Buzzing noise in the passenger side dash/door
  1. Welcome to RangeRovers.net – General discussion forum for Range Rovers

Welcome to RangeRovers.net - a website dedicated to all things Range Rovers.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join RangeRovers.net today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Buzzing noise in the passenger side dash/door

FRESHMAN ROVER

Buzzing noise in the passenger side dash/door

hello all,

Has anyone experienced annoying buzzing noise in the passenger side dash or the door area? I've read about the speaker rattle and that's what the dealer thought I had and replaced the tweeter assembly. I guess they thought I was getting some audible feedback when I specifically said it's more of "mechanical" buzzing. I am planning to take it back to the dealer but I wanted to see if others had similar issues. I would hate for the dealer to tear into the dash etc and perhaps make the problem worse. The buzzing occurs all the time and worse if roads are bumpy.

Thank you!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Range Rovers Forum
    Advertisements

FRESHMAN ROVER

Re: Buzzing noise in the passenger side dash/door

The dealer securely reattached the wood trim pieces on all four doors and the buzzing disappeared. My buzzing was caused while playing the radio, sometimes loud and sometimes not so loud.

I still get an occasional buzz while using the bluetooth however.

kerry.
    Kerry

2017 Jaguar F Pace S Ammonite Grey

FRESHMAN ROVER

Kerry - thanks for the reply. My noise is there when the radio is NOT on and only when driving. It's definitely caused by movment/resonance from the car as opposed to electronic feedback.

5. Remove Advertisements
    Range Rovers Forum
    Advertisements

FORUM MODERATOR

This may sound like a flippant answer, but it's true. Many of us have simply taken the full leather bound manual and fit it snugly into the passenger door pocket, thereby eliminating the buzzing sound.

PJPR
    13 Orkney Grey RRS HSE Lux
    06 Cairns Blue RRS HSE (200K...sold to a friend)

FRESHMAN ROVER

I would walk around to the wood on each door panel and start "pounding" on them and see if they seem loose. If I remember correctly, the wood has a plastic tab that attaches to a plastic part on the inner door panel. I kept looking in my door pockets, through the glovebox and pounding on the RSE controls at the top of rear doors to try find out where the buzz was coming from. I thought the noises were coming from the dash and the headliner area above the driver's side B pillar.

The wood on the door panels were the culprit. Squeaks and rattles are very frustrating. The noise never comes from where you think it is coming from.

Good luck.
    Kerry

2017 Jaguar F Pace S Ammonite Grey

FRESHMAN ROVER

Kerry - will def have them check out the wood pieces. They do in fact feel loose. Thank you!

FRESHMAN ROVER

Well, I tried Kerry's "pounding" the door approach and I think we may have found the source of the buzzing. There is definitely something loose in the door that I can't hear in any of the other doors. Thanks again for the advice. It was crude but did the job Now, let's see if the dealer can address it.

FRESHMAN ROVER

Quick update:

Dealer replaced the tweeter and the passenger side door panel but to no avail. The creaking noise by the pillar is still there. I am almost embarassed to take it back to the dealer over pretty minor issue. Anyone else with similar buzzing noise? I am wondering if it's caused by the tweeter mount (plastic housing).

Thanks

this may be a very stupid question, but do you have abything in the side door compatment that would rattle, i.e. a pen... something small?

FRESHMAN ROVER

Quote Originally Posted by Murdered Out
    this may be a very stupid question, but do you have abything in the side door compatment that would rattle, i.e. a pen... something small?
    Good question - i checked and there is absolutely nothing in the compartment. Now my wife is compalining that the noise happens when she is using the bluetooth I know there has been several other complaints about creaks and squeaks and wasn't sure if you guys were able to get them addressed.

Interestingly, I also had the rattling noise. It turned out to be the front dash glovebox where the manual is. It has two rubber stoppers that sit between the glovebox and the front dash that seem to be too small. The glovebox bangs back and fourth when you hit a bump. This creates the noise. All you have to do is pull the rubber stoppers out a bit to absorb the glovebox hitting the front dash. Hope that makes sense…
    Current stable:
    '12 MP4-12C - never letting her go!
    2016 Range Rover (Fuji white, black roof)
    2016 Porsche Panamera 4

Past cars
    Endless Porsche 911s, Ferraris etc....

FRESHMAN ROVER

Quote Originally Posted by spourreza
    Interestingly, I also had the rattling noise. It turned out to be the front dash glovebox where the manual is. It has two rubber stoppers that sit between the glovebox and the front dash that seem to be too small. The glovebox bangs back and fourth when you hit a bump. This creates the noise. All you have to do is pull the rubber stoppers out a bit to absorb the glovebox hitting the front dash. Hope that makes sense…
    Interesting... I will check it out tomorrow. This is the bigger glovebox where the fuse box is right?

The noise I am hearing is more of a buzzing noise as opposed to a rattle. I can swear it's coming from the A pillar where the tweeter is located.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now