Front end clunking - Page 10
  1. Welcome to RangeRovers.net – General discussion forum for Range Rovers

Welcome to RangeRovers.net - a website dedicated to all things Range Rovers.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join RangeRovers.net today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast

Thread: Front end clunking

FRESHMAN ROVER
    Quote Originally Posted by otoppero
    They will turn around and sell it to someone else. I am positive they will not offer information regarding the vehicles Lemoned past.
    That's exactly what I'm afraid of. I don't want someone else to have to deal what I went through, but what can I do? Also, why can't I call and talk to someone who knows whats going on, instead of talking to customer relations who seem to only be there to take your complaints but no nothing about warranties, service or anything else. I just want someone to answer my questions and answer them truthfully. I am reseaching links on the internet as I type. Hopefully I'll come up with something or if any of you have a contact, I'd appreciate it if you could forward that info on to me.

Thanks!
    http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o...hyfor6/RRS.jpg

DeDe

2010 S/C Range Rover Sport
    Previous Car 2007 S/C RRS

2. Remove Advertisements
    Range Rovers Forum
    Advertisements

SOPHOMORE ROVER
    I don't think you will get an answer. I was told just a month before filling my Lemon Law papers that there was no problem and that the noise is a "normal operating aspect of the vehicle". If that was true they would have not accepted my claim for repurchase or replacement let alone spend all that time and money trying to fix it. So I guess my lesson from all that has happened was that they will say all is well until you file.
    otoppero
    99 Range 4.6
    06 Range Sport SC, Java, Big Lemon-gone
    99 Range 4.6-sold
    97 Disco I- sold
    00 Disco II-sold

FRESHMAN ROVER
    I don't think you will get an answer. I was told just a month before filling my Lemon Law papers that there was no problem and that the noise is a "normal operating aspect of the vehicle".
    I know. They told me the same thing when I first brought the car in but the noise got louder and happened more often and they attempted to fix it. Another Service writer tired to tell me a second time that the noise was normal, but both my Service Writer and Service Manager said that what I was experiencing was not normal, there was something wrong with the car and that brings me to where I am at today. Fun.

DeDe

5. Remove Advertisements
    Range Rovers Forum
    Advertisements

It seems like this clunking stuff affeccted nearly every signle S/C. is the power worth the clunk and headache?

FRESHMAN ROVER
    that and first gen model. The first year cars always have problems. I also found the SC to be way to jerky when driven in the city. Mostly a function of having a forced induction engine in stop and go driving. Add in the harshness of the 20's and the Sports suspension, and I traded mine in on an 08 HSE. Much happier now.

Quote Originally Posted by Murdered Out
    It seems like this clunking stuff affeccted nearly every signle S/C. is the power worth the clunk and headache?
    08 Range Rover Sport
    01 Porsche Turbo

FRESHMAN ROVER
    Quote Originally Posted by Murdered Out
    [/quote]

YES! lol The car performs!!! The clunking is more of a nusance than anything. That's why I haven't gotten rid of mine. And, I will get another one at the end of the year. In fact, they are talking about upgarding me to a new 08 or 09 S/C RRS, which I will have to think about. Also to bring you update to, I got my workorder from last visit, I'll send it to whoever wanted to see what was done, just send me a pm and let me know, otppero I'll be sending a copy to you. LR wants one more shot at fixing the front end noise. An engineer will be out tomorrow to look at it. However I told them if the thing couldn't be fixed, to leave it alone. I didn't want them to make the noise worse as that had happened the time I took in before last. They will check it out and let me know. Keep your fingers crossed.

DeDe

SOPHOMORE ROVER
    maxwell, I do believe the same technology is on the 06-07-08-09 models and no change was made so be cautious. If some of the posts on the UK forum are correct then then the 08 and possibly the 09 are affected as well.
    otoppero
    99 Range 4.6
    99 Range 4.6-sold
    97 Disco I- sold
    00 Disco II-sold

FRESHMAN ROVER
    [quote="maxwell"]I also found the SC to be way to jerky when driven in the city. Mostly a function of having a forced induction engine in stop and go driving. Add in the harshness of the 20's and the Sports suspension,

I do most of my driving in the city and my SC doesn't seem that jerky, at least not for a high perfomance car, but then, I also own a SC Mustang Cobra, so maybe the RR seems smoother compared to the Cobra.

DeDe

FRESHMAN ROVER
    They will turn around and sell it to someone else. I am positive they will not offer information regarding the vehicles Lemoned past. Just like when I called LR Tacoma, and they stated they had no serious TSB's with the RRS nor any issues with suspension problems. I also learned that they, LRNA, make you sign a gag-order when you "surrender" your vehicle.
    The "gag-order" pertains only to the details of the settlement. The car will be wholesaled out to some used car lot and sold as-is. By law, the VIN has a buy-back label attached to it.
    nYc

2006 Range Rover Sport S/C - RIP via N.J.S.A. 56:12-29 to 56:12-49 aka NJ Lemon Law

SOPHOMORE ROVER
    Thanks, NY, not getting that far in the process I figured they would try to hide it (the fact that it was Lemoned) some how. I thank you for posting the correct information. I stand corrected.
    otoppero
    99 Range 4.6
    99 Range 4.6-sold
    97 Disco I- sold
    00 Disco II-sold

FRESHMAN ROVER

Re: Front end clunking

I should let you all know, and update you, after three weeks of my dealer having my car for steering nclunking and front end clunking, they think they have finally fixed it, although I won't know until I pick up my car, but that won't be for at least another week, because after they had finished the service on my car, while parking it, they scraped the bumper and now have to paint it. I seriously think my SC RRS is jinxed. Anyhow, when I compare my workorder with the TSB's umbertom has posted, I will let you know if they same work was done or not. I have copies of my previous work orders, but can't seem to get them to paste into, this reply. If I figure it out, I will post them.

DeDe

SOPHOMORE ROVER

I swear we have the same luck. The bumper damage sounds oddly familiar Right Front? Just a guess but..............
    otoppero
    99 Range 4.6
    99 Range 4.6-sold
    97 Disco I- sold
    00 Disco II-sold

FRESHMAN ROVER

Yes, it sounds familiar to me, too. I may have gotten the sibling of your car. No, not the front bumber, rear bumper, second time. The first time they scarthced it, it was on the right rear, I told them to leave it. It wasn't that noticable and in fear they would butcher the paint job. This time, I have no clue as to where the scartch is on the rear bumper, but they assured me it wasn't that bad. Hmm, yeah right. I told them while they were painting it, go ahead and paint the scratch from the pervious incident. I got, "Oh. That's right. There was a scratch from before." Yeah, and damgaged rim that took over a month to fix and have it rechromed. I am not taking the car back in for anything else. That's it! I will have our independt RR mechanic, who did my brakes, change the oil and do whatever necessary maintenance needs to be done. And as for the clunks and noises, NO MORE! I'm leaving the car alone. Those will be LR's problems to worry about when I turn the car in next May. I'm done!

DeDe

FRESHMAN ROVER

Just a expalination of why my car was in the shop for so long. You'l love this. I took the car in for it's 15,000 mile service and clunking noise when steering, not just a thud, but more like something was breaking. Anyhow, my dealer called me, after a day, said they noticed the front end was still making noise, slightly, which I knew, but this is the quietest it has been, other than not making any noise, and they wanted another stab at fixing it, said they wanted to take another approach than what they have done in the past. I told them I didnt' want them to touch it, I don't think they could fix it, they haven't been able to fix it in the past, what made them think that it could be fixed, and last time they attempted to fix it, the noise was 10 times worse than when I brought it in. After they fixed what I had asked them to fix, they called me back, again, wanted my consent to fix the front end clunking. They had an LRNA Rep there, an LRNA engineer, two shop foreman's, one from my dealer and one from another dealer, and two mechanics, all wanting to fix the car. Well, I gave in, told them to go ahead, try to fix it, but they better not give the thing back to me worse than it was when I brought it in, otherwise, I would drive straight to the dealer where I bought it, and raise hell. That's when they brought upgrading me to an 08. Anyhow, Since the car is still in the bodyshop, I don't know if the car is fixed, for now, or whether it's making noises or not. When I get it back, I'll let you know what the results are. I'm in the process of uploading my past work orders, for anyone who is interested and can tell me, Umbertom, what all they did to the car, cuz I can't read those darn things.

DeDe

SOPHOMORE ROVER

Don't do it...08's are the same. Lets decided on our new ride together, we could not possibly have a worse experience than what we have had with LRNA.
    otoppero
    99 Range 4.6
    99 Range 4.6-sold
    97 Disco I- sold
    00 Disco II-sold

+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now