Wow. Got the runaround re the peeling airbag cover - Page 2
  1. Welcome to RangeRovers.net – General discussion forum for Range Rovers

Welcome to RangeRovers.net - a website dedicated to all things Range Rovers.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join RangeRovers.net today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Wow. Got the runaround re the peeling airbag cover

FRESHMAN ROVER

Re: Wow. Got the runaround re the peeling airbag cover

Wow I can't believe some of you guys are having trouble getting the air bag cover and steering wheel replaced under warranty.
    LandRover of Orlando replaced both parts for me with no questions asked. I would suggest going to another dealer or presenting the TSB
    this forum is filled with TSB information that dealers dont want us to know. Remember KNOWLEDGE IS POWER
    2013 Range Rover Sport Supercharged
    black on black
    22' Stormers from my 06

Traded in 06 Range Rover Sport Supercharged
    black on black
    minus the Stormers

2. Remove Advertisements
    Range Rovers Forum
    Advertisements

That's crazy!!! I went to my Land Rover dealer about my air compressors and they changed the airbag cover without me even asking them. Go to another dealer ASAP.

JUNIOR ROVER

Quote Originally Posted by jp2time
    That's crazy!!! I went to my Land Rover dealer about my air compressors and they changed the airbag cover without me even asking them. Go to another dealer ASAP.
    Yeah, again, I honestly believe I had a jackass service advisor. I'm gonna give them another chance with the TSB and if they don't do it, I'll see if I can swing up to another LR dealer. Kinda sucks but you gotta do what you gotta do.
    Cheers

Dave

2006 Range Rover Sport HSE
    Bonatti Grey
    Ebony/Ebony
    2010 Supercharged Wheels

5. Remove Advertisements
    Range Rovers Forum
    Advertisements

FRESHMAN ROVER

just dropped it off for my 45k service. i mentioned the airbag and a new one is on it's way! gonna have them throw on my new zebrano wood steering wheel at the same time to match the interior. 2 birds.....
    08' RRS M/O Java Black
    04' Porsche 40th Anniversary
    2011 VW GTI, Carbon Graphite
    1957 Chevy Truck Custom
    08' Honda Ruckus Black Satin (awe yeah)

JUNIOR ROVER

Quote Originally Posted by cameradude
    just dropped it off for my 45k service. i mentioned the airbag and a new one is on it's way! gonna have them throw on my new zebrano wood steering wheel at the same time to match the interior. 2 birds.....
    What is involved in a 45k service?
    Cheers

Dave

2006 Range Rover Sport HSE
    Bonatti Grey
    Ebony/Ebony
    2010 Supercharged Wheels

Stamping the logbook and giving you a bill.

1998 Autobiography 4.6 V8 of course

FRESHMAN ROVER

mainly an oil change and checking the brakes. No bill was involved, apparently services are free at my dealership until 50k. Maybe you guys should check out South Bay Land Rover in Redondo Beach!
    08' RRS M/O Java Black
    1957 Chevy Truck Custom

FRESHMAN ROVER

mainly an oil change and checking the brakes. No bill was involved, apparently services are free at my dealership until 50k. Maybe you guys should check out South Bay Land Rover in Redondo Beach!
    They are free at any dealership if your LR has scheduled maintenance.

Back on topic though, I got my airbag cover replaced because of the peeling at no charge this morning. Didn't even have to bust out the copy of the TSB which of course I brought with me.

FRESHMAN ROVER

Quote Originally Posted by MIAMIRRS

Back on topic though, I got my airbag cover replaced because of the peeling at no charge this morning. Didn't even have to bust out the copy of the TSB which of course I brought with me.
    just got the car in December off of a lease exchange, had no idea if it had the scheduled maintenance or not. excuse me smart ass.
    08' RRS M/O Java Black
    1957 Chevy Truck Custom

Quote Originally Posted by Goinkin
    What is involved in a 45k service?
    For MY06-09s, the 36-month/45K-mile tuneup is a bit more than just a lube job: download/file.php?id=2749 - It's also the last "free" service performed by your authorized dealer if your car included a complimentary maintenance program here in North America.

FRESHMAN ROVER

Quote Originally Posted by MIAMIRRS

just got the car in December off of a lease exchange, had no idea if it had the scheduled maintenance or not. excuse me smart ass.
    No need to get hostile... But come on, what dealer is going to give away 50K miles of service for free? On the contrary, they are ready to screw you at the first opportunity.

FRESHMAN ROVER

you're right! *******S! they wanted to charge me 6500 for wheels and tires that i found for 1500! still waiting for my airbag, said they had to ship ground because its hazardous and under pressure.....
    08' RRS M/O Java Black
    1957 Chevy Truck Custom

FRESHMAN ROVER

you're right! *******S! they wanted to charge me 6500 for wheels and tires that i found for 1500! still waiting for my airbag, said they had to ship ground because its hazardous and under pressure.....
    One of the sales guys at my stealership was showing off the 22" stormers on his RR, trying to get me to buy them for $4800... Telling me how they were so great and why they were worth the price, blah blah blah... I pulled up ebay on my iphone and showed him those same wheels for $1500 with tires and told him I hoped he got one serious employee discount. They really thrive on people's ignorance. I think most companies that work on LR's do too.

Its a general thing I'm noticing with LR. Prior to the Range Rover Sport, I owned a pair of BMW 3-series, an 04 M3 and a 335i coupe. I was a member of several owner forums, and did a lot of work, both maintenance and performance myself. The prices for parts were SO much more reasonable than stuff for Land Rovers. I know that Land Rovers are in a different price range and 3ers are much more common cars, but I'm also under the impression that if there were more technically active and involved owners, parts manufacturers, mechanics and dealers wouldn't be able to get away with the grand theft they call parts, service and cost of ownership. I guess I have the stigma that a lot of LR owners are the kind that don't want to be bothered by or know the details of the work done to their car or whatever... they just want the MIL to go away.

"I need new brakes right this second too? Well you ARE the dealer, and YOU know what is best... OK" .... "$7,000? Oh well, it comes with having the name Land Rover..."

I think the most outrageous example is how 5 square feet of stainless steel mesh cut out to fit the grills is suddenly worth $8,000? How on GOD'S GREEN EARTH do people figure... and the worst part is, people actually buy it! I'm almost the exclusive one in Miami because I DON'T have a Strut kit...

And the aftermarket companies are not the only ones... the OEM grille for my RRS supercharged is like $380, side vents are $240 a pair???... come on, they are PLASTIC!!! Replacing all four grilles on my M3 (two in the hood/front and the side vents) was less than $300!

I feel like opening my window, shaking my fist and yelling "I'm mad as hell, and I'm not gonna take it anymore!"

/rant

FRESHMAN ROVER

two words....amen brutha!
    08' RRS M/O Java Black
    1957 Chevy Truck Custom

FRESHMAN ROVER

Quote Originally Posted by lakbum
    Could you take a picture of the peeling airbag cover? I think mine might be doing that and I thought maybe it was just like that naturally since I didn't pay attention to it when I first got the car.
    On my steering wheel, the top edge of the airbag cover was not aligned (i.e. it was sticking up higher) with the steering wheel itself. Now that I got mine replaced (both the wheel and the cover) the top edge is aligned, but the bottom is not Go LR of Manhattan!
    2013 Range Rover Sport Supercharged

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now