Front end clunking - Page 6
  1. Welcome to RangeRovers.net – General discussion forum for Range Rovers

Welcome to RangeRovers.net - a website dedicated to all things Range Rovers.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join RangeRovers.net today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Front end clunking

FRESHMAN ROVER
    This is what you have all been waiting for. MY CAR IS FIXED!!!!! YEA! Now, I can't tell what all was done to the car and how they fixed it because I didn't get my paperwork back I got there right at closing because wasn't done until then and it takes me almost 30 minutes to get to the dealer and no one, service manager, service writer, was there to ask questions and the tech was still inputing the repairs and I didn't want to wait around. They will be mailing my paperwork to me, so when I get it, I will let you know what all was done. I do know they ran the software update but don't know if that fixed it or if they had to fix something manually or both. All I know is the steering is quiet and so is the suspension. The steering also seems to be tighter, which was something else I complained about, ti being loose, I guess they thought it was all in my head. My car is now the new car it once was. So knock on wood it stays quiet. I'll let you know what all was done to the car as soon as I know and hopefully you can benefit from it.
    http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o...hyfor6/RRS.jpg

DeDe

2010 S/C Range Rover Sport
    Previous Car 2007 S/C RRS

2. Remove Advertisements
    Range Rovers Forum
    Advertisements

FRESHMAN ROVER
    Quote Originally Posted by otoppero
    timbrehse,

What did the Dealer do. May you please share a list of parts replaced and software ran, if any. Thanks from the rest of the "clunk crew".

Sorry otoppero, down w/ a bit of the flu.
    Here's what's on the work order:

2 RVU500011 Bush
    1 QMN500240 Shaft Assy
    Performed LTB 00097

And they only put on 73mi's in the 2 wks they had it

It's tight & quiet and as someone else posted awhile back, I can again hear the s-charger whine
    I can't emphasize how bad the dirt roads get around here during late winter freeze/thaw. Town does a good job - constantly re grading & filling in holes. But there's a lot of miles of them to maintain and so it's a constant operation on a rotational basis.
    I'll have to post some pics of my Blk/blk S/C.
    Starting clean, after the 2mi of road to get to my house (@ 15-20mph max), the S/C looks worse than most any of the off-roading photo's I've seen posted.

BUT the only thing I hear rattling now is my teeth.

FRESHMAN ROVER
    Sorry to hear you have the flu, Otoppero. Get to feeling better soon!

DeDe

5. Remove Advertisements
    Range Rovers Forum
    Advertisements

SOPHOMORE ROVER
    Thanks Timbrehse,

I will look through my work-orders to see if that has been done to mine yet.
    Beachy, it was not I but timbrehse that was sick.
    otoppero
    99 Range 4.6
    06 Range Sport SC, Java, Big Lemon-gone
    99 Range 4.6-sold
    97 Disco I- sold
    00 Disco II-sold

SOPHOMORE ROVER
    My repairs to date:

1. Steering rack valves replacement
    2. Steering Kit FP# QFW500030
    3. New coolant tank
    4. Replacement of Wagner Valve in Power Steering system
    5. Performed bulletin LS-415-001 For entertainment module
    6. Replaced shifter nob UCK500041PVJ
    7. Replace Radio assembly VUX500500
    8. Replace Steering Valves and replace steering rack FP# QEB500427 LRN2261 4508334
    9. R&R rear axle shaft FP# TOB500250
    10. Rear axle Bushings FP# RVU50011
    11. Replacement of rear sway bar FP# RQK500083 RVW500010 FY112057 TRD500080
    12. Same as #11 again
    13. Internal Fault in sway bar dampener and end plates found to be spinning
    14. New CV boots

There was more but they started to not give me the paper work when i came in, or even keeping a log in their computers.
    otoppero
    99 Range 4.6
    99 Range 4.6-sold
    97 Disco I- sold
    00 Disco II-sold

FRESHMAN ROVER
    Well, I'm glad you were'nt sick and sorry to haer tmb was. It's difficult to read posts on a phone.

DeDe

FRESHMAN ROVER
    Quote Originally Posted by Beachy
    This is what you have all been waiting for. MY CAR IS FIXED!!!!! YEA! Now, I can't tell what all was done to the car and how they fixed it because I didn't get my paperwork back I got there right at closing because wasn't done until then and it takes me almost 30 minutes to get to the dealer and no one, service manager, service writer, was there to ask questions and the tech was still inputing the repairs and I didn't want to wait around. They will be mailing my paperwork to me, so when I get it, I will let you know what all was done. I do know they ran the software update but don't know if that fixed it or if they had to fix something manually or both. All I know is the steering is quiet and so is the suspension. The steering also seems to be tighter, which was something else I complained about, ti being loose, I guess they thought it was all in my head. My car is now the new car it once was. So knock on wood it stays quiet. I'll let you know what all was done to the car as soon as I know and hopefully you can benefit from it.
    That's awesome! Please let us know about what your dealer did to address your issues.

FRESHMAN ROVER
    [quote="sbkim
    That's awesome! Please let us know about what your dealer did to address your issues.[/quote]

I will definately let you know. I'm gong to call my dealer today to remind them I'm waiting on the paperwork. I have to tell you, all. We drove the car to Vegas over the weekend, it handle like a charm. Got it up to 120, before I told my hubby to slow her down. It's Kind of scary when you're not the one driving. Also, no clunking from the front end, even over an old rocky, dirt road. Now, there is some clunking noise when the car is off camber, but it seems to be coming from under the car, it's not very loud, and from what I have been told in the past, this is normal. The car is very solid and quiet in normal driving conditions, so I'm not going to worry about that noise.

I wish you all the best in your repairs and I soon as I hear anything, I will let you know

Thanks to all for being there for me! You're a great group of people.

DeDe

SOPHOMORE ROVER
    Beachy... don't leave us hanging too long. It sounds like their printer is as slow as the TECHs to get stuff completed. The "Clunk Crew" needs you.
    otoppero
    99 Range 4.6
    99 Range 4.6-sold
    97 Disco I- sold
    00 Disco II-sold

FRESHMAN ROVER
    Beachy... don't leave us hanging too long. It sounds like their printer is as slow as the TECHs to get stuff completed. The "Clunk Crew" needs you.
    I think I'm the one who has been left hanging. Some not so good news, I have clunking when steering, again. It's not too bad, but it irritates me to no end that it can't stay fixed/quiet. If it gets worse, I'll take it in. I've already called LR and my service dept and told them about it, so it's a waiting game. I'm tired.

Calling the service dept. right now to find out where my paperwork is. I'll get back to you all.

DeDe

SOPHOMORE ROVER
    BACK ALREADY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I hate to know exactly what you are going through. If they try to pull that well we tried everything BULLSH#T so it must just be normal crap tell them where to shove it.
    otoppero
    99 Range 4.6
    99 Range 4.6-sold
    97 Disco I- sold
    00 Disco II-sold

FRESHMAN ROVER
    BACK ALREADY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I hate to know exactly what you are going through. If they try to pull that well we tried everything BULLSH#T so it must just be normal crap tell them where to shove it.
    Yep. That seems to be my car's MO. It's not that noticeable, but "I" notice it. My husband is tired of all the BS, too and tells me to let it go unless it gets worse. And, sometimes I hear a clunking noise from the front end, but it's not that often and not that loud. However, from what I understand, talking to RRS HSE owners here on the site and S/C owners on the street, the car will make noise. And I understand that, especially with all it's equipt with. I have 18 months left on my lease, then it's down the road, unless it gets worse, then I think I may hit them with a Lemon Law suit. If the car can't be fixed after a year and several trips to service it, in my eyes it will never be fixed. The car is great other than that. There's no noise over speed bumps and during normal driving, so that keeps me happy and sane. I just hope the 2008's and the 2009's don't have the same problems. I don't want another car other than a S/C RRS, but not sure if I would buy another if they have the same problems. Thus is the reason we leased instead of purchasing and now I'm really glad we didn't purchase.

I haven't heard back from my dealer about the paperwork, but I will keep you updated.

DeDe

SOPHOMORE ROVER
    I guess the fact that you were on a lease has been lost by me in all of the talk about what you have been going through. So how would they pay you back for something like that? What is your monthly if you don't mind me asking?
    otoppero
    99 Range 4.6
    99 Range 4.6-sold
    97 Disco I- sold
    00 Disco II-sold

FRESHMAN ROVER
    I guess the fact that you were on a lease has been lost by me in all of the talk about what you have been going through. So how would they pay you back for something like that? What is your monthly if you don't mind me asking?
    Leases are protected under lemon laws too. If they agree to buy the car back, any money you paid into it, including interest, down payment, license and registration all get refunded. Your lease contract would end and considered fulfilled.
    nYc

2006 Range Rover Sport S/C - RIP via N.J.S.A. 56:12-29 to 56:12-49 aka NJ Lemon Law

SOPHOMORE ROVER
    Thanks NY
    otoppero
    99 Range 4.6
    99 Range 4.6-sold
    97 Disco I- sold
    00 Disco II-sold

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now