Should I buy this 2006 Range Rover Sport? - Page 2
  1. Welcome to RangeRovers.net – General discussion forum for Range Rovers

Welcome to RangeRovers.net - a website dedicated to all things Range Rovers.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join RangeRovers.net today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Should I buy this 2006 Range Rover Sport?

FRESHMAN ROVER

Re: Should I buy this 2006 Range Rover Sport?

Great thanks for the info. I am leaning more on getting the 2006 TD v6 sport. I hope the engine doesn't blow up like so many comments on this forum! :P

2. Remove Advertisements
    Range Rovers Forum
    Advertisements

FRESHMAN ROVER

Quote Originally Posted by mafia005 View Post
    Great thanks for the info. I am leaning more on getting the 2006 TD v6 sport. I hope the engine doesn't blow up like so many comments on this forum! :P
    Were their any parts of this thread deleted?

Mafia - why did you decide on the TDV6? I saw no real support for this option at all in the thread so getting to your last post and I was surprised based on the comments past your original post.
    2006 RRS Bonatti Gray
    2008 RRS S/C Alaska White

FRESHMAN ROVER

Hi, no there weren't any posts deleted in this thread. I have read good reviews on other sites about the td V6, it can't be that bad and fuel economy wise it's pretty good. I only do about 6,000 km a year which is pretty low, so I am hoping because of my low km and no off-roading, I won't have many serious problems. If anyone has any advice, experience with the td v6 sport, or a different opinion, please feel free to post as this is my first Land Rover so I am not that experienced with these cars.

5. Remove Advertisements
    Range Rovers Forum
    Advertisements

FRESHMAN ROVER

Ask on rrsport.co.uk, lots more tdv6 users there.
    However mechanically the car is same otherwise, so you can learn a lot in here.

FRESHMAN ROVER

Thanks I will definitely go post there for more opinions and advice. Cheers!

SOPHOMORE ROVER

If you are not going to drive much at all, then fuel economy should not be a factor. This would be another reason to go with the SC over the TDV6.
    '08 RRS SC

FRESHMAN ROVER

Why do you think the SC is better? I know some people are considered with the fact that it doesn't have much power, but to be honest I am a slow driver anyways. Does it have to do with the reliability and better engine build?

Banned
    Hi,
    #1, SC is just more fun.
    #2, most powerful engine out of entire lineup and SC does not affect reliability so why not?
    #3 SC will come with many options as standard.
    #4 winening about saving 1-2 mpg with most unreliable engine sounds awefull and illogical.

FORUM MODERATOR

What's your motivation for buying a Range Rover Sport?

You'l need to be prepared for repairs...consider at least 10% of your purchase price per year as an estimate...some years more, some years less. You'd better find out what major repairs have been done...if you need to replace the airbags/shocks, the air compressor, any upper or lower suspension links, swaybar bushings, tires, brakes etc...you could pump in 50% of the purchase price just on parts alone. Proceed with that knowledge and investigate both cars well for their service history.

Driving so little is actually a bit of a concern...if it's a lot of short distance trips and short duration...you'd be better off with a VW TDI not a RRS TD...

Quite frankly, it's the regular repair and maintenance costs, not the delta on S/C vs TD mileage economy that's going to consume your money. Your decision to invest in this depends a lot on how long you plan to keep the car.

P.D. Not sure where you see messages about the engines "blowing up"...very rare occurrence.
    Last edited by PJPR01; May 30th, 2016 at 10:19 AM.
    PJPR
    13 Orkney Grey RRS HSE Lux
    06 Cairns Blue RRS HSE (200K...sold to a friend)

SOPHOMORE ROVER

I am not sure how web advertising works in Croatia: but it looks like the diesel is sold. The ad is now inactive.

Unless you bought it, an old expression comes to mind: "you snooze, you lose!"
    Cheers, Jim

2017 Lincoln Continental Select 2.7 AWD; 2013 RRSport HSE, 40000 miles (traded); 2001 Jaguar XJ8L X308 BRG 89000 miles (traded on RRS); 08 RRSport SC (sold); 08 LR 3 (traded); 05 LR 3 4.2 (traded); 04 BMW Z4 sold; 01 XJ8 anthracite (for LR 3); 98 Z3 (traded on Z4); 01 S-type 4.0 V8 (traded on XJ8; 99 323 IC (traded on S-type); 94 Deville traded; 88 325IS sold

FRESHMAN ROVER

Thanks everyone for the lovely responses. The car was not sold, the advertisement just expired and needs to be renewed. Still haven't made up my mind on which car to buy. I think I'm going to wait it out a bit and maybe a better one comes along the way. I would prefer to buy from a dealer instead of private. Cheers!

FRESHMAN ROVER

One more thing I wanted to add, to be honest the Mercedes G wagon has always had a place in my heart. I think it will be well worth the wait in finding the perfect one.

FORUM MODERATOR

One more thing I wanted to add, to be honest the Mercedes G wagon has always had a place in my heart. I think it will be well worth the wait in finding the perfect one.
    That should be a lot cheaper to maintain!
    PJPR
    13 Orkney Grey RRS HSE Lux
    06 Cairns Blue RRS HSE (200K...sold to a friend)

FRESHMAN ROVER

How do you wash the top of a GWagon?
    2006 RRS Bonatti Gray
    2008 RRS S/C Alaska White

The G-Wagon was my top pic for yrs, then the ROVER was 2nd,,,,,,,,,,,, until I road/drove a G-Wagon & a Rover! No comparison in ride, & the interior is MUCH better. My sister in law has a 2015 Wagon, & the interior looks even now, extremely similar to my 09' Rover...

(I too LOVE what PJPR said! Hahaha)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now