Removing the resonator...should I? - Page 8
  1. Welcome to RangeRovers.net – General discussion forum for Range Rovers

Welcome to RangeRovers.net - a website dedicated to all things Range Rovers.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join RangeRovers.net today!

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: Removing the resonator...should I?

FRESHMAN ROVER

Re: Removing the resonator...should I?

Quote Originally Posted by UAV View Post
    With all things considered, that's actually loud. Did you have an external mic suctioned out in the rear of the vehicle? Sounds good though.
    It is pretty loud. I can definitely see why some people would not want it that loud. I however, like it. There was no external mic from the video. For the interior part, I mounted my camera on the sunroof glass and the sound came from it's internal mic. And for the outside part, the camera was mounted on the rear windshield, outside the car.
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

2. Remove Advertisements
    Range Rovers Forum
    Advertisements

im getting a muffler delete and resonantor delete adding a magnaflow muffler with 18" pipe and tips for $500.. had it done on a 2010 RRS now getting done on 2012 RRS its the perfect sound and not too loud

After having the resonator delete and the 2 rear mufflera deleted.. I recommend leaving the 2 rear mufflers.. I have a very noticeable drone right around 40-55 mph. I think leaving those 2 rear mufflers would nullify that but still give you the sound from acceleration that you are looking for..

5. Remove Advertisements
    Range Rovers Forum
    Advertisements

I agree. I ended up going back and having two resonators added where the main muffler was. Love the end result.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Removing the resonator...should I?-img_7255_1519851730025.jpg  
    2006 RRS LUX, Rimini Red, Alpaca leather, 275/65 R18 Terra Grappler G2s, 1.5" lift, RSE, reclining rear seats, Resonator delete (all), SAT

Have most users on here just gone straight pipe where the resonator was?

Good question. It's been a while since i have read some of these posts. Take a look through this whole post. It may have some answers. Also do a search to see if other posts have input.
    2006 RRS LUX, Rimini Red, Alpaca leather, 275/65 R18 Terra Grappler G2s, 1.5" lift, RSE, reclining rear seats, Resonator delete (all), SAT

FRESHMAN ROVER

I had straight pipes put in place of the #7 resonator.

Here's my rig:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8eMYKJBGPaE

430 . That sounds great man. Do you experience any drone around 40-55mph? Also what did you do with the two dual mufflers before the tips?

My exhaust guy removed #7 and put in a magnaflow and I have straight piping all the way to the tips..

I think most people on here.. from going back a few pages on this thread.. they removed #7 and went straight pipes and kept the 2 small mufflers just before the tips and added nice tips..

FRESHMAN ROVER

Thanks! No drone at all.

Just put straight piping in place of #7 resonator and left everything else as is.

FRESHMAN ROVER

After having this mod done for a while and loving the sound. I think I will try and tinker with the system a bit more. I removed the #7 resonator and put two straight pipes in place. I think I loss some low end torque but gained some power in the top end (butt dyno). This is probably because there was some exhaust scavenging due to the #7 resonator that I lost when I eliminated it. Since I prefer the power lower down rather than higher up, I will probably try and put an x pipe where the two straight pipes are to achieve some more exhaust scavenging.

You may want to consider a H pipe. They provide low end improvements and more of a muscle car tone. Maybe there is some info here on this forum. I have not looked yet.

FRESHMAN ROVER
    Did this yesterday. 2009 RRS SC Frankly it's barely any louder I expected more.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Removing the resonator...should I?-20180917_141731_1537305999362.jpg   Removing the resonator...should I?-20180917_144644_1537306017369.jpg   Removing the resonator...should I?-20180917_154808_1537306033545.jpg  

FRESHMAN ROVER

Is there a noticeable difference between going with the X pipe or H pipe installation? I see a lot of people go for the X pipe but I was told with a V8, you want the H pipe for the sound.

Is this true?
    2012 Range Rover Sport GT Limited Edition

FRESHMAN ROVER
    No experience with the H pipe. The installer recommended the X pipe. There's very little sound increase. He was shocked at the restrictive characteristics of the piece he removed. He was surprised again when I started the engine and it wasn't louder. I didn't tell my wife about it and she drive it all day and didn't notice it. I only notice it if I really give it a lot of throttle. What I actually notice more is the sound of the supercharger. Maybe it's louder outside or behind the vehicle when accelerating but I don't notice it. It for sure isn't louder at idle in my garage or on start up.

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now