Who rolls on Cooper Zeon LTZ's? - Page 2
  1. Welcome to RangeRovers.net – General discussion forum for Range Rovers

Welcome to RangeRovers.net - a website dedicated to all things Range Rovers.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join RangeRovers.net today!

View Poll Results: I have Cooper Zeon LTZ's on my Rover

Voters
46. You may not vote on this poll
  • NO

23 50.00%
  • YES

23 50.00%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Who rolls on Cooper Zeon LTZ's?

FRESHMAN ROVER

Re: Who rolls on Cooper Zeon LTZ's?

Quote Originally Posted by PJPR01
    Warm up the RRS Bob...we're coming to Sedona again in April...you're trail leader this time!

Hold Me. I'm scared!
    RRS

2. Remove Advertisements
    Range Rovers Forum
    Advertisements

Premium Member

Looks like LTZ's might be a limited edition item, according to a Moody's today. Maybe the Goose can shed some light?

Quote Originally Posted by Drevs
    Looks like LTZ's might be a limited edition item, according to a Moody's today. Maybe the Goose can shed some light?
    Fyi Drevs it looks like Bernie is going to the slammer. It appears this company will now be taking care of all of his future dental needs.

http://www.asgr.com/

Now re: Cooper. Its never a good sign when a company files to issue more stock when its shares are at an all time low.

Plusses for Coop...
    1. It's not dependent on OEM business, therefore the ever sinking projections for new car sales in 2009 have less of an impact on it than say...the company with the winged foot emblem.
    2. They should get a bit of a raw material cost tailwind throughout 2009 from lower commodity prices vs 2008.
    3. The latest Mannheim report on used car sales, http://www.manheimconsulting.com/Use...hly_Index.html (sorry there's no breakout on RRS here), is showing some volume recovery
    4. The members on this website unanimously like the LTZ.

Minuses...
    1. The balance sheet at Coop is deteriorating fairly quickly hence the capital raise.
    2. They can't cut costs fast enough to catch sales decline
    3. People are driving less http://www.fhwa.dot.gov/pressroom/fhwa0906.htm
    4. Only 3 people on this website actually roll on LTZ's. When I punch that up on my HP 10B financial calculator I come up with 12 tires being sold.

So really what needs to happen here people, is more of you need to roll on LTZ's. Ditch the 22's and 24's, get some 18's and call up Cooper and order your LTZ's. Tell 'em Drevs sent you.

'08 RRS HSE Stornoway Gray

Space isn't remote at all. It's only an hour's drive away if your car could go straight upwards.

5. Remove Advertisements
    Range Rovers Forum
    Advertisements

FRESHMAN ROVER

Wow, killer analysis! Awesome.

This poll is misleading actually. The stats I've collected over the last 2 years since I started rolling on them show about 46 people bought tires because of this and other forum posts regarding the tires. I think they just aren't seeing the poll and voting or have stopped visiting this forum.

You're right though, ditch the 22"!
    -spiker
    there's room enough for all of us

Premium Member

So is Cooper a BUY, SELL or HOLD???
    3x4=12. Wow, mad skills. No wonder hedge funds return 12% regardless of market conditions.

FRESHMAN ROVER

i bought a set of LTZs last december . so add another 4 tires to that list! :P
    i hope they stay on the market though.
    perhaps we should all do a group buy and stock up on an extra set.
    06 cls55
    07 range rover sport s/c

Don't forget the variable (spare wheel), some of us may have bought 5! Could make all the difference in their P&L.

We may need to change this poll to "how many LTZ tires did you buy?"... because all this math is makin' my freakin' head explode. (Umberto, I really need a head exploding smilie to select from here---I don't see one).

Not to be the the bearer of bad tidings but our tires may be a minor issue...

MUMBAI, Feb 16, 2009 (Hindustan Times - McClatchy-Tribune Information Services via COMTEX) -- Ratan Naval Tata's cup of woes are overflowing. Even as the 71-year-old chairman of the Tata group battles to keep the operations of its troubled acquired companies -- UK-based steel maker Corus and premium car brands Jaguar-Land Rover (JLR), he had to suffer an embarrassment of sorts when Tata Motors admitted to problems in making payments to suppliers.

More financial stress possibly awaits the Tata group's two of the flagships -- Tata Motors and Tata Steel -- as falling volumes as well as prices could shrink cash accruals over the short to medium term, further straining the financials of the two companies.

Both the companies are highly debt-heavy, particularly after the $13.7 billion acquisition of Corus and the $2.3 billion acquisition of JLR through raising of debt from banks.

In an unprecedent act, Tata Motors called upon all to "rally around in this time of crisis" after admitting to a liquidity crisis -- a sea change from a cash chest of Rs 2,400 crore less than a year ago.

Credit downgrades could make make loans costlier to service and more difficult to get.

CRISIL, the Indian subsidiary of Standard & Poor's, has downgraded Tata Motors to "A" from "AA", which means the risk weight for the loans availed by the truck and car maker has doubled to 100 per cent. That puts pressure on bankers in lending to the firm.

"Failure to repay on the due date is considered as a default by rating agencies, even if there is a delay of just one day. A downgrade means banks have to provide for more capital for the same amount of loan," said DR Dogra, deputy managing director of Credit Analysis & Research Ltd, a rating agency majority owned by IDBI Bank.

Space isn't remote at all. It's only an hour's drive away if your car could go straight upwards.

SOPHOMORE ROVER

When did BFG come out with AT KO's in 265/65/18? And I even see on their list some 285/65-R18, pretty close to the NTG's I use. I don't think I had those BFG choices when I needed offroad tires.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffrey
    When did BFG come out with AT KO's in 265/65/18? And I even see on their list some 285/65-R18, pretty close to the NTG's I use. I don't think I had those BFG choices when I needed offroad tires.
    Yeah, I think BFG came out with the 265/65/18 TA/KOs fairly recently - like a year ago or so - the overall circumference is just a smidgen larger than the 285/60s, so if they rub it won't be much more than the Nittos (yours must be pretty worn by now, so they probably don't rub anymore... ), under full compression or full steering lock - that's when my Coopers rub a little bit, anyway. The BFGs cost a lot more than the competition, but they have quite a reputation. 285/65 would be pushing it IMHO. Adam tested a set of Cooper Discoverer STT sized 275/65/18 a while back and reported too much rubbing already. With that much sidewall and width you may also come dangerously close to those upper control arms inside the front wheel wells.

I am very happy with the Coopers, though.

FORUM MODERATOR

Quote Originally Posted by gooseyloosey
    Only 3 people on this website actually roll on LTZ's. When I punch that up on my HP 10B financial calculator I come up with 12 tires being sold.
    Hey Goose...you missed the fine print...apparently I can't vote twice for my two friends who bought Coopers for their RRS's...so that's 9 more tires actually, since one chose to keep his cheapo 19 inch spare...

My only concern hearing from you guys is that the Coopers wear out faster than the Nittos...so $ / mile may end up being the same since the Coopers are cheaper than the Nittos.

So....can we see a cashflow please for Nitto please - chop chop!

PJPR
    13 Orkney Grey RRS HSE Lux
    06 Cairns Blue RRS HSE (200K...sold to a friend)

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by gooseyloosey
    Not to be the the bearer of bad tidings but our tires may be a minor issue...

Leo
    FRESHMAN ROVER

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffrey
    When did BFG come out with AT KO's in 265/65/18? And I even see on their list some 285/65-R18, pretty close to the NTG's I use......
    People who have used both claim that the Nitto is better than the BFG - there's a whole thread about this on the landcruiser website ih8mud.com

FRESHMAN ROVER

If I drove an Accord I'd be concerned with how fast a tire wears out/longevity. Since my primary concern for the tires for my LR is traction, getting me and keeping me going through all terrains so I'm not pulled out by a fellow brand, then my primary concern forces me to choose a sticky tire. That's what the Coopers have on the Nitto's. Adhesion. My Nitto's are a much more dry compound than the Coopers, they're actually cracking like dry skin.
    -spiker
    there's room enough for all of us

Quote Originally Posted by Off Roving
    If I drove an Accord I'd be concerned with how fast a tire wears out/longevity
    or maybe not,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oLcNm...eature=related

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now