LR3/Sports in SoCal Unite for Big Bear June 17! - Page 3
  1. Welcome to RangeRovers.net – General discussion forum for Range Rovers

Welcome to RangeRovers.net - a website dedicated to all things Range Rovers.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join RangeRovers.net today!

View Poll Results: Which trail type are you comfortable with, knowing there will be spotters and experienced drivers wi

Voters
13. You may not vote on this poll
  • Scenic only-I want my car to come back clean

1 7.69%
  • Moderate only-I can't risk it

8 61.54%
  • Difficult-Bring it on. If Spiker's done it without damage I can do it!

4 30.77%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: LR3/Sports in SoCal Unite for Big Bear June 17!

SOPHOMORE ROVER
    I'll help dispose of those nasty inlaws, too.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Range Rovers Forum
    Advertisements

FRESHMAN ROVER
    My car is in the shop I hope I get it back before the trip
    "Destiny is not a matter of chance it's a matter of choice"

I'm sure you'll get it back in time JC, that's over a week from now. Which dealer is servicing it?

5. Remove Advertisements
    Range Rovers Forum
    Advertisements

JUNIOR ROVER
    Thanks guys Have fun and take a lot of pics for us! I will join you guys next time. Jeffrey and others if you guys are around LA/Pasadena maybe we can do a mini meet and have a couple of drinks before you guys go up?

JC - you will get it in time bud. If not take the loaner BUICK you got and bang it around up there Make sure you bring the radios too. Umberto, I have some handheld radios I can send to JC so at least you guys have some communication along the trails and with JC's RRS I should be able to hear him up there from here with no problem.

Let me know.

Pokerplayer
    Mike

Sure, now that 20 meters is open they will hear us all the way to Guam... Although I am sure everyone is equipped, I will bring an extra FRS radio or 2, just on case.

FRESHMAN ROVER
    Hello Guys!

What up Umberto? It is being serviced by LRJAH- Anaheim Hills. I hope they give it back to me soon, I miss my ride.

Mike, bring the radios on the 16th when we go to Extraordinary Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious event and I will have my radio installed on my RRS by then (if I get it back) so we can talk to you when we go up there! Umberto bring your FRS, the the more equipment we have the better.

73's
    K6SJC

FORUM MODERATOR
    Believe it or not, I'm seriously considering coming now, I've been able to schedule some time off and can get out there. How many are actually confirmed, even if just to come and meet for breakfast on Saturday or Sunday a.m., for a RRS photo shoot. I would probably arrive Friday sometime, and do both Saturday and Sunday moderate runs, then head back on Monday. Not too keen on the super difficult stuff until I see it...the descriptions look tough.

Drevs...feel like tagging along from Phoenix to Big Bear, my route will take me through Phoenix.

Cheers...
    PJPR
    13 Orkney Grey RRS HSE Lux
    06 Cairns Blue RRS HSE (200K...sold to a friend)

FRESHMAN ROVER
    PJPR01

YOU MUST ATTEND! I might be able to get a fellow Phoenician to caravan with you. I'll guarantee moderate runs for everyone.
    -spiker
    there's room enough for all of us

That would be so cool if you could make it, PJ. I'll buy you an espresso if you come over (it may not be mine, though...) So far I believe we have 4 Sports confirmed, Adam, Casanova, Jeffrey and myself (I think we are all only doing the Sunday run, except for Adam of course.) Don't know if Adam is bringing anyone else along. I am up for the tough stuff - I trust Adam's opinion that it's not that tough for our cars, and he is one heck of a spotter anyway - but I will follow you guys wherever you decide to go. Hope to see you up there.

Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PJPR01
    Drevs...feel like tagging along from Phoenix to Big Bear, my route will take me through Phoenix.
    Haha, sure, why not! Sounds like a good time.
    I'm still searching the ends of the world for 18's, but no luck thus far. Currently looking at importing them from Austrailia... jeez... Anyhow, my truck won't be trail worthy so a tagalong would be great.

FORUM MODERATOR
    Well...I'll make the final call shortly, I'm 98% certain I'll do it, especially with the offer of an espresso, how can I refuse now, and turn it into a little So. Cal trip to visit some friends as well in La Jolla and then back to Texas.

Are you still without your Vesuvius next week Drevs, would be nice for you to at least drive out to Big Bear, and then you can trail ride with us on the tough stuff that Adam will lead us on, just remember I can only do 125 with my Nittos while you blaze ahead at 140 on the dubs!!!

Will confirm shortly...I believe my route would take me through Phoenix on Thursday p.m. and may make it all the way to Knickerbocker by late Thursday evening...so that might be 1 or 2 days early for you if you are working that week depending on when you want to arrive...

Looking forward to the photo shoot...we'll have to send this to LRL for a story run in their next edition!
    PJPR

SOPHOMORE ROVER
    Paul, that would be fantastic. I'll pitch in a few pints of the finest microbrew, too. Whatever it takes!

FORUM MODERATOR
    Thanks Jeffrey...another enticing offer - looking forward to learning a bit about photography while we're out there as well.

Confirmed for this event - can hardly wait, should be a nice road trip.

I'll probably arrive Big Bear sometime now on Friday, I think I'll stop in either Phoenix or Palm Springs for a round of golf and then make the rest of the trip to Big Bear by Friday evening...

Adam/Jeffrey, should I bring my Hi-Lift just in case, even though as far as I know, it can only be used on the rear hitch, I haven't figured out how else to use it anywhere else?

How about convincing Pokerplayer and Jazejeff to at least come up for coffee on Sunday a.m., would be great to see your RRS's and meet -hoping that Drevs is up for the drive from Phoenix...that would make a nice collection of colors - Green, White, Blue, Silver, Vesuvius, Grey, all we need is someone with Rimini now.
    PJPR

I PM'd Boaz (can't make it), frinsan and thebigmboy (no answer yet), all of them either offroaded locally before or wanted to... Hopefully someone else joins us at the last minute.

Great news PJ, unlike years past I am really looking forward to Father's Day now! Hope Drevs can join.

FRESHMAN ROVER
    Come on Mike join us, even for just a cup of coffee! I will buy you a cup!
    It will be one hell of a group picture!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now