Front end clunking - Page 7
  1. Welcome to RangeRovers.net – General discussion forum for Range Rovers

Welcome to RangeRovers.net - a website dedicated to all things Range Rovers.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join RangeRovers.net today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Front end clunking

FRESHMAN ROVER
    Quote Originally Posted by otoppero
    I guess the fact that you were on a lease has been lost by me in all of the talk about what you have been going through. So how would they pay you back for something like that? What is your monthly if you don't mind me asking?
    Of course I don't mind. Well, seeing how I got the car for Christmas, I'm not quite sure how much the payments are, and the lease is paid by his company, but I did hear my husband mention to someone that they weren't more than my Navigator and the payment on that was $1,100 a month.
    http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o...hyfor6/RRS.jpg

DeDe

2010 S/C Range Rover Sport
    Previous Car 2007 S/C RRS

2. Remove Advertisements
    Range Rovers Forum
    Advertisements

FRESHMAN ROVER
    [/quote]If they agree to buy the car back, any money you paid into it, including interest, down payment, license and registration all get refunded. Your lease contract would end and considered fulfilled.[/quote]

Woohoo! Actually, I just got through driving my sport, and didn't hear any noise in the steering or anywhere. So, I don't know if it was a one time thing or if the climate has anything to do with it, but no noise is good noise...lol I don't think I can bear giving up my car even if they were to buy the thing back. As I said before, I'm going to have a hard time giving it up at the end of the lease. I get attached to things easily, I guess.

DeDe

FRESHMAN ROVER
    Quote Originally Posted by NY S/C
    Quote Originally Posted by Prayn4Sno
    Good news, I just got my truck back and I am happy to report the "clunk" is finaly gone. I had a tech ride with me to verify the noise and they replaced 2 worn sway bar bushings #RBX500280 (Left & right) The tech also said they have replace more than a couple of these already. After a long year of listining to that noise I can say again my truck is silent.....for now. They also replace a leaking coolant hose at the thermostat, and replaced my steering wheel because it was "delaminating."
    I had the bushings replaced in Dec and the noise is back again. After 6 attempts and 21 days in the shop, I just sent my certified letter to LRNA to allow them one more attempt to fix this before I lemon
    I got a fax from LRNA and they have agreed that my vehicle qualifies for repurchase under the NJ lemon law. I'm sending them all the finance papers so they can calculate the repurchase amount.
    nYc

2006 Range Rover Sport S/C - RIP via N.J.S.A. 56:12-29 to 56:12-49 aka NJ Lemon Law

5. Remove Advertisements
    Range Rovers Forum
    Advertisements

SOPHOMORE ROVER
    Congrats... What do you plan to move to?
    otoppero
    99 Range 4.6
    06 Range Sport SC, Java, Big Lemon-gone
    99 Range 4.6-sold
    97 Disco I- sold
    00 Disco II-sold

FRESHMAN ROVER
    I'm looking into the new BMW E90 M3 (4door) but haven't made up my mind yet.
    nYc

2006 Range Rover Sport S/C - RIP via N.J.S.A. 56:12-29 to 56:12-49 aka NJ Lemon Law

FRESHMAN ROVER
    Congrats to you, NY S/C. I'm only sorry you had to go through what you did and I'm sorry it ended the way it did. Good luck to you and your new purcahse. I'll keep you posted on my car. I plan to go back to my service depart afer I return from vacation in April to have the steering noise fixed, again, but not sure if I'm going to have them attempt to fix the front end noise again. Also, my air conditioning is starting to make squeaqking noises as well, so that will be fixed then, too. And the noises keep coming..........

I sitll love my car.

DeDe

FRESHMAN ROVER
    Quote Originally Posted by Beachy
    Congrats to you, NY S/C. I'm only sorry you had to go through what you did and I'm sorry it ended the way it did. Good luck to you and your new purcahse. I'll keep you posted on my car. I plan to go back to my service depart afer I return from vacation in April to have the steering noise fixed, again, but not sure if I'm going to have them attempt to fix the front end noise again. Also, my air conditioning is starting to make squeaqking noises as well, so that will be fixed then, too. And the noises keep coming..........

I sitll love my car.
    Thank you both. Aside from those noises, I love driving my RRS. I'll keep you posted with what I end up buying next.
    nYc

SOPHOMORE ROVER
    ME TOO. THEY GOT BACK TO ME AND SAID IT WAS A GO FOR BUYBACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't tell you how much I like driving the RRS. I would get another one today if I was not told by the dealer and the Northwest Rep that ALL RRS have this problem. Looking for a D90 or D110 if anybody has one in WA state PM me. I will stay here till all is finished, seeing as this is the BEST forum I have ever been to. Truthfully, Chris Runnels
    otoppero
    99 Range 4.6
    99 Range 4.6-sold
    97 Disco I- sold
    00 Disco II-sold

Good for you guys. Nice to see that you didn't have to go to extreme ways to get a satisfactory resolution with LRNA. Sorry to see you go, though. Keep in touch.

FORUM MODERATOR
    And after all the half truths that the dealer told you in the past over this lengthy saga, do you honestly believe that all RRS's suffer from this problem. They are full of you know what.
    PJPR
    13 Orkney Grey RRS HSE Lux
    06 Cairns Blue RRS HSE (200K...sold to a friend)

SOPHOMORE ROVER
    Yes I do agree, that the REP was full of it. I want everybody to know accident or not that I loved driving this RRS and would own another if I did not have to deal with poor customer service. Both LR Bellevue and Seattle have had ups and downs with me in regards to service and sales. Overall the upper management I believe held their hands behind their backs when it came time to getting it fixed and making it right for me. I told the REP at LRNA that he has put some trust back into me by making the correct choice and buying the RRS back. This forum is honestly the best out there and I will be making a donation to it before I go. I challenge all users to do the same. This site has done so much for me, and that should not go unnoticed. Cheers to all and a special thanks to umbertob for all your help. If I don't buy a NSX that just came up for sale and find a D then I'm sure ill be back.
    otoppero
    99 Range 4.6
    99 Range 4.6-sold
    97 Disco I- sold
    00 Disco II-sold

FRESHMAN ROVER
    This forum is honestly the best out there and I will be making a donation to it before I go.[color=red] I challenge all users to do the same.
    I already have. I hate to see you go. Please stay in touch and keep us up on how the buy back is going.

DeDe

FRESHMAN ROVER
    ME TOO. THEY GOT BACK TO ME AND SAID IT WAS A GO FOR BUYBACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Congrats! I'm happy you were able to get a favorable response back from LRNA... I know you were getting anxious.
    nYc

FRESHMAN ROVER
    I would get another one today if I was not told by the dealer and the Northwest Rep that ALL RRS have this problem.
    I was told that only the S/C RRS have the problem, and not sure the 08's have the problem or not. The S/C's have a different suspension system than RRS HSE's. Two people I know who own RRS HSE's don't have any suspension noise.

DeDe

SOPHOMORE ROVER
    Thanks NY sorry I did not send you a PM. I posted then when looking for a new ride. I'm thinking D, G55 or a 12,000 mile NSX just came on the market here in town for cheap so, I'm still undecided. I will post with the finial details when I get them. Thanks to all for your help and input, it has not gone unnoticed.
    otoppero
    99 Range 4.6
    99 Range 4.6-sold
    97 Disco I- sold
    00 Disco II-sold

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now