Zebrano Wood trim Anyone? - Page 2
  1. Welcome to RangeRovers.net – General discussion forum for Range Rovers

Welcome to RangeRovers.net - a website dedicated to all things Range Rovers.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join RangeRovers.net today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Zebrano Wood trim Anyone?

FRESHMAN ROVER

Re: Zebrano Wood trim Anyone?

Good point, but nothing else in my car is red... I will have to think... I'm gonna post pictures of my progress tomorrow.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Range Rovers Forum
    Advertisements

FORUM MODERATOR

For $300, you can get a superb quality wooden shift know without going thru this hassle. I've posted the source above...
    PJPR
    13 Orkney Grey RRS HSE Lux
    06 Cairns Blue RRS HSE (200K...sold to a friend)

If anyone cares, I'm selling Zumbrano wood trim. I use wood harvested from broken wooden bats used by Cubs pitcher and renowned best hitting pitcher in baseball, Carlos Zumbrano, all handcrafted and polished to a high gloss.

P.S. that's me holding one of the bats.

'08 RRS HSE Stornoway Gray

Space isn't remote at all. It's only an hour's drive away if your car could go straight upwards.

5. Remove Advertisements
    Range Rovers Forum
    Advertisements

JUNIOR ROVER

Quote Originally Posted by gooseyloosey
    If anyone cares, I'm selling Zumbrano wood trim. I use wood harvested from broken wooden bats used by Cubs pitcher and renowned best hitting pitcher in baseball, Carlos Zumbrano, all handcrafted and polished to a high gloss.

P.S. that's me holding one of the bats.
    ROFL
    Cheers

Dave

2006 Range Rover Sport HSE
    Bonatti Grey
    Ebony/Ebony
    2010 Supercharged Wheels

SOPHOMORE ROVER

I just found out that I in fact have the no-charge option lined Oak trim . The original owner got the right options - cold weather package, Stormers, NO sport trimmed seats, NO ACC and lined Oak. I will say that the dark Zebrano is my favorite, I really love the black with brown accents - its just enough contrast to look rich yet still sporty.

Roveractive has the vent pieces as well as others in the lined Oak. Has anyone bought a wood trim steering wheel from them or the vent pieces or hockey sticks? The more I look at my 'Rhodium' trim the more I think it would look a little better with lined Oak. I believe these are all stick-on overlays, correct?

edit: Justin just told me that the hockey sticks are discontinued but they do have a lined Oak steering wheel...is the 1k+ price tag worth it you think? Assuming that money is not the sticking point here. The OEM wheels look kind of...underdone. Like they should be on an LR2.

I got my steering wheel and shift knob (in cherry) from William Rau here in Los Angeles. Very expensive as I recall - probably not as much as Roveractive, though - but you get what you pay for, truly handcrafted quality. http://rau-autowood.com/rover/Sport_Selects.html

As far as hockey sticks and vents, I understand that the good stuff is not just a peel and stick overlay, it is actually a replacement panel made of wood rather than plastic. I purchased the Land Rover cherrywood OEM kit on eBay when I bought the car (my 2006 HSE came with the LUX cherry trim on doors and center console.) They are stick-on covers for radio / satnav side trim pieces and the four front vents. They do the job as far as looks, but the quality is crap. I got the kit real cheap so I can't complain.

FRESHMAN ROVER

Hate to continue to threadjack.... but....

My buddy has an '09 RRS HSE and the trim peices on the dash above the hockey sticks all the way up and including vents (flanking the radio and nav screen) on his care are actually metal... Aluminum I think. I don't know when they started using those, but my '06 SC has them in plastic. Any idea where we could source those metal trim peices for replacement other than the dealer?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now