Front end clunking - Page 2
  1. Welcome to RangeRovers.net – General discussion forum for Range Rovers

Welcome to RangeRovers.net - a website dedicated to all things Range Rovers.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join RangeRovers.net today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Front end clunking

Prayn4Sno, was it replaced per above TSB (I'm assuming your receipt lists parts)? There are an upper and a lower shaft listed, plus joints/bolts... The TSB just came out a week ago, so it may be worth calling your service advisor to ask whether they may want to give it another shot since your noise is still there.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Range Rovers Forum
    Advertisements

JUNIOR ROVER
    No not as-per the TSB, it was as-per me getting very annoyed hearing my front end rattle like a 1984 corolla. I had it done on April 25,2007 and the noise is still there. According to my receipt they only replaced, QMN500250...Lower Intermediate shaft Qty 1 (as required). I wonder if they replaced all that stuff on the TSB you posted it would fix the clunk. Ill have to call LR when I get the chance. Thanks.
    2006 RRS HSE-Zermatt "Ellie"

FRESHMAN ROVER
    Quote Originally Posted by carlos3679
    I just drove my friend to my local dealer so he can have his RRS S/C looked at for this problem. They had a technician ride with him and he admited that this is a problem with the S/C models, apparently the suspension is different on the S/C which has a sort of bar that levels the vehicle when turning sharp corners. the sound comes from that bar...hope that helps, he referred to some sort of stabilizing bar.
    This is great, but why did this bar start clunking after 5 month of quiet operation?
    2013 Range Rover Sport Supercharged

5. Remove Advertisements
    Range Rovers Forum
    Advertisements

FRESHMAN ROVER
    Quote Originally Posted by Murdered Out
    is the wheel scarpping any where? its probably not that, but the iner wheel well could have popped off somewhere and causes it to rub the tire when you turn...
    No scraping whatsoever. Also, the noise is not coming from particular side. Its coming sort of from under the front end of the car.

FRESHMAN ROVER
    Quote Originally Posted by maxwell
    same problem. dealer claims they cant replicate it, which means Land Rover has decided its not worth doing a recall. Pretty lame actually. This is my 4th Range Rover, and it might make me move to another brand. I live in the city, and the car sounds like total ass going over bumps. Unfortunately, I think the ford ownership is starting to show through. Service at land rover has gone to shiat.
    You are right, the noise is annoying as hell, but I am afraid that its not harmless. After reading stories about front differentials locking up on Land Rovers at 70mph on a highway, I am willlling to go as far as have to (including lemon law) ito get this fixed. My wife and my 11-month old daughter ride in the car on a regular basis and I am not about to risk their lives just because some moron at LR does not know how to do their job.

Quote Originally Posted by eugenek
    front differentials locking up on Land Rovers at 70mph on a highway
    I never heard of such a catastrophic failure happening to a RRS (or a Disco / LR3), 2002/5 FFRRs had their share of front diff problems, some of them catastrophic, but they share virtually nothing in common with the Sport.

FRESHMAN ROVER
    I printed them out and took them to the dealer to make my appointment. It's funny how they'd never heard of them before. I feel like ford has put all their service people through a "play dumb first, and save us some money" class or something. They told me to bring the service bulletins back when I bring the car in on monday.

I buy my rovers from a family friend that works there, so when I go back on monday, Im going to let him know that he's probably losing my business if this doesnt get fixed.

Whenever I take my porsche in to get serviced, they're always trying to get me to test drive a cayenne turbo...looks like Im going to take them up on it....I guess its worth testing the x5 as well.
    08 Range Rover Sport
    01 Porsche Turbo

FRESHMAN ROVER
    I noticed the "clunk" on my S/C right after my 15k service.
    I live on a dirt road & It's quite noticeable -
    I'll need to take the service rep over a washboard to accentuate/prolong it.
    I first thought it might be of the plastic bins on either side of the firewall - not resembled properly during service -
    but it's lower on the chassis - It sounds like a broken strut on an 80's ride.
    Hope this thread leads to a definitive answer.

FRESHMAN ROVER
    Quote Originally Posted by timbrehse
    - not resembled properly during service -
    Gotta love SpellCheck - reassembled

JUNIOR ROVER
    I have an appointment Tuesday morning to hopefully get this fixed. I have had the clunk since March and it is becoming VERY annoying. They replaced 1-part of the listed TSB parts back in April but the clunk is still there. I told the S/A on the phone about my several attempts to get this fixed only to get the old "unable to replicate" from the dealer, but after I told her about my quest, the number of times at the dealer for this and the TSB issued for the same **** problem I have complaining about for the last several months she told me to just bring in the TSB and they will take care of it, so we will see. And I would always say the same thing, that it sounded like a broken/bad strut and all I got was the deer in the headlight look. Ill let everybody know how it goes next week.
    2006 RRS HSE-Zermatt "Ellie"

FRESHMAN ROVER
    I'm not sure if we have the same problem but it was a pain to get my problem addressed. They couldn't identify the noise until they placed suspension ears. Prior top that, they thought I was crazy and kept telling me its the DRS and its completely normal.

Read my thread here
    https://rangerovers.net/forum/viewtop...429&highlight=

Now 8 months later, I hear other noises which clearly sound like a bad bushing on the drivers side. I brought it in and they fixed it. I'm happy again, for now. This is how it was written up:

"Cust states: Creaking noise coming from suspension and thumping noise under veh over bumps or when braking"
    Road tested vehicle to verify cust complaint. Checked and inspected front suspension. Heard noise from front sway bar. R&R all ness part and replaced right and left front sway bar bushings as per TIB assembled vehicle reroad tested, rechecked. No creaking noise heard.

Payn - If you can, bring the veh to Paramus. They seem to know whats going on and address them after i and others have complained. I can give you my SA name
    nYc

2006 Range Rover Sport S/C - RIP via N.J.S.A. 56:12-29 to 56:12-49 aka NJ Lemon Law

FRESHMAN ROVER
    I asked the tech regarding my friend's SC and he told me it was the Sway bar which is a very common problem for the SC. I think they changed some bushings and now it rides like new again. FYI it was at his 15K mile service also

FRESHMAN ROVER
    nice. I hope mine is the same thing. Will report back monday.

Quote Originally Posted by carlos3679
    I asked the tech regarding my friend's SC and he told me it was the Sway bar which is a very common problem for the SC. I think they changed some bushings and now it rides like new again. FYI it was at his 15K mile service also
    08 Range Rover Sport
    01 Porsche Turbo

FRESHMAN ROVER
    OK, so I finally got rid of the clunking! As with some other 06's, they replaced the front stabilizer bar, and realigned the front. The truck drives as I remember it from when I first got it.

They also did 2 recall/updates, and Im not sure what it was, but it feels like they hooked the supercharger back up again. I didnt really notice before, but it just seems to take off now....and I hear the whine of the supercharger where I didnt really hear it before. Pretty weird, but it is driving great now.

Land Rover is back in my good graces again. I did have to replcace the front brake pads ($420 - ouch), but at 18k miles of city driving I guess thats about right.
    08 Range Rover Sport
    01 Porsche Turbo

FRESHMAN ROVER
    Quote Originally Posted by maxwell

They also did 2 recall/updates, and Im not sure what it was, but it feels like they hooked the supercharger back up again. I didnt really notice before, but it just seems to take off now....and I hear the whine of the supercharger where I didnt really hear it before. Pretty weird, but it is driving great now..
    I had the 15k even though I only have 10k (every 6 month thing) and I would swear my car feels quicker and more responsive than ever before. I didn't notice anything on the order so I don't know. Maybe I'm going crazy but I was getting bored driving my RRS until now
    nYc

2006 Range Rover Sport S/C - RIP via N.J.S.A. 56:12-29 to 56:12-49 aka NJ Lemon Law

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 12 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now