Range Rovers Forum banner

VIP Modular VR03 are in! Sneak Peak

22K views 113 replies 24 participants last post by  Blackout 
G
#1 ·
Here's the sneak peak prior to the powder coat. Glad I decided to go with these instead of the DPE's.

they'll be ready next week, with flat black lips and super dupa glossy black centers

See less See more
G
#33 ·
yeah, I like to go against the grain. Everyone has said the same thing about the flat black lips. Everyone goes with glossy black lips when doing the black out. However, that would look like too much black. And having flat black centers would be too much flat for my glossed out ride. I cant wait to put them on.

haha not so jaze jeff :hand:

#35 ·
Murdered Out said:
yeah, I like to go against the grain. Everyone has said the same thing about the flat black lips. Everyone goes with glossy black lips when doing the black out. However, that would look like too much black. And having flat black centers would be too much flat for my glossed out ride. I cant wait to put them on.

haha not so jaze jeff :hand:

Never thought I'd hear you say that....

G
#36 ·
love the wheels, not a fan of the flat black lips as of right now, I have to see what they are going to look like mounted, maybe it will work :think:

props for trying something original! :clap:

G
#38 ·
I'm going to put together my wheels to save time. When attaching the center to the rims its pretty much common sense right? nuts and bolts... do I need lock tite? in addition do they need to be a certain newton meter of tightness? just put all the nuts and bolt in and tighten them down and I'm done, right?

G
#39 ·
Murdered Out said:
I'm going to put together my wheels to save time. When attaching the center to the rims its pretty much common sense right? nuts and bolts... do I need lock tite? in addition do they need to be a certain newton meter of tightness? just put all the nuts and bolt in and tighten them down and I'm done, right?

from what i heard they need to be properly torqued (to a certain level).... definitely should call them if you can and find out how tight they should be...

G
#40 ·
yeah thats what I was thinking, newton meter is a measurment of torque. I have an adjustable torque wrench, I'll see if google turns anything up. I emailed them but it may be a while.

If anyone knows the amount of torque each nut needs let me know. (Nothing perverted from anyone either, Gushy or Umberto)

#41 ·
Murdered Out said:
yeah thats what I was thinking, newton meter is a measurment of torque. I have an adjustable torque wrench, I'll see if google turns anything up. I emailed them but it may be a while.

If anyone knows the amount of torque each nut needs let me know. (Nothing perverted from anyone either, Gushy or Umberto)
I torque mine to between 100 -110 lbs.

Edwin

G
#42 ·
M32 said:
Murdered Out said:

Edwin
Thanks Edwin! you're an up and comming Uberto, maybe you'll take the reins when he retires next month. haha j/k UMberto

#43 ·
Murdered Out said:
M32 said:
[quote="Murdered Out":gi6dsiik]yeah thats what I was thinking, newton meter is a measurment of torque. I have an adjustable torque wrench, I'll see if google turns anything up. I emailed them but it may be a while.

Edwin
Thanks Edwin! you're an up and comming Uberto, maybe you'll take the reins when he retires next month. haha j/k UMberto[/quote:gi6dsiik]

MO,

Haha... I am no where near Umberto-status. He's the man :thumb: Can't wait to see pics of the sport!

Edwin

G
#44 ·
I'am having NO luck finding someone to install these wheels since they are in two pieces! its so ridiculous, how difficult is it to turn some bolts? Everyone states that they dont want to b liable for damage... :evil: :evil: I have tried 3 of the 4 places that would be able to do such a thing. One last attempt tomorrow before I shlt a brick.

#45 ·
Murdered Out said:
I'am having NO luck finding someone to install these wheels since they are in two pieces! its so ridiculous, how difficult is it to turn some bolts? Everyone states that they dont want to b liable for damage... :evil: :evil: I have tried 3 of the 4 places that would be able to do such a thing. One last attempt tomorrow before I shlt a brick.
Whoa...Mo, when I gave you the torque specs, that was for the lug nuts. Sorry for misreading. I now understand what torque setting you're asking for on the bolts for the two peice rims. I don't konw about that...sorry man. There is a shop in houston that does this type of work. I'll ask them for you tomororw

Edwin

G
#46 ·
I was told 115 for the center piece attachment nuts. I was actually told a minute on the phone no one will assemble them for liability... looks like I have to do them. I just find it hard to belive no one ever takes their multi-piece rims in to be painted in sections. Fu*King tucson, I hate this shlt hole.

#47 ·
Murdered Out said:
I was told 115 for the center piece attachment nuts. I was actually told a minute on the phone no one will assemble them for liability... looks like I have to do them. I just find it hard to belive no one ever takes their multi-piece rims in to be painted in sections. Fu*King tucson, I hate this shlt hole.
MO,

If you want to ship it to the shop I use in Houston, they will do it. They do it all the time. Let me know man

Edwin

G
#49 ·
yeah already did, just trying to get them put together now...was hopping I wouldnt have to do it....

Edwin-

I'm not trying to pay shipping for those monster 24's. Thanks, but no thanks. I'm going to knock them out in my garage and then take them to be mounted. I have finals next week so it may be a while before I can do it now. Thats why
I'm pissed. I have been waiting all this time and now I have them teasing me in my garage... :evil:

G
#50 ·
today I installed three of the ceter pieces on the rims. What a pain in the @ss. It took me nearly 4 hours to do three wheels. Each rim has 42 nuts and bolts that needed to be installed and torqued to 30lbs each. Not only that but it was difficult to get most of the bolts through the holes because of the paint, which made the diameter of the bolts slightly larger and the holes smaller. I WILL have them put on tomorrow (wed) for sure. In addition the speaker box project is wrapping up, I will update that in a few.

Does anyone know where I can buy the inner rear plastic pillars?

#51 ·
For the future...

http://www.engineershandbook.com/Tables/torque.htm

If I'm stating the obvious, sorry. But, be sure you torque them down in a crosswise pattern and not at full torque the first go around---you don't want to warp the wheel. Use a different colored crayon to mark each one as you torque it in stages. I would use blue loctite on the threads as well.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.