Amber Dynamic Response light - Page 2
  1. Welcome to RangeRovers.net – General discussion forum for Range Rovers

Welcome to RangeRovers.net - a website dedicated to all things Range Rovers.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join RangeRovers.net today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Amber Dynamic Response light

FRESHMAN ROVER

Re: Amber Dynamic Response light

I'm having this issue myself, I get C1119-09. I suspect I caused this, a mechanic who looked at the car mentioned I was low and I should top up the ACE fluid (I told him about getting intermittent yellow warnings for it). I topped it off, but like an idiot did it up to the top, rather than the max line. Shortly thereafter it failed while flexing on trail. I replaced the valve block filter and flushed the reservoir to empty a few times (reservoir is a somewhat dirty and probably a candidate for replacement according to the guide in the TSB) but I am still getting the issue.

I had a shop run the dynamic response test on the car and it looked like the majority of lines had 0 bar pressure and one had maybe 40ish bar.

The guide suggests replacing the pressure control valve if you can't get 50 bar pressure but it costs ~$220 and I'm trying to get this fixed asap since I have the week off (and want to go test my new sliders in moab). I found a local LR junkyard that has the whole hydraulic pump assembly (sorry if this is the incorrect term) for $200 used. It seems like the only other options are the reservoir filter (kinda dirty but more flushing should continue to clean it) or the actuators (I lost my wheel lock key last week and am waiting for the mailed replacement, so a shop couldn't do these for me yet anyhow). My assumption is that any shop would do the PCV first anyways so I'm thinking I will replace the whole pump and if that doesn't fix it, get a shop to run diagnostics and see what they recommend. Any advice welcomed. I don't believe this is leak based and haven't noticed any.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Range Rovers Forum
    Advertisements

FRESHMAN ROVER

I realized that my assumption that the pump and valve block filter are the same was incorrect. I'm thinking that since the pressure was virtually 0 (I believe 3/4 lines were 0 bars and the other was maybe 43) that the pump is more likely the culprit, my assumption is that the valve block pressure control valve doesn't have any pressure to operate on because the pump is burnt out?

FRESHMAN ROVER

I read a bit more about the system in the service manual and some general info about hydraulic systems and believe the following to be true.

The hydraulic pump is driven off an engine belt. It doesn't look as likely to fail per se, as it looks like a fairly "simple" mechanically driven component. The pressure control valve seems like the more likely culprit (not upping the from pump pressure to suitable levels, why I'm seeing some pressure in one pipe but not the others). I'm going to replace the valve block tomorrow and see if that fixes the issue.

The other thing I'm wondering is how driveable the car is? The manual says that a failure basically just degrades to the locked bars condition, if so does that mean my range is fine to drive (and even offroad? I've taken 3 days off this week and wanted to go to moab) but that I basically just have an HSE til I fix it? I'd love some conjecture on this last point (please encourage me to put this off if it seems safe lol). The repair shop won't take it til Wednesday so my time off will be shot.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now