Posts
    521

    Re: Zebrano Wood trim Anyone?

    Looks like a plastic veneer. hmm
    Cheers

    Dave

    2006 Range Rover Sport HSE
    Bonatti Grey
    Ebony/Ebony
    2010 Supercharged Wheels

  14. #12
    FRESHMAN ROVER
    Join Date
    February 19th, 2010
    Location
    Miami
    Posts
    213

    Re: Zebrano Wood trim Anyone?

    Yeah... I don't know where they got it, or why... I wonder if maybe it can be sanded down and painted or something... would be a fun project. Perhaps to match body color? Anyone know how to take the knob apart?

  15. #13
    JUNIOR ROVER
    Join Date
    February 23rd, 2010
    Posts
    521

    Re: Zebrano Wood trim Anyone?

    Quote Originally Posted by MIAMIRRS
    Yeah... I don't know where they got it, or why... I wonder if maybe it can be sanded down and painted or something... would be a fun project. Perhaps to match body color? Anyone know how to take the knob apart?
    Looks like a tape and paint project. Why would you want to take it apart? You might not be able to put it back together! Also, what would you paint it with that would be durable enough? Cause obviously it wasn't durable enough.
    Cheers

    Dave

    2006 Range Rover Sport HSE
    Bonatti Grey
    Ebony/Ebony
    2010 Supercharged Wheels

  16. #14
    FRESHMAN ROVER
    Join Date
    February 19th, 2010
    Location
    Miami
    Posts
    213

    Re: Zebrano Wood trim Anyone?

    I'm sanding the surface of it now... I agree probably tape and paint... I primer + automotive paint + clearcoat may look alright... what do you think? I would say I'd want to match the exterior color, but Zermatt Silver may not contrast enough with the metal inlay of the knob itself... Piano black maybe?

  17. #15
    JUNIOR ROVER
    Join Date
    February 23rd, 2010
    Posts
    521

    Re: Zebrano Wood trim Anyone?

    Black would just blend in with the interior no? How about Fire Engine Red?
    Cheers

    Dave

    2006 Range Rover Sport HSE
    Bonatti Grey
    Ebony/Ebony
    2010 Supercharged Wheels

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Similar Threads

  1. Wood Trim
    By Scotty in forum Range Rover Mark II / P38
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: July 19th, 2011, 08:52 AM
  2. wood trim
    By RoverMac in forum Range Rover Mark II / P38
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: September 7th, 2010, 10:59 PM
  3. wood trim
    By Seattle92RR in forum Range Rover Classic
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: December 29th, 2009, 08:28 AM
  4. Zebrano Wood Interior
    By gushybear in forum Range Rover Sport / L320
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: October 27th, 2007, 04:02 PM
  5. wood trim
    By ckuhtz in forum Range Rover Mark II / P38
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: August 9th, 2007, 02:39 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v4.3.0