Stop the Presses - MY06/07 Bluetooth Upgrade - Page 4
  1. Welcome to RangeRovers.net – General discussion forum for Range Rovers

Welcome to RangeRovers.net - a website dedicated to all things Range Rovers.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join RangeRovers.net today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: Stop the Presses - MY06/07 Bluetooth Upgrade

FRESHMAN ROVER

Re: Stop the Presses - MY06/07 Bluetooth Upgrade

Today..I got the upgrade at Land Rover Orlando....BUT...my phone..TREO PALM 755 does not let the address book download..
    The service tech got his phone to work perfectly..
    The TREO 755 is on the approved list, but it wont work, I was wondering if anyone on here has a TREO 755 and it works
    perhaps its just a box I need to check...
    if not I am going to upgrade my phone, I have Sprint, and was thinking about the BLACK BERRY CURVE, does anyone have a suggestion on a phone???

thanks in advance
    2013 Range Rover Sport Supercharged
    black on black
    22' Stormers from my 06

Traded in 06 Range Rover Sport Supercharged
    black on black
    minus the Stormers

2. Remove Advertisements
    Range Rovers Forum
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by O-Town
    The TREO 755 is on the approved list, but it wont work, I was wondering if anyone on here has a TREO 755 and it works
    Where do you see it's approved? The only Treo 755 (755p for Sprint/Verizon) is "Not recommended" according to Land Rover's own Compatibility list:

http://www.landroverusa.com/us/en/_popu ... bility.htm

I have a BlackBerry Pearl from Verizon, and although I have yet to verify whether it works with LR's PTI after the phonebook download upgrade, it should. The Curve is basically the same phone, with a full keyboard and larger screen. As a phone and comm device, the BlackBerry is fantastic.

FORUM MODERATOR

Well...4th time didn't work, but they are going to consider whether the problem is actually in the PTI module - as per Phil's message. So, sometime later this week, may have to take it back in for them to authorize to purchase a PTI module (under my extended warranty), and then see if that works.

No guarantees yet it will work.

My phone says "partial functionality" in the master book, so maybe, just maybe, one has to move to a "full functionality" phone for the address book to show up...hard to know, since it works perfectly in the LR2 module, which I know is different software.
    PJPR
    13 Orkney Grey RRS HSE Lux
    06 Cairns Blue RRS HSE (200K...sold to a friend)

5. Remove Advertisements
    Range Rovers Forum
    Advertisements

FRESHMAN ROVER

As usual UMBERTOB you are the MAN lol, the Treo 755p is not recommended..BUT the phone works fine..ie connects with bluetooth upon entering the truck, handsfree everything except display the contacts(phone book) and since I got the upgrade for $140.00 bucks i want to use it...thanks for the link...
    Before I leave SPRINT as a carrier..they have offered me the NEW INSTINCT phone..the link you gave me has yet
    to test this new phone..I was wondering if anyone on here has the INSTINCT phone and does it work with the
    bluetooth systems in our trucks..ie displays contacts,(phone books, caller id, miss call list etc...
    I was going to leave Sprint and go to AT&T for the IPHONE...but before I do i wanted info on this INSTINCT phone..
    thanks in advance for the info...
    2013 Range Rover Sport Supercharged
    black on black
    22' Stormers from my 06

Traded in 06 Range Rover Sport Supercharged
    black on black
    minus the Stormers

FRESHMAN ROVER

Quote Originally Posted by umbertob
    Quote Originally Posted by phil.
    i just called to ask about this and was told a new bulletin was issued last week. he mentioned one bulletin was per customer request (presumably the one umberto posted to start this thread) and another one for customer complaint issues. some of the complaints i wrote down were phone works then no recognized, locks up when calling, signal lost, etc. my guess is this would do the same upgrade, but the more recent one states it may be covered under warranty for approved phones. any info on this?
    Phil, I posted this about 3 weeks ago, I imagine it's probably the bulletin they're talking about: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=24481 Regular warranty procedures apply to this TSB, since it is to correct a malfunction, not to add an optional new feature.

Both bulletins were issued together, the parts required consist of the same software patch. So, it's definitely possible that if you went in for service and told them you are having trouble with your BT connection they may apply this TSB to correct the issue and, as a result, upgrade your BT module software with the phonebook feature, no charge... But who knows for sure. Perhaps that's why some of you are not being charged for the upgrade, the dealer is uploading the new software and charging LR for the labor using the "Bluetooth Issue" TSB.

Makes no difference to me since my vehicle is out of factory warranty anyway.
    I just got my '06 RR back from service today and referenced the TSB for Bluetooth connection issues. They performed the software upgrade but I don't have the address book functionality. I was hoping that would be a freebie, but then I found the instructions for the TSB and there's a prompt for the tech "do you wish to perform the phonebook via bluetooth upgrade"; I guess my tech said NO.
    2006 Range Rover HSE
    -Zermatt Silver with Charcoal/Jet
    -Heated Accessories Package
    -DVD Rear Seat Entertainment System
    -SIRIUS

FORUM MODERATOR

Maybe yes, maybe no. I had it in 4 times for this upgrade, no luck, it turns out that the Motorola is only partially compatible...so no address book for me either.

Maybe another phone might work, but I don't want to upgrade to a bulkier phone just to have the address book show up...
    PJPR

SOPHOMORE ROVER

I asked about it last time i had my car serviced in long island in glencove and she said that i had to pay the fee. but when i got my car it didnt mention anthing on my ticket but they had done it for free =). i very much enjoyed my experience at glen cove if anyone is in the area... i also like my dealership in dc/va - alexandria i feel like they would have done it for free also.

Also the upgrade is FANTASTIC one of those things you dont appreciate till you get it. oh I have an iphone 3g worked with my old iphone also.

-Omar
    RRS 2007 - Black on Black
    RRS 2012 - White on Tan
    RR 2016 - Black on Black/Ivory

FRESHMAN ROVER

Quote Originally Posted by PJPR01
    Maybe yes, maybe no. I had it in 4 times for this upgrade, no luck, it turns out that the Motorola is only partially compatible...so no address book for me either.

Maybe another phone might work, but I don't want to upgrade to a bulkier phone just to have the address book show up...

Same here, no luck with my Blackberry
    SOMETIMES YOU'RE THE BUG AND SOMETIMES YOU ARE THE WINDSHIELD !

Premium Member

my upgrade was both a new module plus new software. not sure if software only will get ya address book sync...or if the new module was unnecessary. but i now have addy book sync w/ my dinosaur motorola razr.
    2006 Java Black Range Rover Sport HSE | 1995 Alpine White Defender 90 SW #317/500
    Northern CA Land Rover Club | Tread Lightly Tread Trainer

FORUM MODERATOR

yeah...and the haven't figured out how to authorize a new module as conclusive proof that it's the module and not the phone, so I think we'll wait for the 2012 model.
    PJPR

According to the LR site, my iPhone 3G (2.02) is fully compatible including phonebook/etc. But, I do not seem to have phonebook capability. The phonebook should load automatically, right? Is this indicative of the need for the upgrade, despite what the LR says? (it makes not mention that I need the upgrade or that the iPhone is only partially compatible w/out the upgrade/etc) - or does the enduser need to do something in order to upload the phonebook/etc?

Thanks!

Craig
    2013 RR Sport HSE LUX
    Aintree Green/Almond/Nutmeg
    Front/Rear Lamp Guards, Front Bumper Cover, Body Side Molding, Roof Rails/Rack
    27K miles

As stated in the bulletin, phonebook over Bluetooth is a feature that's only available on MY08 and later. If you have a 2006 or 2007 RRS and a compatible phone, you can get your PTI module upgraded to MY08 standard and gain the feature - usually for a 1-hr labor charge.

Quote Originally Posted by umbertob
    As stated in the bulletin, phonebook over Bluetooth is a feature that's only available on MY08 and later. If you have a 2006 or 2007 RRS and a compatible phone, you can get your PTI module upgraded to MY08 standard and gain the feature - usually for a 1-hr labor charge.
    10-4, thanks. Just got a little confused in that the VIN-based compatibility page lists my iPhone as fully compatible, including phonebook.
    2013 RR Sport HSE LUX
    Aintree Green/Almond/Nutmeg
    Front/Rear Lamp Guards, Front Bumper Cover, Body Side Molding, Roof Rails/Rack
    27K miles

Has anyone here had Hornburg (Los Angeles) do this upgrade? What do they charge for the work?
    `07 Lotus Exige S - Ardent Red
    `06 Range Rover Supercharged - Java Black
    `06 Range Rover Sport HSE - Java Black
    `05 Lotus Elise - Ardent Red
    `97 Range Rover 4.6 HSE (Sold)

FRESHMAN ROVER

Hi,
    I wanted to report that there is an upgrade available for 2005 RRs as well.
    I don't know if it is new software or a new module but, we reported problems with our pti module to the dealer and when we got it back, I was able to use my Blackberry 8830WE (which I couldn't do before; it would connect but hang up automatically if I tried to call someone). I also have phone book functionality from my Blackberry. My wife's Palm 700p still works as it did before and the phonebook is now accessible (not possible before). The problem now is that the names do not appear in the phonebook list (phone numbers do). I suspect, however, this new phonebook issue is an issue with her Palm 700p and not the Land Rover PTI Bluetooth. She is getting the new Blackberry Storm which I think would work correctly with the new bluetooth module.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now