Wow. Got the runaround re the peeling airbag cover - Page 2
  1. Welcome to RangeRovers.net – General discussion forum for Range Rovers

    Welcome to RangeRovers.net - a website dedicated to all things Range Rovers.

    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join RangeRovers.net today!
     
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 33

Thread: Wow. Got the runaround re the peeling airbag cover

  1. #16
    FRESHMAN ROVER
    Join Date
    November 28th, 2007
    Location
    Palm Beach Gardens. FL, USA
    Posts
    152

    Re: Wow. Got the runaround re the peeling airbag cover

    Wow I can't believe some of you guys are having trouble getting the air bag cover and steering wheel replaced under warranty.
    LandRover of Orlando replaced both parts for me with no questions asked. I would suggest going to another dealer or presenting the TSB
    this forum is filled with TSB information that dealers dont want us to know. Remember KNOWLEDGE IS POWER
    2013 Range Rover Sport Supercharged
    black on black
    22' Stormers from my 06

    Traded in 06 Range Rover Sport Supercharged
    black on black
    minus the Stormers

  2. Remove Advertisements
    Range Rovers Forum
    Advertisements
     

  3. #17
    NEWBIE
    Join Date
    January 31st, 2010
    Posts
    2

    Re: Wow. Got the runaround re the peeling airbag cover

    That's crazy!!! I went to my Land Rover dealer about my air compressors and they changed the airbag cover without me even asking them. Go to another dealer ASAP.

  4. #18
    JUNIOR ROVER
    Join Date
    February 23rd, 2010
    Posts
    521

    Re: Wow. Got the runaround re the peeling airbag cover

    Quote Originally Posted by jp2time
    That's crazy!!! I went to my Land Rover dealer about my air compressors and they changed the airbag cover without me even asking them. Go to another dealer ASAP.
    Yeah, again, I honestly believe I had a jackass service advisor. I'm gonna give them another chance with the TSB and if they don't do it, I'll see if I can swing up to another LR dealer. Kinda sucks but you gotta do what you gotta do.
    Cheers

    Dave

    2006 Range Rover Sport HSE
    Bonatti Grey
    Ebony/Ebony
    2010 Supercharged Wheels

  5. Remove Advertisements
    Range Rovers Forum
    Advertisements
     

  6. #19
    FRESHMAN ROVER
    Join Date
    January 14th, 2010
    Posts
    69

    Re: Wow. Got the runaround re the peeling airbag cover

    just dropped it off for my 45k service. i mentioned the airbag and a new one is on it's way! gonna have them throw on my new zebrano wood steering wheel at the same time to match the interior. 2 birds.....
    08' RRS M/O Java Black
    04' Porsche 40th Anniversary
    2011 VW GTI, Carbon Graphite
    1957 Chevy Truck Custom
    08' Honda Ruckus Black Satin (awe yeah)

  7. #20
    JUNIOR ROVER
    Join Date
    February 23rd, 2010
    Posts
    521

    Re: Wow. Got the runaround re the peeling airbag cover

    Quote Originally Posted by cameradude
    just dropped it off for my 45k service. i mentioned the airbag and a new one is on it's way! gonna have them throw on my new zebrano wood steering wheel at the same time to match the interior. 2 birds.....
    What is involved in a 45k service?
    Cheers

    Dave

    2006 Range Rover Sport HSE
    Bonatti Grey
    Ebony/Ebony
    2010 Supercharged Wheels

  8. #21
    SENIOR ROVER q-rover's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 14th, 2007
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    1,052

    Re: Wow. Got the runaround re the peeling airbag cover

    Stamping the logbook and giving you a bill.



    1998 Autobiography 4.6 V8 of course

  9. #22
    FRESHMAN ROVER
    Join Date
    January 14th, 2010
    Posts
    69

    Re: Wow. Got the runaround re the peeling airbag cover

    mainly an oil change and checking the brakes. No bill was involved, apparently services are free at my dealership until 50k. Maybe you guys should check out South Bay Land Rover in Redondo Beach!
    08' RRS M/O Java Black
    04' Porsche 40th Anniversary
    2011 VW GTI, Carbon Graphite
    1957 Chevy Truck Custom
    08' Honda Ruckus Black Satin (awe yeah)

  10. #23
    FRESHMAN ROVER
    Join Date
    February 19th, 2010
    Location
    Miami
    Posts
    213

    Re: Wow. Got the runaround re the peeling airbag cover

    Quote Originally Posted by cameradude
    mainly an oil change and checking the brakes. No bill was involved, apparently services are free at my dealership until 50k. Maybe you guys should check out South Bay Land Rover in Redondo Beach!
    They are free at any dealership if your LR has scheduled maintenance.

    Back on topic though, I got my airbag cover replaced because of the peeling at no charge this morning. Didn't even have to bust out the copy of the TSB which of course I brought with me.

  11. #24
    FRESHMAN ROVER
    Join Date
    January 14th, 2010
    Posts
    69

    Re: Wow. Got the runaround re the peeling airbag cover

    Quote Originally Posted by MIAMIRRS
    Quote Originally Posted by cameradude
    mainly an oil change and checking the brakes. No bill was involved, apparently services are free at my dealership until 50k. Maybe you guys should check out South Bay Land Rover in Redondo Beach!
    They are free at any dealership if your LR has scheduled maintenance.

    Back on topic though, I got my airbag cover replaced because of the peeling at no charge this morning. Didn't even have to bust out the copy of the TSB which of course I brought with me.
    just got the car in December off of a lease exchange, had no idea if it had the scheduled maintenance or not. excuse me smart ass.
    08' RRS M/O Java Black
    04' Porsche 40th Anniversary
    2011 VW GTI, Carbon Graphite
    1957 Chevy Truck Custom
    08' Honda Ruckus Black Satin (awe yeah)

  12. #25
    LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR umbertob's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 23rd, 2005
    Location
    Pasadena, CA
    Posts
    11,013

    Re: Wow. Got the runaround re the peeling airbag cover

    Quote Originally Posted by Goinkin
    What is involved in a 45k service?
    For MY06-09s, the 36-month/45K-mile tuneup is a bit more than just a lube job: download/file.php?id=2749 - It's also the last "free" service performed by your authorized dealer if your car included a complimentary maintenance program here in North America.

  13. #26
    FRESHMAN ROVER
    Join Date
    February 19th, 2010
    Location
    Miami
    Posts
    213

    Re: Wow. Got the runaround re the peeling airbag cover

    Quote Originally Posted by cameradude
    Quote Originally Posted by MIAMIRRS
    Quote Originally Posted by cameradude
    mainly an oil change and checking the brakes. No bill was involved, apparently services are free at my dealership until 50k. Maybe you guys should check out South Bay Land Rover in Redondo Beach!
    They are free at any dealership if your LR has scheduled maintenance.

    Back on topic though, I got my airbag cover replaced because of the peeling at no charge this morning. Didn't even have to bust out the copy of the TSB which of course I brought with me.
    just got the car in December off of a lease exchange, had no idea if it had the scheduled maintenance or not. excuse me smart ass.
    No need to get hostile... But come on, what dealer is going to give away 50K miles of service for free? On the contrary, they are ready to screw you at the first opportunity.

  14. #27
    FRESHMAN ROVER
    Join Date
    January 14th, 2010
    Posts
    69

    Re: Wow. Got the runaround re the peeling airbag cover

    you're right! *******S! they wanted to charge me 6500 for wheels and tires that i found for 1500! still waiting for my airbag, said they had to ship ground because its hazardous and under pressure.....
    08' RRS M/O Java Black
    04' Porsche 40th Anniversary
    2011 VW GTI, Carbon Graphite
    1957 Chevy Truck Custom
    08' Honda Ruckus Black Satin (awe yeah)

  15. #28
    FRESHMAN ROVER
    Join Date
    February 19th, 2010
    Location
    Miami
    Posts
    213

    Re: Wow. Got the runaround re the peeling airbag cover

    Quote Originally Posted by cameradude
    you're right! *******S! they wanted to charge me 6500 for wheels and tires that i found for 1500! still waiting for my airbag, said they had to ship ground because its hazardous and under pressure.....
    One of the sales guys at my stealership was showing off the 22" stormers on his RR, trying to get me to buy them for $4800... Telling me how they were so great and why they were worth the price, blah blah blah... I pulled up ebay on my iphone and showed him those same wheels for $1500 with tires and told him I hoped he got one serious employee discount. They really thrive on people's ignorance. I think most companies that work on LR's do too.

    Its a general thing I'm noticing with LR. Prior to the Range Rover Sport, I owned a pair of BMW 3-series, an 04 M3 and a 335i coupe. I was a member of several owner forums, and did a lot of work, both maintenance and performance myself. The prices for parts were SO much more reasonable than stuff for Land Rovers. I know that Land Rovers are in a different price range and 3ers are much more common cars, but I'm also under the impression that if there were more technically active and involved owners, parts manufacturers, mechanics and dealers wouldn't be able to get away with the grand theft they call parts, service and cost of ownership. I guess I have the stigma that a lot of LR owners are the kind that don't want to be bothered by or know the details of the work done to their car or whatever... they just want the MIL to go away.

    "I need new brakes right this second too? Well you ARE the dealer, and YOU know what is best... OK" .... "$7,000? Oh well, it comes with having the name Land Rover..."

    I think the most outrageous example is how 5 square feet of stainless steel mesh cut out to fit the grills is suddenly worth $8,000? How on GOD'S GREEN EARTH do people figure... and the worst part is, people actually buy it! I'm almost the exclusive one in Miami because I DON'T have a Strut kit...

    And the aftermarket companies are not the only ones... the OEM grille for my RRS supercharged is like $380, side vents are $240 a pair???... come on, they are PLASTIC!!! Replacing all four grilles on my M3 (two in the hood/front and the side vents) was less than $300!

    I feel like opening my window, shaking my fist and yelling "I'm mad as hell, and I'm not gonna take it anymore!"

    /rant

  16. #29
    FRESHMAN ROVER
    Join Date
    January 14th, 2010
    Posts
    69

    Re: Wow. Got the runaround re the peeling airbag cover

    two words....amen brutha!
    08' RRS M/O Java Black
    04' Porsche 40th Anniversary
    2011 VW GTI, Carbon Graphite
    1957 Chevy Truck Custom
    08' Honda Ruckus Black Satin (awe yeah)

  17. #30
    FRESHMAN ROVER
    Join Date
    June 15th, 2007
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    177

    Re: Wow. Got the runaround re the peeling airbag cover

    Quote Originally Posted by lakbum
    Could you take a picture of the peeling airbag cover? I think mine might be doing that and I thought maybe it was just like that naturally since I didn't pay attention to it when I first got the car.
    On my steering wheel, the top edge of the airbag cover was not aligned (i.e. it was sticking up higher) with the steering wheel itself. Now that I got mine replaced (both the wheel and the cover) the top edge is aligned, but the bottom is not Go LR of Manhattan!
    2013 Range Rover Sport Supercharged

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Similar Threads

  1. Steering Wheel Cover (LR) Fix Peeling Paint?
    By rcmorgan in forum Range Rover Mark III / L322
    Replies: 48
    Last Post: February 17th, 2014, 09:42 AM
  2. Steering wheel airbag cover
    By umbertob in forum Range Rover Sport / L320
    Replies: 39
    Last Post: April 9th, 2013, 03:27 PM
  3. Should I do upper timing cover + valve cover gaskets?
    By linuxfreakus in forum Range Rover Mark III / L322
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: February 19th, 2011, 09:50 AM
  4. Airbag cover...
    By Goinkin in forum Range Rover Sport / L320
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: December 12th, 2010, 12:39 PM
  5. Fog Light rear cover/bulb access cover
    By LIRA in forum Range Rover Mark II / P38
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: December 17th, 2008, 05:42 AM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v4.3.0