your opinions on this extended warranty
  1. Welcome to RangeRovers.net – General discussion forum for Range Rovers

Welcome to RangeRovers.net - a website dedicated to all things Range Rovers.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join RangeRovers.net today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: your opinions on this extended warranty

your opinions on this extended warranty

Hi all,

I got a quote from a local Land Rover dealership for m 2011 RRS s/c. $100 deductible, 6 years or 100K whichever comes first, $4000. Given that my supercharger just got replaced under warranty seems like an extended warranty is needed on these cars and his deal sounds good. This is land rover's own warranty. Any opinions or experiences are welcomed and much appreciated.

Thanks!
    2011 RRS Supercharged Fuji White
    2007 911 Turbo (Europipe Stage I Exhaust)

2. Remove Advertisements
    Range Rovers Forum
    Advertisements

Re: your opinions on this extended warranty

Depends on what is covered and what is excluded. How many miles are you at now? Is the $4000 for an additional 2 years worth it?
    "The power of good is always stronger than the power of non-good.
    The power of light is stronger than the power of darkness,
    the power of knowledge is stronger than the power of ignorance."
    ~ Maharishi Mahesh Yogi~

FRESHMAN ROVER

I paid $5000 for 60k or 3 years $300 deductible It covers a lot but not everything For my 2006 RRS. So $4000 for $100 deductible seems good to me. I'll try to post a brochure of what it covers on mine. If you could do the same

5. Remove Advertisements
    Range Rovers Forum
    Advertisements

Yeah see what it covers, but for the most part, not even knowing that, I'd say that's great! I check on 1 through a 3rd party company for my 09' when I 1st bought it a yr & a half ago, they told me it'd be a "mere"-----11k for 5yrs...

Shiddddd!!! Hahaha

Well unless the finance manager is smoking crack, he claims that it's a bumper to bumper warranty with zero deductible (the $100 is for non land rover dealership service). And this is directly from Land Rover an not a 3rd party warrant. I'm at 47K miles so it seems that an extra 53K miles of coverage (or 6 years whichever comes first) for $4k on this car sounds pretty good. Thanks for the reply's.
    2011 RRS Supercharged Fuji White
    2007 911 Turbo (Europipe Stage I Exhaust)

Can you share the dealer name? (pm if you prefer) I'm also in So. CA and waiting for a 2015 RR. I will also look at what warranties are out there, but it is good to know which dealers have "fair" prices. Haven't checked my local LA dealers yet, but I'd place a bet that they will charge higher prices!

LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR Brimill1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mk23 View Post
    Well unless the finance manager is smoking crack, he claims that it's a bumper to bumper warranty with zero deductible (the $100 is for non land rover dealership service). And this is directly from Land Rover an not a 3rd party warrant. I'm at 47K miles so it seems that an extra 53K miles of coverage (or 6 years whichever comes first) for $4k on this car sounds pretty good. Thanks for the reply's.
    I just saw the quote sheet for the extended warranties. I think your mistaken the $4k option for 6 years 50k isn't an addtl 6 years it's actually only 2 years as it counts the first 48 months of original factory warranty.

The pricing I saw in western pa was as follows
    This is not an extension, it actually changes the factory 48/50k mileage to this

Months/mileage

72/75k 3400
    72/100k 4200
    84/100k 5000

These prices are only valid while still within your original factory warranty. If your out of warranty the prices are astronomical. I didn't pay any attention, IIRC it was like 12/10k for 3400 and 24/25k for 7500.
    2013 RRS HSE LUX Santorini black
    QuickSilver Exhaust
    20" Redbourne Nottinghams

I am a professional so please use caution, I may have enjoyed a few cocktails when I told you to go ahead and try this at home...

Quote Originally Posted by Brimill1234 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mk23 View Post
    I just saw the quote sheet for the extended warranties. I think your mistaken the $4k option for 6 years 50k isn't an addtl 6 years it's actually only 2 years as it counts the first 48 months of original factory warranty.

The pricing I saw in western pa was as follows
    This is not an extension, it actually changes the factory 48/50k mileage to this

Months/mileage

72/75k 3400
    72/100k 4200
    84/100k 5000

These prices are only valid while still within your original factory warranty. If your out of warranty the prices are astronomical. I didn't pay any attention, IIRC it was like 12/10k for 3400 and 24/25k for 7500.
    Well I spoke with the finance guy again and they said that it is indeed 6 years from today and NOT a 2 year extension off the factory. So sounds like a great deal. Maybe it's because my original warranty is still in tact. At 6 years it's a no brainer for $4k. Will probably last about 4 years. Thanks for all the replies guys.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now