Steering wheel vibration on 09 RRS - Page 3
  1. Welcome to RangeRovers.net – General discussion forum for Range Rovers

Welcome to RangeRovers.net - a website dedicated to all things Range Rovers.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join RangeRovers.net today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Steering wheel vibration on 09 RRS

FRESHMAN ROVER

Re: Steering wheel vibration on 09 RRS

As i have the identical issue on my 2008 RRS SC , I am curious if the vibration problem is now solved. Please let us know. THanks.

BE

2. Remove Advertisements
    Range Rovers Forum
    Advertisements

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by 2008RRS
    As i have the identical issue on my 2008 RRS SC , I am curious if the vibration problem is now solved. Please let us know. THanks.

BE

It is NOT solved, now the regional rep wants to replace the front axles...... 1 more tip and I'm really going to look into the NH lemon law

SOPHOMORE ROVER

I just had the same problem on a brand new 09 RR HSE with factory 20s. After the first road force balance did not solve the problem, they tried again and upon looking closer, 2 of the Continental Tires were out of round. Problem solved.
    2014 Range Rover HSE
    2009 Range Rover HSE
    2013 Carrera S Cab
    2013 Boxter S
    2011 Rubicon
    1999 Spec Miata Race Car

5. Remove Advertisements
    Range Rovers Forum
    Advertisements

Banned

OK, so front axles were replaced today, 4 rims, 4 tires, still got the vibration. They called me to not even go there to pick it up. you can feel the vibration is from 20mph to 90+. This is getting rediculous......

FRESHMAN ROVER

Thanks for the update. I dropped mine off at the dealership yesterday, they called today and told that my tires were flat spotted and that they replaced all 4 tires, and that the vibration is gone. I'll pick it up later this week and observe for my self. We'll see.....

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by 2008RRS
    Thanks for the update. I dropped mine off at the dealership yesterday, they called today and told that my tires were flat spotted and that they replaced all 4 tires, and that the vibration is gone. I'll pick it up later this week and observe for my self. We'll see.....

I told them I refuse to pay for anything, I've been complaining about steering wheel vibration since I picked it up 6/19/09 with 1.2 miles on it, and it's all documented as well.

The GM is fighting for me, he gave me his 09 RR HSE to drive in the meantime..

FRESHMAN ROVER

This may be way off...

What about motor mounts or any type of alignment problem with motor and transmission?

What about any joint issues in the transfer cases?

OK I’ll shut up now and watch this movie from afar….
    1994 Maroon Clasic (SWB) new (sold)
    1999 woodcote Disco New (sold)
    1996 black/tan 4.0 w/ 100,000 extended warranty approaching 150,000 miles
    blew motor 158,000 miles now it has a new 4.6

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Mark_CT
    This may be way off...

What about motor mounts or any type of alignment problem with motor and transmission?

What about any joint issues in the transfer cases?

OK I’ll shut up now and watch this movie from afar….

Mark,

Thanks for the ideas..

I know they just did a 4-wheel alignment , 2 weeks ago, as far as the other things, if it really is that bad.. They GM already said , if it's got to do with the powertrain, or anything else major, he said he was going to make them talk to LRNA and see if they'd buy it back, tell them I'll deal with it till the 2010s come out, and then they can give me retail, NOT wholesale value for my vibrating rig. or, start filling out paperwork for NH Lemonlaw.

FRESHMAN ROVER

I picked mine up today from the dealership. They replaced all 4 tires, road forced balanced, and did an alignment all under warranty. The vibration at 60-70mph is still there. The dealership now says 1) they don't notice any vibration, 2) it is normal 3) "the tires are very sensitive to road conditions". I am very disappointed, we like this vehicle a lot, but this is an annoying problem, that remains unresloved.

Bruce

Banned

My dealer took tires and rims off a brand new RRSSC and put them on mine, still vibrated, then they took 19" off another truck and it vibrated still. It isn't tires or rims, there is something else going on. F'n service managers are lazy pricks , and don't want to do the leg work to get the issues escalated . I had to have words with my Service Manager, before he told the lead shop foreman to open a " critical problem ticket" with the "tech desk" . Problem with me, is that other 2 dealerships are over an hour away from my house, my local dealer is 15 minutes. Atleast the GM heard me lets just say speaking in firm very vocal firm tones, to the service manager, and thats when he got involved. I had a 5 hour drive yesterday, it's really begining to piss me off.

I got the vibration from 30-80+ MPH, I took the factory service rep for a drive, had him with me up too 110 MPH and he has no idea what is wrong with my truck.

So far replaced ( all under warr) :
    1.) 4 Conti-tires and 20" stormer rims
    2.) Both lower control arms and bushings
    3.) Upper bushings
    4.) Front dynamic sway bar and bushings
    5.) Dynamic electronic valve block
    6.) Steering gear
    7.) Outer and inner tie rods
    8.) Both front Axles
    9.) Both front hubs and bearings
    10.) Both front rotors and pads

Can't wait to drive to NYC on Monday, and back.... it's going to be soooo much fun.... I'm thinking about taking the Audi S5 so I don't have to be annoyed all day being vibrated.

FRESHMAN ROVER

OK if it were me, I would ask them politely to escalate this and I would let them know that you are not leaving the building until this happens. Let them call the police if they have to physically move you out of the building. I would also call your local new station to let them know this is happening and get a camera down for action news reporting…...
    1994 Maroon Clasic (SWB) new (sold)
    1999 woodcote Disco New (sold)
    1996 black/tan 4.0 w/ 100,000 extended warranty approaching 150,000 miles
    blew motor 158,000 miles now it has a new 4.6

Quote Originally Posted by Mark_CT
    I would also call your local new station to let them know this is happening and get a camera down for action news reporting…...

Before or after you hurl used spark plugs at the dealership windows?

'08 RRS HSE Stornoway Gray

Space isn't remote at all. It's only an hour's drive away if your car could go straight upwards.

RoverfreakNH, this TSB just popped up on the GTR. Not sure if it applies to your situation and what the difference between M12 and M14 steering gear and ball joints is (I assume an improved version of both?), but the bulletin is so new it may be worth mentioning to your SA, since they have apparently tried just about everything else with no success... See enclosed, good luck and keep us posted.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Banned

Thanks!!!!!

I'm heading there again tomorrow, I'll print this out and had it to the boneheads...... regional rep is going to look at it again, with some engineer they are dragging up from Mauwa, NJ from the Jag/LR NA HQ.

I might have a martini at lunch before i go see these boneheads....might make me less likely to rip their heads off lol

Banned

an update.......

NOW..

1.) Front upper and lower ball joints
    2.) Tie rod ends
    3.) Rack and pin steering box/assmbly
    4.) Motor mounts
    5.) Front sub frame bushings

annnnnndd STILL f#@@#[email protected]#@# VIBRATING!!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now