Range Rovers Forum banner

Do you like the Redesign RRS?

7K views 38 replies 15 participants last post by  JeffW 
#1 ·
So, I went to the dealership for Service and they had just gotten in a new 2010 RRS. I was really considering trading in my 06 for the new RRS until I saw it. While, the new interior is AWESOME -- a much needed upgrade - I do not think I like the new front of the car. I feel a little like a trader even suggesting this. I wonder if I'm the only one or if others are also unsure about the new front?

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
lschor said:
So, I went to the dealership for Service and they had just gotten in a new 2010 RRS. I was really considering trading in my 06 for the new RRS until I saw it. While, the new interior is AWESOME -- a much needed upgrade - I do not think I like the new front of the car. I feel a little like a trader even suggesting this. I wonder if I'm the only one or if others are also unsure about the new front?
Hey, Lschor. Excellent, excellent pic. Question for ya... What are the chances you could talk to your dealer and ask if that one was Buckingham Blue, or Bali Blue. The reason being, we are buying a Bali Blue one, but I would hope it's more vibrant than that. It looks like the Buckingham FFRRSC we have now. Thank you so much if you could find that out. Again, thanks for the pic. I can't wait to see this beast. I love it just from pictures.

#5 ·
yah, not a fan of the new front. Grill looks like the front from the old LR2. Interior is much nicer than the previous models though. Other than that, the looks are pretty much the same. Only Land Rover folks will no the difference in an 09 and a 10. Motor sounds like a big improvement though. Especially for us high altitude folks....superchargers don't work so great up here, and the 300hp engine feels like 200 in thin air.

#6 ·
saw the 2010 this morning and at first i was not a big fan of the new front end, but it looks better in person. However, i still like front end of the older models. The rear end and the sideview looks great on the 2010 model though. And i agree on the interior, it looks really nice.

i still vote for the 2009 front end, it's more LR looking. The 2010 model looks boxy from the front.

#8 ·
maxwell said:
Especially for us high altitude folks....superchargers don't work so great up here, and the 300hp engine feels like 200 in thin air.
Why wouldn't a supercharger work so great at high altitude? I thought it (and turbos) were the cure for the thin-air problem. They seem to work well on airplanes, which undergo an even wider variation in altitude.

#11 ·
I personally , don't like the final front bumper at all, the fog lamps look like an after thought. looks like they came up with the new bumper, stood back and say " oh crap, we forgot holes for the fog lamps, get the torch out lets melt some holes for the fog lamps "

The front drivers and passenger seat still give you that " hunched over" feel, that is uncomfortable for anyone over 5'10'' ( I'm 6'1'' ), that drives at times more than 2 hours straight . They could have done a better job finishing the door panels, and not made it look like a reg plastic door panel.

Supercharged sport should have the option a high-end sound system, instead of the standard 500 watt system.

The new front 6-piston brake calipers on the supercharged sport are HUGE, there is NO way you'll get a 19" rim over it. There is barely room for the 20" rims to get on the hub. So there goes any chance of taking your " world class all-Terrain/weather SUV " off-roading.

My 2 cents.........Now my spring plans of upgrading are now on hold after seeing the new 2010 sport. The new sport is either going to drive me to a Full Size supercharged or autobiography or start looking at Cayenne GTS or Turbo, again. Yes, they did a great job with all the new electronics ( about time they got a real keyless entry and start/stop feature ) and changing the dashboard look and usability. But what the #$@#@ were they thinking with the front-end and the fog lamps? headLights look awesome ,rear lamps look good......... but all the finish work, needs to go back in for a redsign again.

#12 ·
It is getting to be too much of a luxary SUV

I really like the interior. Exterior looks the same. 500 horse power makes for a great street SUV.
All the changes seem to be really good for the street and of no benefit off road.

#13 ·
RoverFreak... Is the Harmon Kardon Logic 7 system standard? I thought it was the premium sound system. Am I missing something? Our '06 RRSS blows my '09 Infiniti FX's upgraded Bose system out of the water... with flying colors. The Sport sounds as good as our FFRRSC HK Logic 7 system. Did they change something with the stereo for the 2010? Does anyone know?

#14 ·
RoverfreakNH said:
I personally , don't like the final front bumper at all...The new sport is either going to drive me to a Full Size supercharged or autobiography or start looking at Cayenne GTS or Turbo, again.
Umm Roverfreak, the Porsche Cayenne may have about the ugliest front end in SUV history...one only a momma manta ray could love.

#15 ·
Weatherman, I believe the sound system is going to be the same on the 2010s as it was on 06-09s, all 2010 press releases and literature make no mention of improvements or changes to it (besides the new iPod / USB ports and touchscreen interface.) In North America the only sound system available for the RRS (both HSE and S/C models), regardless of trim or package, is the high line HK Logic7 system, standard equipment here but an extra cost option on many other markets.

#16 ·
gooseyloosey said:
RoverfreakNH said:
I personally , don't like the final front bumper at all The new sport is either going to drive me to a Full Size supercharged or autobiography or start looking at Cayenne GTS or Turbo, again.
Umm Roverfreak, the Porsche Cayenne may just have about the ugliest front end in SUV history...one only a momma manta ray could love.

I will have to agree with you for the first 3-4 years of the Cayenne, BUT 2010 Cayenne, front end looks MUCH better and not as " ugly" , They have cleaned it up, and made it look much better. and atleast you can still put winter/all terrain tires on all models on the Cayenne. LR could have done a much better job cleaning up that front bumper on the 2010 sport, and not made it look like a " pug" nose. That black lower bar looks cheap.

Everyone living in winter climates, and/or take their rigs off-roading they way they were intended & designed for, can't use the 20" street tires for bad weather or off-road use. The 2010 Sport supercharged is going to be useless for me if I purchase it for New England weather ( New Hampshire got 158" of snow fall last winter season in central New Hampshire.. My RRSSC 08 with Nokian WRs did not have ANY issues going out in any snow or ice storms) and off-roading on white mountains log trails, or summer weekends off-roading on cape cod.

Point being, sport supercharged it turning into a street only , 3 season SAV with those huge calipers. And if they are going that large of a caliper, why not put ceramic pads in, and drilled rotors? Nope, not LR, lets use the same solid vented rotors we've been using for a few years. We'll just make customers and LR dealers stock extra rotors when they are warped from all the heat from 6 pistons gripping the hell out of the standard rotors :thumb:

#17 ·
umbertob said:
Weatherman, I believe the sound system is going to be the same on the 2010s as it was on 06-09s, all 2010 press releases and literature make no mention of improvements or changes to it (besides the new iPod / USB ports and touchscreen interface.) In North America the only sound system available for the RRS (both HSE and S/C models), regardless of trim or package, is the high line HK Logic7 system, standard equipment here but an extra cost option on many other markets.
Thanks Umberto! I was a little worried because I think that stereo rocks! It's the best stereo I've ever heard actually. I guess some people really have some good ears that want even more. A great feature with the system is being able to adjust the sub. That baby can really blast you out of the car if it's set too high. I wish I had that adjustment on my other cars. Good to "hear" it's still on the 2010. Thanks again for the feedback. Now I'm still trying to figure out if that pic posted above is Buckingham or Bali Blue. Any input on that? It sure looks like Buckingham to me.

#18 ·
The Weatherman said:
RoverFreak... Is the Harmon Kardon Logic 7 system standard? I thought it was the premium sound system. Am I missing something? Our '06 RRSS blows my '09 Infiniti FX's upgraded Bose system out of the water... with flying colors. The Sport sounds as good as our FFRRSC HK Logic 7 system. Did they change something with the stereo for the 2010? Does anyone know?

Exactly the same system, I'm saying for the $$$ of going for a supercharged, they should give it the same 1200 Watt system as the Full size supercharged or Autobiography, or make it an option for the sport super charged.

#19 ·
The Weatherman said:
umbertob said:
Thanks Umberto! I was a little worried because I think that stereo rocks! It's the best stereo I've ever heard actually. I guess some people really have some good ears that want even more. A great feature with the system is being able to adjust the sub. That baby can really blast you out of the car if it's set too high. I wish I had that adjustment on my other cars. Good to "hear" it's still on the 2010. Thanks again for the feedback. Now I'm still trying to figure out if that pic posted above is Buckingham or Bali Blue. Any input on that? It sure looks like Buckingham to me.

You'll love this... " Bali blue" is a $9800.00 USD option for the 2010s!!!

#20 ·
RoverfreakNH said:
The Weatherman said:

Exactly the same system, I'm saying for the $$$ of going for a supercharged, they should give it the same 1200 Watt system as the Full size supercharged or Autobiography, or make it an option for the sport super charged.
Woah! The new Full Size has a 1200 watt system? Does our '08 Full Size Supercharged have that too? Good God that's a lot of power.

#21 ·
RoverfreakNH said:
The Weatherman said:
umbertob said:

You'll love this... " Bali blue" is a $9800.00 USD option for the 2010s!!!

WHAT???? ARE YOU SERIOUS?!! I think my rear end hurts.

#22 ·
You'll love this... " Bali blue" is a $9800.00 USD option for the 2010s!!![/quote]

WHAT???? ARE YOU SERIOUS?!! I think my rear end hurts.[/quote]

I used other words... when the owner of my local dealer threw the 2010 price book at me, and said " Are you sure you want the bali blue???? Page 3, bottom of the page " I almost asked if they buy you dinner and the bottle of KY before bending me over, before handing over the keyfob ....

#24 ·
RoverfreakNH said:
My RRSSC 08 with Nokian WRs did not have ANY issues going out in any snow or ice storms) and off-roading on white mountains log trails, or summer weekends off-roading on cape cod.

Point being, sport supercharged it turning into a street only , 3 season SAV with those huge calipers.
If you're happy with the WRs, then you can just get the 275/40R20 WRG2s. I had the original WRs and slipped too much on ice, so I'm going with Blizzak winter takeoffs. There are lots of 20-inch options, particularly the oft touted Cooper Zeons for mild off-roading. The only issue would be if you want to really air-down for floatation and extra grip, but it doesn't sound like you're doing that anyway. Personally, I wish I could fit these babies:

http://www.4x4offroads.com/at405-radial.html

But the Cayenne can't either.

#25 ·
If you're happy with the WRs, then you can just get the 275/40R20 WRG2s. I had the original WRs and slipped too much on ice, so I'm going with Blizzak winter takeoffs. There are lots of 20-inch options, particularly the oft touted Cooper Zeons for mild off-roading. The only issue would be if you want to really air-down for floatation and extra grip, but it doesn't sound like you're doing that anyway. Personally, I wish I could fit these babies:

http://www.4x4offroads.com/at405-radial.html

But the Cayenne can't either.[/quote]

Thats what I run now for the Winter.. Is the Nokian 20" WR G2s. I didn't have any issues with them...

Cayenne turbo S you can still put a 19" rim and off-roading tire on the car, even over the brembos, or the 20" Nokians R, or WRs...

#26 ·
HD radio is available on the RRS for the 2010 as an option. $9800 for Bali Blue? No way. I am not saying I don't believe you, but perhaps your dealer was looking at non-stock paint options for the FFRR's Autobiography package, not the RRS where Bali blue is supposed to be a standard color that simply replaces Cairns blue (unless they don't plan on bringing Bali blue over to the US... That would explain the ridiculous price also.)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.