Removing the resonator...should I? - Page 4
  1. Welcome to RangeRovers.net – General discussion forum for Range Rovers

Welcome to RangeRovers.net - a website dedicated to all things Range Rovers.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join RangeRovers.net today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: Removing the resonator...should I?

Re: Removing the resonator...should I?

Quote Originally Posted by UAV View Post
    I'd really like to hear what both an n/a & s/c 2010+ sounds like with #7 deleted!!
    Yeah so would I, I have 2011 SC, im planning on doing the same thing, just dont want it to effect the SC power, I was told be a shop that builds custom exhaust for race cars, that it will allow it to breath a lot better, but burn more gas.

2011 RRS SC, Orkney Grey, Tan interior, 22" rims, roof rack, running boards, supercharged side vents, black lettering, double tip deleted Resonator exhaust. EuroCharged pulley and tuned ECU. 568HP

2. Remove Advertisements
    Range Rovers Forum
    Advertisements

UAV

^^^physics sounds about right. Especially with force inducted vehicles

FRESHMAN ROVER

I have the 08 RR Supercharged, is it still ok to remove the #7? If so, I plan on having the #7 removed next weekend. Does anyone know what the pipe size that I will be replacing the deleted section with?

5. Remove Advertisements
    Range Rovers Forum
    Advertisements

Ok all done, removes #7 on my 5.0 supercharged and was impressed with the sound, it seemed a little too much of a (SRT8-ish) but I do have two K&N filter installed! Here are some pics and a sound vid for you guys, tell me what you think
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Removing the resonator...should I?-image.jpg   Removing the resonator...should I?-image.jpg   Removing the resonator...should I?-image.jpg  

2011 RRS SC, Orkney Grey, Tan interior, 22" rims, roof rack, running boards, supercharged side vents, black lettering, double tip deleted Resonator exhaust. EuroCharged pulley and tuned ECU. 568HP

I tried to do the sound clip but the forum doesn't except that format

UAV

Looks good! Get that clip up G!!!

FRESHMAN ROVER

I had #7 cut off the 08 RRS today. It cost me $40 at Delta Muffler. I'm gonna try to get a sound clip uploaded tomorrow. Anyone have a suggestion on how to do it?

FRESHMAN ROVER

Seeing how there is very little detail about exhaust modding on the internet, ive recently pulled the trigger on a super sprint non-resonated xpipe. I found this to be the most cost efficient way to get the sound I want from the v8. The X-pipe costed me around 1400 Canadian dollars including Installation. The good part about this mod is that there is no hack job required to get it to fit with your stock left and right exhaust mufflers. I also like the fact that I got to keep my Square autobiography tips and gain the sound of ... kinda exactly a c63. The pipe gives you the raspy rumble a v8 with an x pipe produces. This is for the people that doesnt want trouble with hacking the original exhaust and dealing with "going back to stock". The good news for those of you in america is that you can get my pipes for 700 dollars + tax. I hope this gives you guys another option for those of you wanting to beef up the noise level!

FRESHMAN ROVER
    So for those who have done this, does it make it louder too or just throatier? I have a 4.4 that I want more throatiness too, but I like how tame the volume level is. Headers instead maybe?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
    -2008 Range Rover Sport HSE, White on White, Pioneer App Radio, Hard-Wire V1.
    -2007 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo, Black on Black, SS Brake Lines, Hard-Wire V1, Dension Bluetooth Integration.
    -2001 Ford Mustang Cobra, Black on Yellow, Fully-Built Turbo Car, +700 HP, +800 Tq.
    -1993 Jeep Grand Cherokee, Fully-Built Rock-Crawler.
    -1970 Volkwagen Westfalia.

FRESHMAN ROVER

Just did this to my '11 rrss (#7 removed), also have k&n filters in. Still quiet when cruising, no drone.. however when you hit, it is loud. Very throaty, sounds very similar to a few E55 Amg's or Cts-V's I have heard. I love it, will post some clips this week.

Quote Originally Posted by 98cruiser View Post
    If im bored UAV, ill take one from the outside, sounds like a SRT8 Hemi! lol
    Here's a sound clip, Im not punching it hard though, you can here im cutting the gas, I was just toying around in the snow
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=joDL4l-He3g

Banned

sounds broken or as if you have an exhaust leak... i made the mistake of installing an exhaust on the SC i owned and i instantly regretted it. wound up putting the stock exhaust.

FRESHMAN ROVER

Quote Originally Posted by dantheman1 View Post
    looking forward to the clips, curious to hear what it sounds like
    with a buddy last night and messed around with the GoPro.. little clip put together of the car/exhaust . love this thing-
    http://www.streetfire.net/video/11-r...ed_2448532.htm

Quote Originally Posted by charged11 View Post
    with a buddy last night and messed around with the GoPro.. little clip put together of the car/exhaust . love this thing-
    http://www.streetfire.net/video/11-r...ed_2448532.htm
    Ooooo that sounds mean. Is this just with the center resonator removed? How is highway drone?
    2011 RRS Supercharged, Santorini Black on Tan, ATB front and side grilles
    2008 RRS HSE Lux (sold), Alaska white on Ivory/Ebony, Supercharged front and side grill's,
    20" genuine stormer wheels, Supercharged front Brembo brake retrofit, Supercharged exhaust tips retrofit, 2010+ tail lights retrofit, Nappa leather steering wheel retrofit.
    2005 LR3 HSE (sold), Java Black on Alpaca, oversized all-terrains, LR genuine expedition roof rack, grille guard, and tail lamp guards.

FRESHMAN ROVER

thanks agreed! I am still blown away with how great it sounds opened up.
    yea, just #7 was removed. no highway drone, it is basically still very quiet inside unless you purposely want to hear it.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now