Suspension and brake sensitivity
  1. Welcome to RangeRovers.net – General discussion forum for Range Rovers

Welcome to RangeRovers.net - a website dedicated to all things Range Rovers.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join RangeRovers.net today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Suspension and brake sensitivity

Suspension and brake sensitivity

I have had a 2008 RR HSE Sport for about a year now.

I have driven all kinds of cars and I am comfortable driving any kind car. Getting used to the sensitivity on a car isn't a problem for me.

I have still not mastered the brakes on this range rover and also any bump, crack, smallest of pot holes i hit makes the ride feel like a roller coaster.

I have also driven my friends RR. Same exact car. and not a problem. the car drove as smooth as ever.

So does anyone have an idea why my range rover feels like a roller coaster and why the brakes are so jerky,

*car is in good condition, brakes aren't making noise, car isn't making any unusual noise either.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Range Rovers Forum
    Advertisements

Re: Suspension and brake sensitivity

The first place to look are the shock absorbers - if they are worn they can cause some unusual handling and braking issues - so get them checked.

Garry
    Range Rover Sport
    2.7 TDV6

SOPHOMORE ROVER

Re: Suspension and brake sensitivity

What tires do you have and what does he have? Are the tire pressures the same?
    Cheers, Jim

2017 Lincoln Continental Select 2.7 AWD; 2013 RRSport HSE, 40000 miles (traded); 2001 Jaguar XJ8L X308 BRG 89000 miles (traded on RRS); 08 RRSport SC (sold); 08 LR 3 (traded); 05 LR 3 4.2 (traded); 04 BMW Z4 sold; 01 XJ8 anthracite (for LR 3); 98 Z3 (traded on Z4); 01 S-type 4.0 V8 (traded on XJ8; 99 323 IC (traded on S-type); 94 Deville traded; 88 325IS sold

5. Remove Advertisements
    Range Rovers Forum
    Advertisements

Banned
    Hi, had a similar issue.. Resolved. I threw in a pair of Arnotts on the front+stabilizer bar bushings all around+ links all around+ good alignment.. While airbags were absolutely fine, shock absorbers were not.. I think you can replace shocks only but Arnotts were $370 a piece with lifetime warranty so I figured do the whole thing.. While just a shock might cost less, time to reassemble the whole thing will add up to the project cost.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now