Your opinion on this RRS SC...
  1. Welcome to RangeRovers.net – General discussion forum for Range Rovers

Welcome to RangeRovers.net - a website dedicated to all things Range Rovers.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join RangeRovers.net today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Your opinion on this RRS SC...

FRESHMAN ROVER

Your opinion on this RRS SC...

Hello,

Will test drive this one next week, 8/2012 29,000 km, V8 SC.
    Any remark or advise, things I should look at, anything that looks strange to you??
    Your opinion on this RRS SC...-image.jpgYour opinion on this RRS SC...-image.jpgYour opinion on this RRS SC...-image.jpg

Thanks!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Range Rovers Forum
    Advertisements

Re: Your opinion on this RRS SC...

Looks nice. Nara Bronze was not a big seller in the US, but I like the color.

Just pay some extra $ and get any used RRS checked out by an independent garage if you are not up to the task yourself, and get the service history.

'08 RRS HSE Stornoway Gray

Space isn't remote at all. It's only an hour's drive away if your car could go straight upwards.

Wow that is gorgeous.
    "The power of good is always stronger than the power of non-good.
    The power of light is stronger than the power of darkness,
    the power of knowledge is stronger than the power of ignorance."
    ~ Maharishi Mahesh Yogi~

5. Remove Advertisements
    Range Rovers Forum
    Advertisements

That is gorgeous. I love the arabica interior

Listen to the front suspension when going slow over speed bumps or straight over rough pavement at about 40 - 60 kph. Any groaning/creaks?

Go around a corner at relatively high speed 50 - 90 kph with any broken pavement or bumps - did the vehicle stability control kick-in prematurely.

Know that unless you are under 5'10" tall you will not be able to fold down the rear seat.

I found the suspension to be "harsh" compared to other Rovers and the Cayenne GTS. Find rough roads to test it.

These trucks can be very reliable if they are serviced reliably and competently - lots of updates provided by the dealers. At least my experience after having owned an LR3, FFRR and RRS S\C
    2016 Suburban - Z71, Lux, Ent, Borla cat-back. 275/65-18 Nokian Rotiiva's AT's
    2017 Cayman 718 - Manual w/ 18" Boxster wheels
    2008 FFRR HSE - Conti AT's, Hawk LTS pads with EBC Ultimax\Stoptech slotted rotors
    2008 RRS S/C Black/Alpaca/Zebrano - gone
    2009 Cayenne GTS Manual -gone (GT3 of SUVs)
    2006 LR3 SE V8 Black/Black - Remember when leases were $535 a month with $0 down
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/sets/72157624134675338/

FORUM MODERATOR

Beautiful and not so common color...just like Scuderia's RRS...hopefully mechanically it is OK.
    PJPR
    13 Orkney Grey RRS HSE Lux
    06 Cairns Blue RRS HSE (200K...sold to a friend)

FRESHMAN ROVER

Thanks for all your remarks and advises. I tested drive and found no problem of any kind.
    Owner told me only the 20' wheels are available because of the Brembo brakes. I was initially intending to fit smaller wheels with reduced width to increase snow handling...
    I wonder how this car brakes on the snow, any hints?

Your opinion on this RRS SC...-image.jpg
    Your opinion on this RRS SC...-image.jpg

With a set of snow tires it will brake very well. With a set of summer tires not very well.

Space isn't remote at all. It's only an hour's drive away if your car could go straight upwards.

FRESHMAN ROVER

Quote Originally Posted by gooseyloosey View Post
    With a set of snow tires it will brake very well. With a set of summer tires not very well.
    makes a lot of sense indeed! Reason I'm asking is that I drive half year on snow (swiss alps), so I am wondering how well it brakes compared to, say a Freelander, a Tiguan or an Audi A5. Will it make much difference to use tires with lower width? These are 20' wheels on the SC....

Spooky, I don't know what to say here. It brakes very well--it has ABS. What you wrap around the wheel is what makes the drive from the mountain top down to Lake Lucerne either dangerous, entertaining, or plain old boring. Me, I'm into plain old boring in the winter. So I'd put snow tires on. The Nokian Hakkawhatever seems to be the connoisseur's choice for winter travel...not sure what else comes in 20" in EU.

Here's a sample of what's available in the US...

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/TireSe...r=Supercharged

Last edited by gooseyloosey; September 5th, 2014 at 10:40 AM.

FRESHMAN ROVER

Quote Originally Posted by gooseyloosey View Post
    Spooky, I don't know what to say here. It brakes very well--it has ABS. What you wrap around the wheel is what makes the drive from the mountain top down to Lake Lucerne either dangerous, entertaining, or plain old boring. Me, I'm into plain old boring in the winter. So I'd put snow tires on. The Nokian Hakkawhatever seems to be the connoisseur's choice for winter travel...not sure what else comes in 20" in EU.

Here's a sample of what's available in the US...

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/TireSe...r=Supercharged
    Thanks for the answer and the link: it shows solely 275/40R20 tires. I guess it's the only choice...

Another question if I may...Topix says it's fitted with the "PORTABLE AUDIO CONNECTION-FIA" option, does this mean I can connect a USB stick and play the music from there?

FORUM MODERATOR

You can run 275/40/20, or 275/45/20 or 285/40/20...those are all options on the stock rims. If you truly want a snow tire, taller and narrower is a better option than wider and lower profile. But don't you have the requirement in Switzerland like they do in France, Austria, Germany that you must have Snow tires during the winter and summer tires for the rest of the season?
    PJPR
    13 Orkney Grey RRS HSE Lux
    06 Cairns Blue RRS HSE (200K...sold to a friend)

FRESHMAN ROVER

Quote Originally Posted by PJPR01 View Post
    You can run 275/40/20, or 275/45/20 or 285/40/20...those are all options on the stock rims. If you truly want a snow tire, taller and narrower is a better option than wider and lower profile. But don't you have the requirement in Switzerland like they do in France, Austria, Germany that you must have Snow tires during the winter and summer tires for the rest of the season?
    Thanks. Well, I don't know if it's mandatory... but it goes without saying... In winter everyone driving on snow puts snow tires.
    I fully agree that narrower is the best and this is often what I chose for snow tires. The thing is that I am not sure it's possible on the RRS-SC (the dimensions you mention are either same width or even larger like the 285).

Jnz
    FRESHMAN ROVER

Has anyone tried putting a 265 width tire on a set of RRS 20" rims? I'm not sure what's available in that size, but it could be a better snow tire choice.
    2012 RRS HSE Lux, Aintree Green, Logic 7, Vision Assist, Rear E-Locker

FRESHMAN ROVER

The list of possible tires was published here:
    https://www.rangerovers.net/forum/att...ovals-2013.pdf

No way. However, I have an expert looking for me now, I'll report if he finds a solution for narrower tires on 20'.

FRESHMAN ROVER

Quote Originally Posted by Spooky View Post
    Thanks for the answer and the link: it shows solely 275/40R20 tires. I guess it's the only choice...

Another question if I may...Topix says it's fitted with the "PORTABLE AUDIO CONNECTION-FIA" option, does this mean I can connect a USB stick and play the music from there?
    I've got one of those, a 2011 SC and in it there's a cable that connects an Apple music player (I have an old iPod). Maybe this is what they mean.
    RR Sport SC 2011 for enjoyment
    Mercedes 500 SE 1981 for sunday drives
    Mercedes 300 E 1986 for monday drives
    VW Golf diesel 2001 for dog and garbage transport

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now