RRS Facelift - Page 2
  1. Welcome to RangeRovers.net – General discussion forum for Range Rovers

Welcome to RangeRovers.net - a website dedicated to all things Range Rovers.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join RangeRovers.net today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: RRS Facelift

FRESHMAN ROVER
    what they need to do is make a similar center consule to the big range rover and put the 500hp engine in it, and it better be 500whp, **** all the physics formulas and newton's laws. 3 tons should be able to move from a standstill to 60mph in atleast 5 seconds!
    James A. Cadet

07 Range Rover Sport S/C
    Chawton White

2. Remove Advertisements
    Range Rovers Forum
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by chronoguy
    [
    Now, all they need to do is remove the cheap plastics, upgrade the NAV, and add cooled seats.Then we'll have another winner.
    Don't know about the cheap plastic and cooled seats, the big Range needs some bragging rights within LR's offerings so I imagine they wouldn't want to make the RRS too nice on purpose... But regarding the NAV, it's interesting that they also had a FFRR test mule (and an LR3, allegedly both of them were fitted with the new 5-liter engine, as was the RRS in the picture above) on the same trip to the Arctic circle, and the steering wheel controls on the FFRR taken in a spy photo looked identical to the ones Jaguar is using on their newest car, the XF:

2009 FFRR Test Mule spy photo:

Jag XF interior:

That hopefully means we may all soon be getting the new Macromedia enabled satnav / infotainment system as the latest Jags, which would be a huge improvement over the current unit. It would also be consistent with what I saw a couple of years ago at a LR event, they were showing a future version of the satnav / infotainment system for our cars, it was very sleek and looked identical to the one that made it on the new Jaguar XK an XF, minus the Jaguar logo of course.

My bet is that MY 09 LR3, RRS and FFRR s in the US will all get a normally aspirated 5.0 liter engine to replace the 4.4 liter, probably good for 350 hp. The RRS and FFRR will also get a S/C version of the same engine, good for 500 hp or almost. Hopefully they start importing the V8 diesel also, but it may not happen in 2008. And the LR3 will undergo a major redesign, it needs it badly as its sales have been pathetic in North America.

Full article: http://www.carmagazine.co.uk/Secret-new ... s-new-V8s/

FRESHMAN ROVER
    500hp!!! lol

but i'd probably end up getting the V8 diesel if that is ever introduced due to gas milage haha.
    James A. Cadet

07 Range Rover Sport S/C
    Chawton White

5. Remove Advertisements
    Range Rovers Forum
    Advertisements

SOPHOMORE ROVER
    Man thats good info umberto, i cant wait to see the new nav infotainment system. The info unit on the new infinities is WAY better than anything out and that looks like it will as be finally on the same level. That almost will make me trade in my 06 for that. Makes such a difference in appeal.

SOPHOMORE ROVER
    More picts:

FRESHMAN ROVER
    those are the exhaust for the 460hp engine?
    James A. Cadet

07 Range Rover Sport S/C
    Chawton White

SOPHOMORE ROVER
    Look at the side vents. Much different. It looks like the signal blinkers.

SOLIHULL ROVER

Check out the parts that I circled.

In the center of the dash there are Jag XF style climate controls and what looks like a slot for CDs but no head unit. Makes me think integrated audio controls on nav screen. Not something I like but I know most people do like it.

The gauge cluster also looks like the new XF with an improved center info screen.

Also notice that the tach. The Sport is idling but there is no key in the ignition.

Full article here:

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/news/autoe ... sport.html

Sounds like these changes won't come until summer of 2009 (as a MY2010?), perhaps. I just might have to keep my 06 an extra year, **** it.

SOPHOMORE ROVER
    Me like.

I like the gauge cluster. the light switches are also different.

Hmmmm. I think I'll be trading in for a newer one.
    They still need to get rid of the plastic silver bits.

Quote Originally Posted by British_Rover

Check out the parts that I circled.

In the center of the dash there are Jag XF style climate controls and what looks like a slot for CDs but no head unit. Makes me think integrated audio controls on nav screen. Not something I like but I know most people do like it.

The gauge cluster also looks like the new XF with an improved center info screen.

Also notice that the tach. The Sport is idling but there is no key in the ignition.

It's funny how the side vents seem to have "disappeared" on those spy photos... It's the same car - same license plate - but the snow must be playing tricks with my eyes because I can't see that vent!

FRESHMAN ROVER
    Quote Originally Posted by umbertob
    It's funny how the side vents seem to have "disappeared" on those spy photos... It's the same car - same licese plate - but the snow must be playing tricks with my eyes because I can't see that vent!
    HOLY ***** your right!! i was taking a closer looks and it doesn't even seem as if snow covered the vents up, it looks more like they removed those vents temporarily! haha, maybe LR is watching the forum lool. they should do something with the front grill and give me a LRX if they are haha
    James A. Cadet

07 Range Rover Sport S/C
    Chawton White

Quote Originally Posted by
    maybe LR is watching the forum lool.
    You wish! Methinks they just stuck some black tape on top. I wonder why?

FRESHMAN ROVER
    i dunno man look at the pics.

Quote Originally Posted by chronoguy

you would at least some sort of outline or indentation if they were there, but you don't. or i might just be blind.
    James A. Cadet

07 Range Rover Sport S/C
    Chawton White

I hear they have a soccer ball holder in the rear! yessssssss no more mini V

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now