Front Windows Will Not Roll Down - Page 6
  1. Welcome to RangeRovers.net – General discussion forum for Range Rovers

Welcome to RangeRovers.net - a website dedicated to all things Range Rovers.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join RangeRovers.net today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6

Thread: Front Windows Will Not Roll Down

Re: Front Windows Will Not Roll Down

Quote Originally Posted by RoverGuy7 View Post
    ... it would help to know what country you're in to be sure you're checking the correct passenger's side.
    Thus the reason we ask for a real location in profiles and that folks use proper LEFT or RIGHT terms instead of local slang like driver and passenger...
    When dealing with yourself, act with your brain
    When dealing others, act with your heart.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Range Rovers Forum
    Advertisements

Ok I am near giving up here, someone please give me just a little bit more information, I have a 2005 range rover sport Right hand drive (UK) and I have checked both door sills and no black and grey wires, I did find 3 black wires going into one black wire, is this the splice people are on about? if so I have rewired all factory splices that I can find and I've had no luck.

FRESHMAN ROVER

I would have to hazard a guess, but I think the wires would be on your passenger side if that is where the fuse box is. Personally, I went through both sill wiring looms and fixed about 3 or 4 corroded splices, including one mid-way to the fuse box which gave juice to the sunroof. (thought the water would not have effected that high up but it did...)

Pull apart both sides and do it right- even if there are not issues today, the corrosion will not stop and you will have other "mystery" gremlins.

5. Remove Advertisements
    Range Rovers Forum
    Advertisements

Had the same problem. Driver side window and front passenger window would not operate from master control on driver side. Other indications that its a ground fault on my 2006 sport is that i could remove the 25amp fuse position #7, this is the fuse for the driver side window, and could get the front passenger window to work from both driver side and passenger window control but still could not get driver side window to operate. Also verified that I had power going to main switch driver side and to the window actuator on the driver side. All is working now. 3 Gray/black wires are on passenger side front third of the opening and they did show corrosion. I don't believe my moonroof drain is my problem but found a lot of moisture either from spilled sodas or coffee.

IMG_0065.jpg

this is my very first post on this forum, but i just wanted to say THANK YOU!

also, here's a zoomed out pic of the wire splice location, for those not sure where to look. i located the crimp/splice right where the tip of my wire tool is.

Front Windows Will Not Roll Down-img_8224.jpg
    what a lousy connector that it! even if it didn't get wet... i gave it a tug and the actual wires were disintegrated and the tip just popped off. i couldn't reach my soldering iron out to the street without getting another extension cord, so i stuffed all three wires into one end of a blue gauge butt connector, crimped the shiz out of it, wrapped it in electrical tape, folded it over and ziptied it.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now