VIP Modular VR03 are in! Sneak Peak - Page 5
  1. Welcome to RangeRovers.net – General discussion forum for Range Rovers

Welcome to RangeRovers.net - a website dedicated to all things Range Rovers.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join RangeRovers.net today!

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: VIP Modular VR03 are in! Sneak Peak

SOPHOMORE ROVER

Re: VIP Modular VR03 are in! Sneak Peak

dirrttyy girrrlll

needs soap.

i'll have to admit it looks interesting. i'm wondering if flat back middle and polished black rim would look better?

then again when the car's polished up then i think the flat black will contrast more rather than blending in w/ the dirt.

black sure is the sexiest colour... but my car's outside 24/7 and i'd probably go insane with the number of times i'd have to clean it.
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

2. Remove Advertisements
    Range Rovers Forum
    Advertisements

I think the main thing is you cant see the entire picture... in the sunlight it looks mean. the glossy centers are so **** glossy and then the flat black allows you to see the depth of the wheel.

there is no way flat centers would look right, mine is just too glossy and clean (usually). They would have looked like spare tires in comparison to the rest. I do think chrome lips would have looked sweet too, but it is not the look I wanted. I wanted it blacked out, and the only way to do that without it looking a mess was to do the flat black lip for a bit of contrast. The good thing about it is its only paint. Hell if I get sick of it down the road I can just buy the outer wheel section which will save me thousands. But I dont think I'll need to do that. I wish you guys could see it in person. Since there is not a whole lot of contrast between colors, the photos look sloppy.

I'm taking it to the wash in a bit.

MO, I'll preface this by saying I'm not into the big wheel, skinny tire thing, but with those wheels, clean or not, the little brakes have to go---you have to upgrade to a big brake kit.
    What you have there reminds me of a mountain bike wheel, which is OK for a mountain bike but not the RRS.

Also, any particular reason you have vented/slotted rotors on the back and solid in the front?

'08 RRS HSE Stornoway Gray

Space isn't remote at all. It's only an hour's drive away if your car could go straight upwards.

5. Remove Advertisements
    Range Rovers Forum
    Advertisements

yeah I'm waiting on the correct size to come in. They sent the wrong one. I'm not to worried about the brakes, they do the job. However, if you're willing to sponsor me $8000 for some brakes I'll give you my mailing address! I just cant fathom my brakes costing more than my rims and tires together. I have a secret for you brake haters though, if you dont like my oem brakes. just wait a few weeks.

yea bro i gota wait till you post better pics... i think it does look better in person but as of right now im not too sure about the lips... maybe full glossy black would have looked better... the flat (from the pics) just contrasts too much with your otherwise fully glossy black ride... I was thinking doing matt black centers on mine when I got them refinished but after I had a pair of hre's mounted with a flat black center, I threw them off in a matter of minutes so good choice on not doing the centers matte black!

i gota see more pics...

all your posts make me want to switch up to 24s but the god **** roads around here suck! esp on my way to and from work, im dodging potholes every 20 feet...

Now that I have it cleaned up there is NO way that any other combination can top this color scheme, it's just not happening. They are way too sick in person, they complete the murdered out look for sure. I'll have to get some full body shots tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by gooseyloosey
    which is OK for a mountain bike but not the RRS.

Says who?

Here are a few other pics to get a beter idea of how they look. low resolution due to the lighting.

[img]http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c252/kol***e/VipModular023.jpg[/img]
    [img]http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c252/kol***e/VipModular012.jpg[/img]
    [img]http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c252/kol***e/VipModular014.jpg[/img]
    [img]http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c252/kol***e/VipModular018.jpg[/img]

FRESHMAN ROVER

When i first looked at these I was kind of on the fence but i like them more and more every time i look at the pics and im sure they look way sicker in real life
    2006 Range Rover Sport HSE

SOPHOMORE ROVER

retracted, rescinded, those truly look badass.

i've never seen it before. you're always expecting the chrome lip, but from far it just looks black and somethings up, but when u get close and realize its a flat black lip, its pretty much one of the sickest rims i've ever seen.

SOPHOMORE ROVER

and i'm normally not a fan of blacked out rims. they usually remind me of the black steelies that cop cruisers use.

FRESHMAN ROVER

Quote Originally Posted by Murdered Out

Here are a few other pics to get a beter idea of how they look. low resolution due to the lighting.

[img]http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c252/kol***e/VipModular023.jpg[/img]
    Low resolution or not, I think that these are by far the nicest aftermarket rims that I have seen on a sport. I'v always maintained that 24" rims were too big for this car, and I think that your previous rims demonstrated that belief perfectly. But these are just fantastic. Good call on the glossy center, flat black lip color combo.
    2011 Java RRS S/C
    2007 Java RRS S/C, Urban Assault Vehicle Package (Sold)

http://i294.photobucket.com/albums/m...DSC03104-1.jpg

Finnaly you guys can sort of see what I''m saying. These pics still do no justice, the powder coaters did a great job, and the glossy centers are a near perfect match to my paint, maybe more shiney.

I would recomend these wheels to anyone looking for an upgrade. Just contact WhiteM3E46, he'll hook you up. Another member just bought some the other day as well.

I agree about the LAPD cruisers, thats why I was very hesitant to do this. If I went with flat black centers and glossy lips it would have looked like an LAPD cruiser. Or even if they were all glossy, they would be a blob of black, with no dimension. The flat black is very dark, for some reason close up pics make it look lighter than it really is.

Another thing is that these wheels are only 8KG or 17.6 Lbs. Everyone who touched them couldnt belive a 24 could be weigh so little.

FRESHMAN ROVER

they look ****in sick bro
    cant believe they only weigh 17lbs too

that thing looks ****in mean

Quote Originally Posted by redline201
    they look Golly Gee Whiz sick bro
    cant believe they only weigh 17lbs too

that thing looks Golly Gee Whiz mean

Thanks, I was out today and forgot my camera! tomorrow I promise I'll have the sickest photos up. In the sun, and clean, it looks mean. I couldnt be happier with the overall look, it completes the exterior. I have a lowering module going in hopefully next week, then I have to put from front rotors on and lastly paint my calipers and a little somethin-somethin to top it off

FRESHMAN ROVER

you've probably said this already but i can't really tell, what tires are you using?

edit: now that i look closer they look like nitto invos if im not mistaken
    2006 Range Rover Sport HSE

Quote Originally Posted by FreddyThePanda
    you've probably said this already but i can't really tell, what tires are you using?

edit: now that i look closer they look like nitto invos if im not mistaken

correct, 275-30-24

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now