Front Windows Will Not Roll Down - Page 3
  1. Welcome to RangeRovers.net – General discussion forum for Range Rovers

Welcome to RangeRovers.net - a website dedicated to all things Range Rovers.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join RangeRovers.net today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Front Windows Will Not Roll Down

FRESHMAN ROVER

Re: Front Windows Will Not Roll Down

Yet another satisfied customer after taking ASETUNC advice. Now i only have one last problem. The pond of water i discover under my floor mat. How do we unclog the drain to fix this? What drain is this? Where does the water come from?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Range Rovers Forum
    Advertisements

There are 4 drains for the sunroof/one at each corner. There are many existing threads with various methods for clearing them. I for one prefer the network cable method as there is little to no chance of puncture damage to the drain sections.
    When dealing with yourself, act with your brain
    When dealing others, act with your heart.

FRESHMAN ROVER

Does anyone have pics, video or instructions on how to remove the plastic cover to get to the wires? I cannot get that off for life of me. Thx in advanced!

5. Remove Advertisements
    Range Rovers Forum
    Advertisements

FORUM MODERATOR

Quote Originally Posted by krs1 View Post
    Does anyone have pics, video or instructions on how to remove the plastic cover to get to the wires? I cannot get that off for life of me. Thx in advanced!
    you can use a firm plastic putty knife or a butter knife and gently pry up along several sections of the plastic cover...it will pop up.
    PJPR
    13 Orkney Grey RRS HSE Lux
    06 Cairns Blue RRS HSE (200K...sold to a friend)

FRESHMAN ROVER

Thanks alot! Great advise!!! Don't think i could have found this out myself....

FRESHMAN ROVER

Guys,

Thanks for all of the suggestions and pointers here. I'm convinced this is my issue, and I've been inside the wire harness on the passenger side several times now, but I've nott been able to locate the 3 slate/black wires, or any cables connected and taped. I do see several connections with heat shrink, but those are along the cable, and all seem to be very solid and in good shape. I've searched through the wire harness starting as close to the front as possible, working bmy way back. Again, I thought if i could at least find one of the slate/black wires, it would be able to track it to the other two. I have a 2007 RRS HSE, is there a chance they changed the cable color coding from 2006 to 2007? Any tips on locating that connection? It appears that many have had a similar challenge, and it can take some significant time.

On the wire harness itself, access is severely restricted. Near the front of the car, the harness goes under/into a black plastic cover, near the thicker ground connections with blue tape, shown in the pics above.
    From the, I was able to remove the electrical tape wrap toward the center of the front seat. Specifically, where several cables from the harness go underneath the passenger seat. I assume the connection is expected to be between these two points. One of the pics suggests they actually come front the front, is that correct?

Looking for any insight, as I'm certain this is my issue, but have so far been unable to locate these specific wires.

Thanks!!

FRESHMAN ROVER

Here's a different view and a crappy pic (parking lot/road trip repair). I don't remember specifically, but it looks like my 3 wires were doubled back on each other, so maybe looking for that scenario might help. Keep at it.
    Front Windows Will Not Roll Down-20140209_093051-1-.jpg

FRESHMAN ROVER

What I wrote, but don't remember, was that the plastic cover slides out towards you if you're kneeling outside the vehicle. Hope that helps. Brute strength and ignorance have always worked well for me

FRESHMAN ROVER

So, I have a US Spec LHD. Would the problematic wiring be on the drivers side ? (My symptoms are the all windows work apart from Drivers Side (Left) front.

FRESHMAN ROVER

Wiring is in the passenger side sill.

FRESHMAN ROVER

Quote Originally Posted by Riverdown View Post
    Wiring is in the passenger side sill.
    I guess that's my question. Passenger side in the UK is opposite to passenger side in the USA

So, are the UK and US spec RRs wired the same way or do the reverse the loom ?

FRESHMAN ROVER

My Rover is also US spec, LHD, and the wiring is in the right side, or passenger sill. Not sure about the possible configurations otherwise availalbe.

FRESHMAN ROVER

Crazy, I have spent an hour out there looking for grey/black wires. No dice. My symptoms are that only the drivers side (left) window isn't working, should I keep hunting for wires ?

FRESHMAN ROVER

Quote Originally Posted by Loganjayy View Post
    Hi Everyone,

I feel like this is going to be my fix as my sunroof is notoriously leaky (another days issue) but how did people get off the second plastic cover?

It is the length of both passenger doors and looks to be held in place with sliding clips (white, circular) but the plastic goes beneath the carpet. I see the wiring loom I need to get to but no amount of forward force is getting this second plastic tray out. Pics attached (hope they work)

Attachment 139225
    Attachment 139233
    Please help before my wife divorces me (it's her RR/SC) for not taking it to the dealership!!
    It will come up, remove the two white circular clips then pull like a mofo on one (front) end of it, straight up and squeeze it past the weather stripping.

I had the same issue and i check the wiring diagram.
    i found that one relay is not giving the permission to open the front window
    so i connected B going to the window motor directly to ground.
    now i can open close front windows without ignition on.
    i think thats not the official way but working
    Front Windows Will Not Roll Down-fenster.jpg

you think i have the same problem with the wire on passenger side?

where is the drain hole to check?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now