Range Rovers Forum banner

VIP Modular VR03 are in! Sneak Peak

22K views 113 replies 24 participants last post by  Blackout 
G
#1 ·
Here's the sneak peak prior to the powder coat. Glad I decided to go with these instead of the DPE's.

they'll be ready next week, with flat black lips and super dupa glossy black centers

See less See more
#2 ·
Re: VIP Modular Twenty Foe's fa sho... hommie

well it's about time. even i was starting get a lil impatient. can't wait to see the finished product.

G
#6 ·
One question, I hear people (Umberto) saying you do not need two valve stems (TPMS & regular). How does this work? right now my "Supa Dupa Rub a Dub DUB's" (Poker,2008) have two; however,will I need two for my new rims or can the TPMS be utilized as the fill up valve as well?

#7 ·
What does the receptacle for the valve stem look like on the new rims (can't tell by those pics)? Is there a traditional hole for a standard valve, or is the valve a non-standard design, such as a valve that's flush with the rim or otherwise camouflaged for design purposes? If it's a traditional valve design, of course you don't need an extra hole drilled for the sensor. The TPMS sensors provided by LR on their OEM wheels ARE the air "fill" valves, with a wireless sensor / transmitter attached to the end of the valve that sits inside the rim... And they can be moved onto new rims in lieu of regular valves, as long as the assemblies can fit in the provided receptacle. Hope this is clear.

#11 ·
As long as they know what they're doing... The sensors inside the rim are delicate and can snap / break when the tires are taken off or mounted on the rim if they don't take special care in doing so.

Here is the "new hole" solution for custom rims with incompatible valves, it's off a Lexus forum but you get the idea: http://www.clublexus.com/forums/showthread.php?t=222128 I don't have TPMS on my early build RRS, but if I did my 21" Cargraphic rims would need the same modification.

#13 ·
Those rims are badass! Can't wait to see them on the ride.

As for the dual valve stems... I had the same problem last week, when I was mounting my 24s. That link above to the Club Lexus forum is exactly what I did. If the hole that is already drilled in the wheels will fit the sensor without it standing straight up, then you're all good. If not, another hole must be drilled.

G
#14 ·
Flatlined said:
Those rims are badass! Can't wait to see them on the ride.

As for the dual valve stems... I had the same problem last week, when I was mounting my 24s. That link above to the Club Lexus forum is exactly what I did. If the hole that is already drilled in the wheels will fit the sensor without it standing straight up, then you're all good. If not, another hole must be drilled.

What do you mean by "without it standing straight up"?

#15 ·
Well, I assume he means that if the body of the sensor is mounted at an odd angle and sticks out, rather than being fairly flush with the inner surface of the alloy, you may run the risk of crushing it between rim and rubber if you ever have a flat, especially considering the itsy-bitsy sidewall of the rubber bands you are going to install around those huge suckers. Once again, a good tire and wheel shop should have no problem figuring out whether they need to drill a new hole for your sensors, and at what angle if they do, once they see your rims. :wink:

#16 ·
umbertob said:
Well, I assume he means that if the body of the sensor is mounted at an odd angle and sticks out, rather than being fairly flush with the inner surface of the alloy, you may run the risk of crushing it between rim and rubber if you ever have a flat, especially considering the itsy-bitsy sidewall of the rubber bands you are going to install around those huge suckers. Once again, a good tire and wheel shop should have no problem figuring out whether they need to drill a new hole for your sensors, and at what angle if they do, once they see your rims. :wink:

That's exactly what I'm talking about. Mine were almost on the lip, so they drilled new holes on the backside.

G
#20 ·
got the new rotors on today, they look good. However, I have to send te front ones back again! they were too large, bastards. I'll upload pics sunday. My wheels should be finished wed or thur.

#25 ·
MO,

You might want to make sure that the tpms sensor fit in that hole. I too have that hole (in the center) in my DPEs and I have another drilled. Based on what I can see (of the tpms sensor and it's angle), it won't fit into that center drilled hole.

I just took a cell phone pic of what mine looks like. Hope it helps

Edwin

G
#26 ·
thanks, it has to wait till monday now :x they're freekin sick looking, beter than I thought. The flat black lips are deffinatley what sets these wheels off.

The place that was going to install them was not open today, bastards!

in order to appreciate these you have to like black and my theme that I have going on, otherwise you're hating them!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.