Range Rovers Forum banner

I have Cooper Zeon LTZ's on my Rover

Who rolls on Cooper Zeon LTZ's?

65K views 115 replies 28 participants last post by  aLeX_aV 
#1 ·
Looking to see how big of an impact these AT's have made on the Land Rover market. Would love to get your count!

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Hey Adam, I like them so much I'm getting my second set of 18" Coopers next Monday! They lasted just under 40K miles, still quite a bit of usable tread but they are starting to look like street tires. :D Buying them from a local tire shop this time, Discount Tire is charging a lot more now than they used to when they had them on an exclusive basis. I briefly considered some of the new alternatives in that size (General AT2, BFG TA/KO 265/65/18) but you know what they say, if it ain't broke...

#3 ·
can i clarify my vote? i'm currently on nittos and got 'em before the LTZs came out, but my spare is a cooper :D and i do plan on coopers all around when it comes time to get new rubber. so count me!

#4 ·
phil. said:
can i clarify my vote? i'm currently on nittos and got 'em before the LTZs came out, but my spare is a cooper :D and i do plan on coopers all around when it comes time to get new rubber. so count me!
Traitor! I'm running Nitto's forever - or at least until I hit 130K! Just got close to 45K on my current set and still maybe 10k left, and now a new extended set courtesy of Boaz!

#7 ·
I'm buying some soon, does that count?

umbertob said:
Discount Tire is charging a lot more now than they used to when they had them on an exclusive basis.
I can't ever get them to pop up on Discount Tire's site - even using Ventura County...what gives?

I've only been able to find them here online...
https://www.tiresavings.com/tireShop.ph ... on=Regular
Shipping for me brings it to $191 per tire...

umbertob said:
Off Roving said:
Wow, that's hard core rock crawling, looks like your LR3 did incredibly well. For once though, I am kind of glad I didn't join you. :D Any serious damage to the vehicles? I see quite a bit of carnage here and there... Thanks for sharing, great video!
I think that's the first LR3/Sport vid that I've seen and said "no thanks". :wink:

#8 ·
TripleE said:
I've only been able to find them here online...
https://www.tiresavings.com/tireShop.ph ... on=Regular
Shipping for me brings it to $191 per tire...
Discount Tire can still get the Zeons, but you need to call their local store to order them, they have disappeared from their online store. My local tire shop can get them for $145/each delivered and installed, so I am going that route (was quoted $190 by Discount Tire, I paid $120 each for the first set I got from them.)

PS: This place is cheaper if you are looking at online vendors: http://www.tireeasy.com/

#10 ·
Ok...I'll vote twice for 2 friends with RRS's in the HLRC who are now running on Cooper's as well thanks to the peer pressure of the group!

:D

#18 ·
Drevs said:
Looks like LTZ's might be a limited edition item, according to a Moody's today. Maybe the Goose can shed some light?
Fyi Drevs it looks like Bernie is going to the slammer. It appears this company will now be taking care of all of his future dental needs.

http://www.asgr.com/

Now re: Cooper. Its never a good sign when a company files to issue more stock when its shares are at an all time low.

Plusses for Coop...
1. It's not dependent on OEM business, therefore the ever sinking projections for new car sales in 2009 have less of an impact on it than say...the company with the winged foot emblem.
2. They should get a bit of a raw material cost tailwind throughout 2009 from lower commodity prices vs 2008.
3. The latest Mannheim report on used car sales, http://www.manheimconsulting.com/Used_Vehicle_Value_Index/Current_Monthly_Index.html (sorry there's no breakout on RRS here), is showing some volume recovery
4. The members on this website unanimously like the LTZ.

Minuses...
1. The balance sheet at Coop is deteriorating fairly quickly hence the capital raise.
2. They can't cut costs fast enough to catch sales decline
3. People are driving less http://www.fhwa.dot.gov/pressroom/fhwa0906.htm
4. Only 3 people on this website actually roll on LTZ's. When I punch that up on my HP 10B financial calculator I come up with 12 tires being sold.

So really what needs to happen here people, is more of you need to roll on LTZ's. Ditch the 22's and 24's, get some 18's and call up Cooper and order your LTZ's. Tell 'em Drevs sent you.

#19 ·
Wow, killer analysis! Awesome.

This poll is misleading actually. The stats I've collected over the last 2 years since I started rolling on them show about 46 people bought tires because of this and other forum posts regarding the tires. I think they just aren't seeing the poll and voting or have stopped visiting this forum.

You're right though, ditch the 22"!

#23 ·
We may need to change this poll to "how many LTZ tires did you buy?"... because all this math is makin' my freakin' head explode. (Umberto, I really need a head exploding smilie to select from here---I don't see one).

Not to be the the bearer of bad tidings but our tires may be a minor issue...

MUMBAI, Feb 16, 2009 (Hindustan Times - McClatchy-Tribune Information Services via COMTEX) -- Ratan Naval Tata's cup of woes are overflowing. Even as the 71-year-old chairman of the Tata group battles to keep the operations of its troubled acquired companies -- UK-based steel maker Corus and premium car brands Jaguar-Land Rover (JLR), he had to suffer an embarrassment of sorts when Tata Motors admitted to problems in making payments to suppliers.

More financial stress possibly awaits the Tata group's two of the flagships -- Tata Motors and Tata Steel -- as falling volumes as well as prices could shrink cash accruals over the short to medium term, further straining the financials of the two companies.

Both the companies are highly debt-heavy, particularly after the $13.7 billion acquisition of Corus and the $2.3 billion acquisition of JLR through raising of debt from banks.

In an unprecedent act, Tata Motors called upon all to "rally around in this time of crisis" after admitting to a liquidity crisis -- a sea change from a cash chest of Rs 2,400 crore less than a year ago.

Credit downgrades could make make loans costlier to service and more difficult to get.

CRISIL, the Indian subsidiary of Standard & Poor's, has downgraded Tata Motors to "A" from "AA", which means the risk weight for the loans availed by the truck and car maker has doubled to 100 per cent. That puts pressure on bankers in lending to the firm.

"Failure to repay on the due date is considered as a default by rating agencies, even if there is a delay of just one day. A downgrade means banks have to provide for more capital for the same amount of loan," said DR Dogra, deputy managing director of Credit Analysis & Research Ltd, a rating agency majority owned by IDBI Bank.

#25 ·
Jeffrey said:
When did BFG come out with AT KO's in 265/65/18? And I even see on their list some 285/65-R18, pretty close to the NTG's I use. I don't think I had those BFG choices when I needed offroad tires.
Yeah, I think BFG came out with the 265/65/18 TA/KOs fairly recently - like a year ago or so - the overall circumference is just a smidgen larger than the 285/60s, so if they rub it won't be much more than the Nittos (yours must be pretty worn by now, so they probably don't rub anymore... :D ), under full compression or full steering lock - that's when my Coopers rub a little bit, anyway. The BFGs cost a lot more than the competition, but they have quite a reputation. 285/65 would be pushing it IMHO. Adam tested a set of Cooper Discoverer STT sized 275/65/18 a while back and reported too much rubbing already. With that much sidewall and width you may also come dangerously close to those upper control arms inside the front wheel wells.

I am very happy with the Coopers, though.

#26 ·
gooseyloosey said:
Only 3 people on this website actually roll on LTZ's. When I punch that up on my HP 10B financial calculator I come up with 12 tires being sold.
Hey Goose...you missed the fine print...apparently I can't vote twice for my two friends who bought Coopers for their RRS's...so that's 9 more tires actually, since one chose to keep his cheapo 19 inch spare...

My only concern hearing from you guys is that the Coopers wear out faster than the Nittos...so $ / mile may end up being the same since the Coopers are cheaper than the Nittos.

So....can we see a cashflow please for Nitto please - chop chop!

:D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.