Removing the resonator...should I? - Page 9
  1. Welcome to RangeRovers.net – General discussion forum for Range Rovers

Welcome to RangeRovers.net - a website dedicated to all things Range Rovers.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join RangeRovers.net today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: Removing the resonator...should I?

FRESHMAN ROVER

Re: Removing the resonator...should I?

I should amend my post a bit. The day I had this done I brought it straight home from the muffler shop and parked it and went to work for two days. It definitely did not make as drastic a difference and both I and the very experienced, over 23 years with his own shop, muffler technician thought it would. However, I took it out and experimented with it quite a bit last night. The cold start if definitely sounds louder for that first 15 seconds or whatever it is. Accelerating from a stop it feels more powerful but isn't too much louder. It you hammer on the accelerator while in motions say at 40 mph or so you can really notice it. It also, "seems" more responsive. As far as backfires are concerned. I could not no matter how I tried get it to backfire. Maybe the X pipe eliminates this characteristic I don't know.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Range Rovers Forum
    Advertisements

FRESHMAN ROVER

H pipes, X pipes, That muffler right in front of the resonator is not partitioned. With that said the H pipe and X pipe would not really do anything. Just cut and run straight pipes in place of #7. You would only need to balance the exhaust if you removed both the center muffler and the resonator.

After a year of thinking this over, I finally did it on my 11 HSE Luxury. I did the straight pipes in place of the resonator and right away there is definitely a growl and truck does feel more responsive. It does sound louder from redlight but quickly dies down until you punch it again. I’ll have to get used to that.

One thing I noticed right away and it could be just me, is that when you punch it, you feel and hear the power(but it’s coming from the back so it does sound like another vehicle and not yours) if you understand what I mean.

I’ll follow up in a week with another update.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Remove Advertisements
    Range Rovers Forum
    Advertisements

This morning start up.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/kowo752710...%20AM.mov?dl=0

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

love it. My '06 sound almost as good as that. Hearing the deep heavy sound gives me some sort of satisfaction when I pump high test fuel and have a big old V8. the factory sound is not what a V8 should sound like... IMHO. Some like it quiet, like my neighbors. Oh well.
    2006 RRS LUX, Rimini Red, Alpaca leather, 275/65 R18 Terra Grappler G2s, 1.5" lift, RSE, reclining rear seats, Resonator delete (all), SAT

FRESHMAN ROVER

You guys got me all excited! Now gotta convince the wifey to delete #7. Wish me luck

There has to be a pair of shoes or a new purse she needs as bad as you need the delete.
    2006 RRS LUX, Rimini Red, Alpaca leather, 275/65 R18 Terra Grappler G2s, 1.5" lift, RSE, reclining rear seats, Resonator delete (all), SAT

FRESHMAN ROVER

You read my mind lol. I know she’s eyeing out couple purse for Christmas so I’m asking the delete as a return for sure.

FRESHMAN ROVER
    Just removed the resonator on my 12 RRSS and it’s perfect. It’s loud when I want it and just growls when I’m cruising. No drone but there is a slight crackle when I drop off the throttle after pushing it. The shop offered to remove the main muffler but thought that might be too much, kinda glad I didn’t because this is just enough to keep me happy without going over board or being too obnoxious.

Folks, this thread is over 10 years old. How about staying on topic if you MUST keep this thread alive. Frankly over 10 years the topic has been beat to death. Off topic rubbish will be cleaned up today.
    When dealing with yourself, act with your brain
    When dealing others, act with your heart.

FRESHMAN ROVER
    Quote Originally Posted by RRToadHall View Post
    Folks, this thread is over 10 years old. How about staying on topic if you MUST keep this thread alive. Frankly over 10 years the topic has been beat to death. Off topic rubbish will be cleaned up today.
    There’s been 12 post in the last 2 months on this and some of us are new to this site. Sorry if you’re tired of this topic as the adminstrator but isn’t this site for the members and community? Sometimes things get off topic and some posting maybe of little value add but you’re going to delete what you deem to be “rubbish”? Seems to be a bit controlling and it’s up to the user to read what posting is of interest. If you’re tired of this, don’t read it.

FRESHMAN ROVER

No offense RRToadHall but Datriani has a point, I haven’t heard about pedal Commander until it’s been mentioned here plus SpecialEd has posted good info as well. It was a little off topic but it ended few days before you erased the comments. We all just wanna learn.

SOPHOMORE ROVER

I heard about pedal commander for the first time in this thread and just ordered it. Sometimes there are off-topic comments with nuggets of valuable information. To call them "rubbish" in disdain is uncalled for and is belittling.
    '08 RRS SC

Folks pedal commander is off topic. This about is about removing resonators exhaust bits etc. If you want to talk about the pedal commander start a new thread of your own.

This is nothing controlling, it is common sense to stay on topic.

BTW, throttle response adjusters have been covered in the past, they are also part of many "tunes".
    When dealing with yourself, act with your brain
    When dealing others, act with your heart.

FRESHMAN ROVER

**** yea remove it. End of story
    '13 RRS HSE LUX

MODS:black roof, Lift rods, 275.55.20 Nitto Trail Graps, Red trim grill & side vents, low mesh grill, quicksilver exhaust custom cats, custom intakes with floats, black interior, 2x optima batts, chrome delete, Roof line low pro light bar, Full skid plates (red), Rock Rails with air/water in the tubes, air compressor, ladder, rear "tail gate" MOLLE webbing gates, ceiling MOLLE webbing gear rack system, custom built heads, upgraded fuel rail / injectors.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now