Good news (was: Bad news) on the 2010 RRS - Page 3
  1. Welcome to RangeRovers.net – General discussion forum for Range Rovers

Welcome to RangeRovers.net - a website dedicated to all things Range Rovers.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join RangeRovers.net today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: Good news (was: Bad news) on the 2010 RRS

Re: Good news (was: Bad news) on the 2010 RRS

Thanks Umbertob and Michael for the links/info...looks like a nice update indeed.
    2013 RR Sport HSE LUX
    Aintree Green/Almond/Nutmeg
    Front/Rear Lamp Guards, Front Bumper Cover, Body Side Molding, Roof Rails/Rack
    27K miles

2. Remove Advertisements
    Range Rovers Forum
    Advertisements

FRESHMAN ROVER

New Range Rover, Range Rover Sport and LR4 set new standards for performance and refinement

All-new 5.0-liter naturally aspirated LR-V8 for Range Rover, Range Rover Sport and LR4
    375 bhp and 375 lb.-ft. torque
    Conforms to stringent ULEV2 emissions regulations
    All-new 5.0-liter supercharged LR-V8 for Range Rover and Range Rover Sport
    510 bhp and 461 lb.-ft. torque
    Conforms to stringent ULEV2 emissions regulations
    Striking exterior design changes and transformed interiors
    Enhanced Terrain Response(tm) system for unrivalled all-terrain performance

"The new 2010 Range Rover, Range Rover Sport and LR4 combine world beating performance and luxury thanks to a stunning new engine and transmission line up," states Phil Popham, managing director, Land Rover. "Inside, we've moved the game on too, with some innovative new technologies, such as the Range Rover's 12-inch virtual instrument display. All three vehicles continue to set the pace when it comes to power, efficiency and refinement."

New engines redefine performance and efficiency

Land Rover is introducing two new engines for the 2010 model, which are packed with innovative technical features enabling them to match supreme performance with extreme efficiency. Power and torque is considerably improved over the existing V8 gasoline engines. For example, as fitted to the Range Rover, the new 5.0-liter supercharged engine produces 29 percent more power and 12 percent more torque than the outgoing 4.2-liter supercharged engine, yet fuel consumption is not increased. The naturally aspirated engine is just as impressive. Compared to the 4.4-liter V8 fitted to a U.S. specification Range Rover Sport the 5.0-liter V8 produces 25 percent more power and 19 percent more torque, again with no increase in fuel consumption.

The performance of the all-new 5.0-liter naturally aspirated LR-V8 is now a virtual-match for the outgoing 4.2-liter supercharged engine. The new naturally aspirated Range Rover completes the 0-60 mph sprint in 7.2 seconds (just 0.1 seconds off the pace of the outgoing supercharged unit). For those who want the ultimate performance Range Rover, there is now the all-new LR-V8 5.0-liter Supercharged, which is propelled from rest to 60 mph in an impressive 5.9 seconds.

World class transmissions offer greater refinement and efficiency

All vehicles are fitted with the super-smooth ZF HP28 6-speed automatic transmission, tuned by Land Rover engineers to combine class-leading response with rapid, refined shifting. The outstanding low-end torque characteristics of the new engines have made it possible to actuate the transmission's lock-up clutches earlier in each gear, reducing slip through the hydraulic torque converter to improve efficiency.

Every detail of the highly advanced new V8 engines has been designed to return maximum efficiency. The V8s' new high pressure, spray guided direct fuel injection system optimizes combustion while the new variable camshaft timing system, camshaft profile switching and variable inlet manifold of the naturally aspirated engine all interact to ensure the engine is optimized for fuel efficiency throughout the range.

The supercharged engine is also fitted with the new variable camshaft timing system as well as a sixth generation, twin-vortex supercharger whose high-helix rotor design improves its thermodynamic efficiency by 16 percent. Faster warm-up thanks to a new, reverse flow cooling system further optimizes fuel efficiency as do the low friction design features on both engines. Idle speed has also been reduced from 700 to 600rpm without compromising refinement.

Vehicle dynamics moves up a notch - on- and off-road

On road dynamics are transformed across all three vehicles. LR4 has a revised suspension system that, along with new brakes and the introduction of variable ratio steering, enhances both ride comfort and agility.

A Land Rover unique new Adaptive Dynamics system for the Range Rover and Range Rover Sport uses model-based predictive technology to continually optimize the settings of DampTronic Valve Technology(tm) damper units, improving body ride and control.

Trailer Stability Assist, an effective new feature available on all three vehicles, is a towing aid which detects trailer oscillations and intervenes using the brakes and by reducing engine torque.

The award winning Terrain Response(tm) system is subject to a whole series of improvements, including enhanced capabilities when tackling challenging terrain like sand or large rocks. For soft sand - one of the most power-hungry surfaces - 'sand launch control' has now been introduced, which makes for noticeably easier drive-away. New, speed-dependent wheel-slip targets for the traction control system permit only very limited initial wheel-slip, helping to prevent the wheels digging down into the sand. Further revisions to the rock crawl program improve brake and traction control response times, helping to reduce the wheels rolling in an unintended direction when traversing boulders, and giving a more composed drive through rocky terrain.

Land Rover's much-acclaimed Hill Descent Control system is enhanced on the latest Range Rover with the addition of Gradient Release Control. This inhibits the initial rate of acceleration for descending very steep inclines, to increase control when braking is released at extreme angles.

Design/interiors

Subtle but striking exterior changes characterize the new 2010 model year Land Rovers. Smooth, sculpted, frontal surfaces with revised bumpers incorporating anti-drag lips, create a more distinctive look while improving aerodynamics. Grilles are restyled too, and headlights include both LED running light technology and High Beam Assist, which switches on the lights when ambient light levels are low and dips headlights automatically when oncoming traffic is detected. New 19 and optional 20-inch wheels are available for the Land Rover LR4.

Styling revisions extend to the interiors as well, with new front and second row seats for LR4 and Range Rover Sport together with new interior finishes. These are softer and incorporate more fine detailing in the Land Rover LR4 while the Range Rover Sport is finished with stylish wood trim with greater use of leather on major surfaces. Both vehicles are now also fitted with 5-inch TFT screens in the instrument cluster displaying key information, a new Portable Audio Interface with MP3 player and i-Pod connectivity and other available features include a five-camera surround system for ease of parking and low speed maneuvering.

The Range Rover exterior has also undergone subtle revisions to its iconic design, including new LED lights and a deeper grille, which help give the vehicle a cleaner and more formal front end. External changes also include redesigned 3-section fender vents, LED rear light clusters and fog lights that have been relocated to the lower front bumper. Inside, there are satin chrome plated buttons, available European leather trim for headlining and door casings, all picked out by the Range Rover's upgraded waterfall interior lighting.

Significant new interior technologies have been introduced, including a 12-inch TFT screen replacing traditional instruments and a 360-degree surround camera system.

FRESHMAN ROVER

Wow, looks amazing! I know it's probably a little early, but does anyone have the inside scoop on pricing? I'm sure it's more, but how much more?

Thanks for all the pics.
    08 RRS HSE, Chawton White, 20'' Stormers

5. Remove Advertisements
    Range Rovers Forum
    Advertisements

http://www.roverhaul.com/galleries/2010 ... r_Sport_31

Looks like they got the volume on the "right" side.

I need that interior. The exterior, no.

'07 RRS
    '03 325i
    '94 GSX

FRESHMAN ROVER

i agree i want the inside but ill take 2006-2009 outside i dont like the front end at all
    2006 Range Rover HSE

Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3LR3Zs9Ce8I - Never mind the front end, they gotta do something about that bird!

Safe to say that my dealer was wrong! Love the new design. I think I am trading mine in. Anyone else?
    Current stable:
    '12 MP4-12C - never letting her go!
    2016 Range Rover (Fuji white, black roof)
    2016 Porsche Panamera 4

Past cars
    Endless Porsche 911s, Ferraris etc....

I am anxiously awaiting some pricing info before I line up at the dealer... That part may not be such good news.

Definitely liking the new RRS much better than the old (interior and exterior); materials and design just look more upmarket and more in-line with the price.

Quote Originally Posted by umbertob
    they gotta do something about that bird!
    That's the only thing that kept me awake during that!

'07 RRS
    '03 325i
    '94 GSX

Leo
    FRESHMAN ROVER

In the video posted above, is that underbody protection from the factory (under the front bumper), or silver coloured plastic?

TripleE - did you watch the whole thing? the bit after 4min is ok.

The wheels look easier to clean

No mention of the Tandoor oven option???

I always hold off buying the new iteration of a vehicle. I think you stand a better chance of trouble free ownership if you purchase one farther into the model cycle.

'08 RRS HSE Stornoway Gray

Space isn't remote at all. It's only an hour's drive away if your car could go straight upwards.

Quote Originally Posted by Leo
    TripleE - did you watch the whole thing? the bit after 4min is ok.
    Yes, that's when I started yawning actually...really.

'07 RRS
    '03 325i
    '94 GSX

One bad thing about these new gee-whiz, 15K-mile service interval engines (assuming it's the same exact block found in the new Jaguars): No oil dipstick or drain plug. To check the oil level you rely on an electronic meter in the instrument cluster, hopefully it works... And forget about changing your own oil - dealer needs to suction the old one from up above, probably using a proprietary machine that you and your local lube shop don't have or can't afford. Yet another way to make our network of honest, dependable and efficient authorized dealers more indispensable in our lives, during and after warranty.

FRESHMAN ROVER

all this tech can u imagine the problems that will happen ill stick with 2009 leftover
    2006 Range Rover HSE

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now