Stop the Presses - MY06/07 Bluetooth Upgrade
  1. Welcome to RangeRovers.net – General discussion forum for Range Rovers

Welcome to RangeRovers.net - a website dedicated to all things Range Rovers.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join RangeRovers.net today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: Stop the Presses - MY06/07 Bluetooth Upgrade

Stop the Presses - MY06/07 Bluetooth Upgrade

TSB # LTB00095 released by LRNA on April 14, 2008.

Phonebook Over Bluetooth - Added Feature

AFFECTED VEHICLE RANGE:
    LR3 (LA) VIN: 6A342881 - 8A475081 Model Year: 2006 - 2008
    Range Rover (LM) VIN: 6A194480 - 6A271551 Model Year: 2006 - 2008
    Range Rover Sport (LS) VIN: 6A900129 - 7A999999 and 7A100001 - 8A165143 Model Year: 2006 - 2008

CONDITION SUMMARY:
    Situation: A customer whose vehicle is fitted with the Land Rover integrated phone system may request that they be able to access their cellular telephone's phonebook over the Bluetooth feature. This new feature will enable a customer using a Land Rover-approved Bluetooth telephone to display the phone's phonebook and call history on the vehicle display. The phonebook contacts can also be dialed using the vehicle interface.
    NOTE: This procedure is at the request and expense of the customer. It is not to be processed as a Warranty claim.
    Action: Should a customer request this feature be added, follow the Installation Procedure outlined below to reconfigure the Cellular Telephone Control Module.

PARTS:
    No parts necessary

TOOLS:
    Latest IDS DVD; software first released on DVD 111 Patch File 6 Midtronics PSC-550 Vehicle Power Supply

WARRANTY:
    NOTE: This procedure is at the request and expense of the customer. It is not to be processed as a Warranty claim. The installation time is approximately 1.0 hours.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Range Rovers Forum
    Advertisements

SOPHOMORE ROVER

Re: Stop the Presses - Bluetooth Upgrade is Here

how much is this upgrade? I assume it is just software/firmware update.

Re: Stop the Presses - Bluetooth Upgrade is Here

The bulletin says about 1 hour of labor (which is consistent with what I read from across the pond), so it all depends on what your local dealer charges for labor... Around here it's $125+/hr.

5. Remove Advertisements
    Range Rovers Forum
    Advertisements

Re: Stop the Presses - MY06/07 Bluetooth Upgrade

Is the iPhone a LR approved phone?

Depends on your RRS VIN and iPhone software version, check the link at the bottom of this page to pull up various handsets' compatibility with our BT system: http://www.landroverusa.com/us/en/Owner ... etooth.htm

FORUM MODERATOR

Great news Umberto!
    PJPR
    13 Orkney Grey RRS HSE Lux
    06 Cairns Blue RRS HSE (200K...sold to a friend)

JUNIOR ROVER

Doesn't look like there's much difference with the Palm Treo features that I already have working. Still says partial compatibility and that the address book won't upload. Too bad beacuse the BT in the LR2 was fun.

Have all the new LRs model lines now out (FY'0 have that new Motorola BT system in them that is in the LR2?

AFAIK, all 08 models except the LR2 are still fitted with Nokia modules like those on our 06s, with slightly modified software to allow for phonebook download.

JUNIOR ROVER

Why would they not change all of them over for the better BT system?

I think it would be expensive for LR to design a new BT module around the tightly integrated "legacy" MOST infotainment system installed in RRS, LR3 and 05+ FFRR. The LR2 is newer technology with a different infotainment system (navigation and sound included), so they benefit from a more up-to-date interface, including Bluetooth... I read that MY09 RRS may get a more advanced BT system, but I wouldn't bet on something much more user friendly than what we have presently until MY2010, when the new Jaguar-like infotainment system we have seen in spy pictures recently will probably make its debut in LR's cars, and will surely include far better BT integration (and hopefully real iPod integration and a few other gizmos we lack in our cars today. )

FRESHMAN ROVER

So, do you guys think if I get the upgrade in my 06, it'll allow my Blackberry Pearl (8100) to transfer all of my contacts to my BT? Is there a limit on capacity (ie i've got my entire company in my bberry which is 1,000+)...
    LEE

2006 RRS Suprcharged / Java Black on Black

JUNIOR ROVER

I would check your phone's model and carrier using the weblink Umberto posted above.

I wouldn't mind seeing LR put a hard drive in the entertainment system either. So that you can transfer and store music directly from your MP3 player, etc without having to drag it along with your phone whenever you go out. For $60K, what's a few hundred dollars more for an installed 30 gig hard drive? It's definately going to be the wave of the future for all cars. BT is the hot thing right now. IMO I think Chrysler/Dodge is on to something with their "MY GIG" systems.

$127.50!!!

Seems a lot for a relatively minor upgrade
    2019 RRS SVR (balmoral blue)
    1997 Range Rover 4.0 SE
    2018 Discovery (Byron Blue)
    2015 Aston Martin V12 Vantage S (Silver)
    2003 Porsche 911 C4 Cabriolet (black)
    1991 Porsche 944 S2 cabriolet (white)
    1986 Alfa Romeo Spider Graduate (white)

Prior LRs: 2015 RRS ATB (santorini black), 2012 LR4 (Fuji white), 2011 RR SC (Santorini), 2008 RR HSE (Santorini) (RIP, along with 2005 Elise), 2006 RRS HSE (Giverny), 2002 RR HSE (Java), 2005 RR HSE (Java), 2005 LR3 (Zermatt), 2007 LR3 (chawton white)

FRESHMAN ROVER

Just to let you guys know...My wifes '07 is due for its 1 year maintenence next week so I asked her if she would like this upgrade. She said she already had it and uses it all the time. I checked it out myself and its true. Her phone book can be viewed on the radio display. Also, when somone calls thats in her phonebook, it flashed the name thats in her phone book on the screen. Her '07 must have been about a March/April '07 build because she got it end of April and it was a factory order. So those with '07's might want to check this out because you may already have the update.

Quote Originally Posted by lschor
    So, do you guys think if I get the upgrade in my 06, it'll allow my Blackberry Pearl (8100) to transfer all of my contacts to my BT? Is there a limit on capacity (ie i've got my entire company in my bberry which is 1,000+)...
    Although the user manual doesn't say, I think there is a phonebook transfer limit of about 200 entries according to posts I read on the UK forum.

BTW, the MY09 Owner's Handbook can now be browsed on the ownerinfo web site. Indeed, the Bluetooth system looks to be the same as in earlier model years. However, heated steering wheel is coming on 09s!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now