When dealing with yourself, act with your brain
When dealing others, act with your heart.
Ok I am near giving up here, someone please give me just a little bit more information, I have a 2005 range rover sport Right hand drive (UK) and I have checked both door sills and no black and grey wires, I did find 3 black wires going into one black wire, is this the splice people are on about? if so I have rewired all factory splices that I can find and I've had no luck.
I would have to hazard a guess, but I think the wires would be on your passenger side if that is where the fuse box is. Personally, I went through both sill wiring looms and fixed about 3 or 4 corroded splices, including one mid-way to the fuse box which gave juice to the sunroof. (thought the water would not have effected that high up but it did...)
Pull apart both sides and do it right- even if there are not issues today, the corrosion will not stop and you will have other "mystery" gremlins.
Had the same problem. Driver side window and front passenger window would not operate from master control on driver side. Other indications that its a ground fault on my 2006 sport is that i could remove the 25amp fuse position #7, this is the fuse for the driver side window, and could get the front passenger window to work from both driver side and passenger window control but still could not get driver side window to operate. Also verified that I had power going to main switch driver side and to the window actuator on the driver side. All is working now. 3 Gray/black wires are on passenger side front third of the opening and they did show corrosion. I don't believe my moonroof drain is my problem but found a lot of moisture either from spilled sodas or coffee.
this is my very first post on this forum, but i just wanted to say THANK YOU!
also, here's a zoomed out pic of the wire splice location, for those not sure where to look. i located the crimp/splice right where the tip of my wire tool is.
what a lousy connector that it! even if it didn't get wet... i gave it a tug and the actual wires were disintegrated and the tip just popped off. i couldn't reach my soldering iron out to the street without getting another extension cord, so i stuffed all three wires into one end of a blue gauge butt connector, crimped the shiz out of it, wrapped it in electrical tape, folded it over and ziptied it.