Stop the Presses - MY06/07 Bluetooth Upgrade - Page 3
  1. Welcome to RangeRovers.net – General discussion forum for Range Rovers

Welcome to RangeRovers.net - a website dedicated to all things Range Rovers.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join RangeRovers.net today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: Stop the Presses - MY06/07 Bluetooth Upgrade

Premium Member

Re: Stop the Presses - MY06/07 Bluetooth Upgrade

Quote Originally Posted by chronoguy
    I just had this done on my truck.
    which dealer did you have this done at? and if i may ask, how much? i'm thinkin' about it
    2006 Java Black Range Rover Sport HSE | 1995 Alpine White Defender 90 SW #317/500
    Northern CA Land Rover Club | Tread Lightly Tread Trainer

2. Remove Advertisements
    Range Rovers Forum
    Advertisements

Premium Member

i just called to ask about this and was told a new bulletin was issued last week. he mentioned one bulletin was per customer request (presumably the one umberto posted to start this thread) and another one for customer complaint issues. some of the complaints i wrote down were phone works then no recognized, locks up when calling, signal lost, etc. my guess is this would do the same upgrade, but the more recent one states it may be covered under warranty for approved phones. any info on this?
    2006 Java Black Range Rover Sport HSE | 1995 Alpine White Defender 90 SW #317/500

Quote Originally Posted by phil.
    i just called to ask about this and was told a new bulletin was issued last week. he mentioned one bulletin was per customer request (presumably the one umberto posted to start this thread) and another one for customer complaint issues. some of the complaints i wrote down were phone works then no recognized, locks up when calling, signal lost, etc. my guess is this would do the same upgrade, but the more recent one states it may be covered under warranty for approved phones. any info on this?
    Phil, I posted this about 3 weeks ago, I imagine it's probably the bulletin they're talking about: https://www.rangerovers.net/forum/viewto ... =5&t=24481 Regular warranty procedures apply to this TSB, since it is to correct a malfunction, not to add an optional new feature.

Both bulletins were issued together, the parts required consist of the same software patch. So, it's definitely possible that if you went in for service and told them you are having trouble with your BT connection they may apply this TSB to correct the issue and, as a result, upgrade your BT module software with the phonebook feature, no charge... But who knows for sure. Perhaps that's why some of you are not being charged for the upgrade, the dealer is uploading the new software and charging LR for the labor using the "Bluetooth Issue" TSB.

Makes no difference to me since my vehicle is out of factory warranty anyway.

5. Remove Advertisements
    Range Rovers Forum
    Advertisements

SOPHOMORE ROVER

Has anyone had this done in Long Island, preferably in Nassau County... and had a positive experience? Any feedback would be much appreciated.
    RRS 2007 - Black on Black
    RRS 2012 - White on Tan
    RR 2016 - Black on Black/Ivory

JUNIOR ROVER

No not yet. The last service I had they didnt even know about it yet. This was in Suffolk County, Huntington LR. I bought the truck from Glen Cove but havent been back there since the purchase.
    2006 RRS HSE-Zermatt "Ellie"

SOPHOMORE ROVER

Thank you, What do you feel about Glen Coves service. I'm in Long Island for the summer and I need to get service/bluetooth action done. Thanks.

-Omar
    RRS 2007 - Black on Black
    RRS 2012 - White on Tan
    RR 2016 - Black on Black/Ivory

JUNIOR ROVER

I only purchased the truck there and have yet to use them for service. I use Southampton or Huntington for all my service.
    2006 RRS HSE-Zermatt "Ellie"

JUNIOR ROVER

Just intalled iPhone 2.0 and its compatible with my bluetooth. Its freaking awesome! I downloaded some apps from the app store already. I love the iTunes remote and AIM. Do you hear the death knoll for Treo and Blackberry?
    2008 Range Rover Supercharged Stornoway/Sand DVD
    http://www.uh.edu/learningleading/images/468_uofh1.gif

so you bought the 3g iPhone? laast month I went through 2 iPhones in one week. The **** screens are so fragile. I've been waiting for the 3G, if that one breaks them I'm done with them.

The old ones had iTunes as well.

If it is the new one, how and the helll did you get it?

JUNIOR ROVER

No not the new 3G iPhone, just the iPhone 2.0 software.
    2008 Range Rover Supercharged Stornoway/Sand DVD
    http://www.uh.edu/learningleading/images/468_uofh1.gif

FORUM MODERATOR

Still no luck with getting this upgrade done. Have had it in 3 times, each time the tech says they've got it figured out, and then nothing.

I've got a 3 year old Motorola Razr..., but tried it also with a friends new Razr, and neither works as advertised to show the address book or memory.

There must be some patch on the software that our local dealership is not downloading properly...I'm wondering from those who have had it done, if they know what exactly was done, or if they can post the name of the dealership...I'll have my local dealership call them and figure it out directly.

thanks!
    PJPR
    13 Orkney Grey RRS HSE Lux
    06 Cairns Blue RRS HSE (200K...sold to a friend)

This is the step-by-step from the TSB, it seems like a pretty straight forward process to me. My guess is that the tech guy gets lazy in the shop and forgets to check mark something, or skips a step, or identifies the wrong hardware, or makes some other entry error, during the upload. If they were using the wrong patch, the install routine would probably never ask "Do you wish to install phonebook over bluetooth upgrade", no? I bet if they let you alone in their shop with their workstation for a few minutes, you could probably update it yourself. There is an outside chance the upgrade may not "take" on some early Nokia PTI modules - this was reported early on in the UK when this update first came out and was then "recalled" due to technical glitches - but Land Rover would have figured it out before issuing the same TSB several months later in the US, I think.

TOOLS:
    Latest IDS DVD; software first released on DVD 111 Patch File 6
    Midtronics PSC-550 Vehicle Power Supply

INSTALLATION PROCEDURE

RECONFIGURE THE CELLULAR TELEPHONE CONTROL MODULE

CAUTION: A Midtronics PSC-550 Vehicle Power Supply must be connected to the vehicle battery during diagnosis.

1. Connect the Midtronics PSC-550 power supply to the vehicle battery.
    NOTE: IDS must be loaded with software release DVD 111 with Patch File 6 or later.

2. Connect the IDS to the vehicle and begin a new diagnostic session by entering the correct VIN for the current vehicle.

3. Follow the IDS prompts to read the vehicle configuration.

4. Select 'No' when prompted 'Do you wish to read diagnostic trouble codes?'

5. Select 'tick' to continue.

6. Select the 'Vehicle Configuration' tab when Content Model is displayed.

7. From the Vehicle Configuration menu, configure the 'Cellular telephone control module' by selecting from the drop-down menu:
    • 'Module programming' > 'Configure existing module' > 'Cellular telephone control module'

8. Select 'tick' to continue.

9. When the 'TEL_SYSTEM_A module' Network integrity test results file displays, locate '0xf191vm_ecu_hw_pn' and record the "value" on the repair order. (Figure 1)

10. Select the value recorded on the repair order when the pop-up screen appears. (Figure 2)

11. Select 'Active' when prompted 'Is phone voice control active?'

12. Press 'tick' to continue.

13. Select 'Yes' when prompted 'Do you wish to install phonebook over bluetooth upgrade?'.

14. Press 'tick' to continue.

15. Select 'US English' when prompted 'Select language'.

16. Press 'tick' to continue.

17. Select appropriate hardware type (noted in step 9) when prompted 'Select the telephone hardware type?'.

18. Press 'tick' to continue.

19. Verify software to be downloaded.

20. Press 'tick' to continue.

21. When completed, exit the current session.

22. Disconnect the IDS and Midtronics PSC-550 Vehicle Battery Supply.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Stop the Presses - MY06/07 Bluetooth Upgrade-figure1.jpg   Stop the Presses - MY06/07 Bluetooth Upgrade-figure2.jpg  

Premium Member

i had the entire PTI module replaced last week under warranty, not just a software update, from land rover in redwood city (CA). i told them i get intermittent drops, but the more common error was the entire system freezing up. it usually happened with my motorola razr V3 (note compatible phone) when i would hang up a call from the handset. the PTI still thinks the call was connected so radio muted and all. no RRS controls would work to "hang up" and i'd found turning off bluetooth on my phone was enough to kick the PTI into releasing it's hold on the radio system. then i'd have to reconnect again. it now works fine w/ my razr (1st gen black razr if that matters), syncing address book entries stored on the phone.

i have 2 line items in this section:
    configuration of new ECU (billed a lil over an hour)
    control assembly

FORUM MODERATOR

thanks Umberto...I'm going back over armed with this information - will talk to my friend there and see if we can get it done. Have you had yours updated as well?

thanks phil...good to know then that the first gen Razr should be compatible...that eliminates that variable as a possible reason for why it doesn't work.
    PJPR
    13 Orkney Grey RRS HSE Lux
    06 Cairns Blue RRS HSE (200K...sold to a friend)

Not yet Paul, haven't had time to drop it off at the dealer yet.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now