LR3/Sports in SoCal Unite for Big Bear June 17!
  1. Welcome to RangeRovers.net – General discussion forum for Range Rovers

Welcome to RangeRovers.net - a website dedicated to all things Range Rovers.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join RangeRovers.net today!

View Poll Results: Which trail type are you comfortable with, knowing there will be spotters and experienced drivers wi

Voters
13. You may not vote on this poll
  • Scenic only-I want my car to come back clean

1 7.69%
  • Moderate only-I can't risk it

8 61.54%
  • Difficult-Bring it on. If Spiker's done it without damage I can do it!

4 30.77%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: LR3/Sports in SoCal Unite for Big Bear June 17!

FRESHMAN ROVER

LR3/Sports in SoCal Unite for Big Bear June 17!

ROUTE/TRAIL CHANGE DUE TO POOR TRAIL CONDITIONS ON PRE-RUN:

I'll lead a trip for Sports to Big Bear [free!] on Sunday June 17 in Big Bear, CA. The trip is NOW SLATED AS MODERATE. TRAIL CONDITIONS WERE POOR ON PRE-RUN 6/10 PRESENTING STRONG LIKELIHOOD OF VEHICLE DAMAGE ON PREVIOUSLY PLANNED TRAILS. The only concern is sidewall tears for low profile tires. All trails are ones we have taken dealership customer vehicles on during Wheels Events so don't be scared by the descriptions. LRNB will actually be having an event in Big Bear the same weekend and using these trails as well.

Itinerary:

Friday, June 15
    For those who can make it, dinner at Knickerbocker Mansion at 6pm

Sat 16th for those who can make it--
    Jacoby Canyon. Moderate.
    Many people mistakenly overlook this short but enjoyable trip. The road drops steeply into narrow Jacoby Canyon then winds its way back to Highway 18. On the way out, we pass several bouder outcroppings which serve as outstanding primitive camping spots.

Time and Distance: A total of 2.9 miles. Allow 1-2 hours.

Lodging:
    The http://www.knickerbockermansion.com, tell Stan you're with the Off Roving group.
    Meet at http://www.knickerbockermansion.com for a 10am departure

Dinner at 6pm on property.

Sun 17th for those who can make it

Meet at http://www.knickerbockermansion.com for a 10am departure
    Clarks Summit. Moderate
    Explore the lesser traveled back side of Bear Mountain Ski Ara. The upper portion of Clarks Summit shares the same road as easier Skyline Drive. Enjoy outstanding views to the south from higher elevations. For those unaccustomed to narrow shelf roads, the descent from Clarks Summit will be exhilarating.

Time and Distance. 30.1 miles. Allow 4-5 hours.

Apres trail gathering in Big Bear TBD.

Please RSVP to me directly at [email protected] where you can also get the full trail descriptions in PDF.

Let's have a tour de force of New Cars!
    -spiker
    there's room enough for all of us

2. Remove Advertisements
    Range Rovers Forum
    Advertisements

I'm in for Sunday, Adam. Looks exciting, and with a little luck I may actually be wearing my new sliders by then. If not, I'll come anyway, what the heck. JC, Pokerplayer, Boaz, Jeffrey, other lurkers out there, let's go! We don't get Spiker FOR FREE every day, you know!

FRESHMAN ROVER
    I want to go but I can't do the hard trail the 18's I got has only stock tires on it. Still getting a budget approval from the Senate (my wife) to get mud tires. I might go and follow you guys around going the easy trail while you guys do the harder trail.
    "Destiny is not a matter of chance it's a matter of choice"

5. Remove Advertisements
    Range Rovers Forum
    Advertisements

FRESHMAN ROVER
    Cas-

Can you go both days or just one day. Which day if only one. NO ONE LEFT BEHIND. We'll modify the trail selection for you or anyone, no problem.

Or, you Can ride along. Either way. Point is to have all trucks on the trails though so everyone enjoys behind the wheel.
    -spiker

FRESHMAN ROVER
    Hi Off Roving

I can only go Sunday 6/17/07 Satuday is the Extraordinary Exerience in Malibu. Don't modify the trail just for me I will drive around or ride with someone and I will be the camera man. I appreciate it though.

Thanks.

FRESHMAN ROVER
    Cas-

Very good then. Trails will remain as is and you'll ride along or drive around.

Not much response to this so far, ehh? 3 of us?
    -spiker

FRESHMAN ROVER
    OK Great! I will now mark my calendar. Thank you Adam and Umberto for the invitation. Pokerplayer (Mike), come on dude lets go!

JUNIOR ROVER
    Quote Originally Posted by CASANOVA
    OK Great! I will now mark my calendar. Thank you Adam and Umberto for the invitation. Pokerplayer (Mike), come on dude lets go!
    ****, I really want to go now. I guess we can blow Malibu off and go that day??? Umberto/Adam can you guys go on Saturday instead? I will be running with stock 19's too no 18's yet so might be limited route for me? If you guys cant go on Sat. its ok as well. I dont want to hold you guys back. If not maybe I'll ride with you guys next time.

Jazejeff you coming bud? What ever happened to Shark diver? Maybe we can have more RRS on the trail?

JC - find me some deals on 18's bud

Pokerplayer
    Mike

FRESHMAN ROVER
    Quote Originally Posted by Pokerplayer
    Quote Originally Posted by CASANOVA
    ****, I really want to go now. I guess we can blow Malibu off and go that day??? Umberto/Adam can you guys go on Saturday instead? I will be running with stock 19's too no 18's yet so might be limited route for me? If you guys cant go on Sat. its ok as well. I dont want to hold you guys back. If not maybe I'll ride with you guys next time.

Jazejeff you coming bud? What ever happened to Shark diver? Maybe we can have more RRS on the trail?

JC - find me some deals on 18's bud

Pokerplayer
    Mike

Pokerplayer (Mike)- Just cancel Malibu and go Sunday with us so we can have more RRS and it will be nice to see a trail of RRS. Extraordinary will still be there be there next year, but this event might not be so JOIN US!

About the Rims bud, I found a set of chromed 5 spoke like what Adam has on his RRS and its a pretty good deal although its just the rims.

SOPHOMORE ROVER
    Guess what?....

I'm IN for Sunday!! About time, eh?

I'd like to drive down Saturday afternoon and meet up with some folks for dinner and adult beverages that night. Let's make a plan. Where should I get a room? I've never been to those parts of the woods before, so any suggestions and directions are appreciated.

Yahooooo....

JUNIOR ROVER
    I WANT IN DAMM IT! Stupid West Coasters get all the stupid fun . You guys better take alot of pictures!!!!
    2006 RRS HSE-Zermatt "Ellie"

SOPHOMORE ROVER
    Prayn,

I grew up on Long Island. Massapequa Park, to be exact. Did a little wheelin' in the local forest. It's probably condos now. Frankly, I can't think of a place to off-road near you. Maybe the Pine Barrens in NJ.

FRESHMAN ROVER
    I say we stay at Knickerbocker Mansion. The guy that owns it is a Land Rover buff so it would be good company. Great place too.

I'll call him tomorrow and block some rooms and post the details. I will put the block under OFF ROVING SPORTS.

I will be up there both days so no need to pick and choose, be there for BOTH!

Wife is dragging me to Target More later....

http://www.knickerbockermansion.com/availability.html
    -spiker

JUNIOR ROVER
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffrey
    Prayn,

I grew up on Long Island. Massapequa Park, to be exact. Did a little wheelin' in the local forest. It's probably condos now. Frankly, I can't think of a place to off-road near you. Maybe the Pine Barrens in NJ.
    There is no place to go. I know Land Rover on LI was using Setauket woods for there "off road experience" and now I hear they are using Smiths Point outer beach, which is currently closed due to masive errosion this past winter.
    2006 RRS HSE-Zermatt "Ellie"

LEGACY VENDOR
    i possibly can come but does anybody have a extra set of wheels i can borrow
    Jeff Zylstra, Owner

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now