Amber Dynamic Response light
  1. Welcome to RangeRovers.net – General discussion forum for Range Rovers

Welcome to RangeRovers.net - a website dedicated to all things Range Rovers.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join RangeRovers.net today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Amber Dynamic Response light

JUNIOR ROVER

Amber Dynamic Response light

Hello,
    My DR light is starting to come on more frequently as time goes by. I also get the message "suspension fault vehicle lean when cornering".
    By reading the search, it appears that this could have a number of causes. The car is not leaning to one side when parked.
    The reservoir is filled to the minimum line.
    Any ideas or help about where to begin looking much appreciated.
    2009 RRS S/C

2. Remove Advertisements
    Range Rovers Forum
    Advertisements

JUNIOR ROVER

Re: Amber Dynamic Response light

Topped up the reservoir from minimum line to maximum line with $37 a quart fluid from dealer. Several trips today and the light did not come back on.
    I decided to change the DR filter tomorrow since it is supposed to be changed at 120,000Kms anyway.
    Here's a video I came across-- looks pretty straight forward.

http://www.roverparts.com/Techtips/a...over-sport.cfm
    2009 RRS S/C

JUNIOR ROVER

Changed the filter today. You do not need 2 quarts of fluid as the video implies. Hardly anything drains out when the filter is removed. BTW, the original filter looks pristine so I would guess that this is not a high priority maintenance requirement.
    2009 RRS S/C

5. Remove Advertisements
    Range Rovers Forum
    Advertisements

Premium Member

If it seems to be taken care of from topping off the fluid, you need to check for your leak. I've seen the pump and the sway bars themselves leak, and if there is a fair amount of oxidation on the underside, might want to check the lines too.

These reservoirs tend to get real dirty, and can be tricky to accurately check fluid level, I replace these regularly, as there is a secondary filter built into it. The valve block filter being clean is a good sign that the pump is in good shape, and I recommend changing the filter and fluid in the system every 60-75k miles.
    Dave
    Land Rover Master Tech

JUNIOR ROVER

Thanks RoverGuy7,
    I also vacuumed most of the fluid out of the reservoir and refilled it. So far no light.
    2009 RRS S/C

JUNIOR ROVER

Dave, What sensor or failure triggers the light to come on?
    My light just came back on, and I can't notice anything different.
    Thanks
    2009 RRS S/C

JUNIOR ROVER

Never mind Dave--- I just read this on my DVD manual--
    Looks like I need to let a dealer hook up their diagnostic equipment.
    A question -- Does the IDT tool read these RRS specific codes?

"Failure Modes
    Failures where the vehicle can still be driven safely are indicated by the air suspension/Dynamic Response warning indicator in the
    instrument cluster illuminating continuously in an amber color. The amber indicator will remain illuminated until the ignition is
    switched off. For all faults, the warning indicator will only illuminate again if the fault is still present.
    Failures which require the driver to stop the vehicle immediately are indicated by the air suspension/Dynamic Response warning
    indicator flashing in a red color and an audible warning. This will also be accompanied by an applicable message displayed in the
    message centre.
    All faults are recorded by the control module and can be retrieved using a Land Rover approved diagnostic system. The diagnostic
    system provides a description of the fault, possible causes and corrective action to rectify the fault. The control module can fail to
    one of two states; 'locked bars' or 'reduced operation'.
    The 'locked bars' condition means that pump flow is directed through the valve block and returns to the reservoir. Both DCV's
    close, trapping the fluid in the actuators. The fluid can flow from one actuator to the other via the valve block. The stabilizer bars
    will perform similar to a conventional stabilizer bar, resisting roll but still allowing suspension articulation.
    The 'reduced operation' condition means that the system can still operate, but one of the input signals is not being received and
    so the system performance is not optimum.
    If the steering angle sensor develops a fault or is out of calibration, there is a possibility that the dynamic response control
    module will record a fault code. A Land Rover approved diagnostic system should be used to check for fault codes and the
    adaptive data should be cleared by resetting the fault codes in the control module after the steering angle sensor has been
    recalibrated.
    2009 RRS S/C

Yes, you should be able to retrieve all fault codes with IIDTool.

JUNIOR ROVER

I have ordered an Icarsoft i930 scanner. apparently it will scan all the RR codes. Much more reasonable then the IID tool, but I will see.
    I will update .
    2009 RRS S/C

JUNIOR ROVER

The DR light has not returned, and today I plugged in the Icarsoft i930 scan tool and so far I am impressed. It read all of my Sport's module's DTC's. There were quite a few.. I cleared most of them, and will now wait a few days to see what comes back.
    NAYYY with Icarsoft.
    2009 RRS S/C

Hi there, last months i got the amber light come on with the text in the display, air suspension fault, vehicle may lean while cornering, some times the light is red, text: stop car, stop engine safely. That was a stress situation, i've read alot of posts and comparred the info online with my own situation. I didn't feel fine by going to the LR dealer, everytime i go broke....

Went to a independent land rover guy, read the fault codes, is a dynamic response fault, sensor fault, or something, after deleting fault codes the warning disapears for a few days, then its back after a day or two. After deleting fault codes for 3 times, made sure their were no leaks, we changed the filter, now the fault code is gone for over two weeks and about 30 starts, looks problem is solved, the dealer sure would have made a $1000 to $2000 for changing pump or electronics, so my advise is, dont run to fast to your dealer and read the internet for tips and tricks and find a guy who will help you
    I've owned and driven Alfa Romeo 145, a GTV, and then a 147, a 159 SportWagon, also I had a Spider 1978, so all Alfa Romeo, but then there were kids, 3 kids ...... so I bought a RANGE ROVER SPORT SUPERCHARGED.......

FRESHMAN ROVER

Hey Arby, did the filter change and fluid top off solve your problem? DR light still off?

Quote Originally Posted by arby View Post
    The DR light has not returned, and today I plugged in the Icarsoft i930 scan tool and so far I am impressed. It read all of my Sport's module's DTC's. There were quite a few.. I cleared most of them, and will now wait a few days to see what comes back.
    NAYYY with Icarsoft.
    2008 RRS S/C

JUNIOR ROVER

No, it came back on. Turned out that it was one of two solenoids (directional control valves) . I got the code C1B03 which is directional control valve 1. The light has remained off since I changed that part. The solenoids are in the same module as the filter underneath the right doors on the frame. I cut a 27mm combination wrench in half to do this job. Pretty tight up there.
    The filter was spotless when I changed that. IMO was not necessary.
    2009 RRS S/C

FRESHMAN ROVER

Thanks for the reply. I'm happy u fix your problem.

Did you loosing up the front and back lines to drain out some of the old fluid ? (Atlantic British video)
    My mileage is 77k and I am thinking about replacing the dsc filter, and change out some of the fluid.
    I am just worry of getting air in the system and messing up the whole dsc system. So far no error code.

Quote Originally Posted by arby View Post
    No, it came back on. Turned out that it was one of two solenoids (directional control valves) . I got the code C1B03 which is directional control valve 1. The light has remained off since I changed that part. The solenoids are in the same module as the filter underneath the right doors on the frame. I cut a 27mm combination wrench in half to do this job. Pretty tight up there.
    The filter was spotless when I changed that. IMO was not necessary.
    2008 RRS S/C

JUNIOR ROVER

No, I just changed the filter. Almost zero fluid came out.
    2009 RRS S/C

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now