What to choose? Your thoughts - Page 3
  1. Welcome to RangeRovers.net – General discussion forum for Range Rovers

Welcome to RangeRovers.net - a website dedicated to all things Range Rovers.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join RangeRovers.net today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: What to choose? Your thoughts

FRESHMAN ROVER

Re: What to choose? Your thoughts

No way would I spend over $50K for a non SC RRS. Crazy pricing indeed

2. Remove Advertisements
    Range Rovers Forum
    Advertisements

UAV

*puts flame suit on*

What do you guys think about the new JGC SRT8?

Quote Originally Posted by UAV View Post
    *puts flame suit on*

I like it actually. Not quite in the same league (brand value and luxury wise) as the RRSS, but I've read great reviews about its on-road driving manners.
    2011 RRS Supercharged, Santorini Black on Tan, ATB front and side grilles
    2008 RRS HSE Lux (sold), Alaska white on Ivory/Ebony, Supercharged front and side grill's,
    20" genuine stormer wheels, Supercharged front Brembo brake retrofit, Supercharged exhaust tips retrofit, 2010+ tail lights retrofit, Nappa leather steering wheel retrofit.
    2005 LR3 HSE (sold), Java Black on Alpaca, oversized all-terrains, LR genuine expedition roof rack, grille guard, and tail lamp guards.

5. Remove Advertisements
    Range Rovers Forum
    Advertisements

LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR Brimill1234's Avatar

*puts flame suit on*

I took a 2014 out for a spin a few weeks ago. I went with my little sister to get her new limited GC and salesman was trying to convince me to trade in my rover. Here's my thoughts on the srt8...

It's really noisy. I enjoy exhaust notes and like a little noise. The srt8 sounds like a rousch mustang inside with all windows up. Would start to get old once you want to just drive.

The suspension is very race tuned and stiff. It's barely 1/3rd the quality of ride as a RRS. The lesser GC is a nice rising vehicle as I have driven my sisters a few times now. I will say it handles very similar to a bmw x drive car but a whole lot stiffer.

The stereo lacks refinement. It's very fancy gadget wise with a big screen and lots of apps and menus. Very similar to wife's new Santa Fe just lacks the high quality clarity of the RRS system. That might be due to it just being a loud chassis design with a lot a of feedback from sport suspension.

Fit and finish is ok exterior inside is nice. I don't like all the chrome trim around windows and grilles etc.

It dies have slightly more interior room than l320 in back seats and cargo area.

I feel it's a King of the trailer park jeep model. It's 73k for noisy stiff and fast. I will say that they claim 475hp and at first drive doesn't feel 100 hp more than my HSE and is def not as fast as a SC sport.
    2013 RRS HSE LUX Santorini black
    QuickSilver Exhaust
    20" Redbourne Nottinghams

I am a professional so please use caution, I may have enjoyed a few cocktails when I told you to go ahead and try this at home...

UAV

The reason I asked is my local dealer had me test out one of their '12 model SRT8's. Great looking rig, don't get me wrong, but as soon as mentioned I was on the market for a RRS, they started down playing it and building up the JGC. Go figure. My first impressions,

1. Interior felt CHEAP. No way around it. I don't care if it had similar amenities the RRS i.e. heated steering, heated seats, HID bixenons, etc

2. The ride was very "sporty", not entirely firm, but solid; much more car like. It wasn't as forgiving to road impurities as the RRS's i've driven.

3. Yes, it was very NOISY.

4. On paper, it's faster than even the RRS s/c; did it FEEL faster? Not even close

5. Brakes were VERY competent even after a few freeway halts

6. The infotainment system/sound system was, well, Jeep. My friend's Mazda CX5 GT had a better system than it. If I'm paying anywhere north of 40k for a vehicle, that sound system better please me! Nonetheless, the sluggish RRS non-HDD system is no champ either lol

7. When I walked away, locked the truck and looked back, I didn't receive anywhere NEAR the satisfaction of knowing that I just stepped out of my range rover.

UAV (& everyone else) CHK OUT THIS BEAUTY!.. I don't see this NOT being worth the price even with it being a 10'. (Just my opinion)

http://pages.ebay.com/motors/link/?n...d=301158978377

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

UAV

I did see that in my search. Honestly, I'm sure the work put into the exterior was extensive, but for me, it's too flashy! I'd be devastated if I got a scratch on THAT let alone one without the fancy kit.

Quote Originally Posted by Keybeeetsss View Post
    UAV (& everyone else) CHK OUT THIS BEAUTY!.. I don't see this NOT being worth the price even with it being a 10'. (Just my opinion)

http://pages.ebay.com/motors/link/?n...d=301158978377

I did see that in my search. Honestly, I'm sure the work put into the exterior was extensive, but for me, it's too flashy! I'd be devastated if I got a scratch on THAT let alone one without the fancy kit.
    I definitely concur with this!!! Hahaha

UAV

Lol, I'm just a man that wants a 2010+ black/tan RRS s/c. Is that asking too much?!?!

Lol, I'm just a man that wants a 2010+ black/tan RRS s/c. Is that asking too much?!?!
    Hahaha
    It took me some time to find the 1 I wanted but I'm extremely glad I was patient.. You'll find the 1u want! Heck, I'm sure U'll have some help

Jnz
    FRESHMAN ROVER

Guessing you want lower mileage than this one, but otherwise this is probably the right specs?

http://www.landroverofsudbury.com/ce...01540c8be7.htm

Shipping might not be that bad, if you find a dealer that does it regularly.
    2012 RRS HSE Lux, Aintree Green, Logic 7, Vision Assist, Rear E-Locker

It took me a while to find mine, but just to tease you
    2011 RRS Supercharged, Santorini Black on Tan, ATB front and side grilles
    2008 RRS HSE Lux (sold), Alaska white on Ivory/Ebony, Supercharged front and side grill's,
    20" genuine stormer wheels, Supercharged front Brembo brake retrofit, Supercharged exhaust tips retrofit, 2010+ tail lights retrofit, Nappa leather steering wheel retrofit.
    2005 LR3 HSE (sold), Java Black on Alpaca, oversized all-terrains, LR genuine expedition roof rack, grille guard, and tail lamp guards.

UAV

That MIGHT be the winner..

Quote Originally Posted by Jnz View Post
    Guessing you want lower mileage than this one, but otherwise this is probably the right specs?

http://www.landroverofsudbury.com/ce...01540c8be7.htm

Shipping might not be that bad, if you find a dealer that does it regularly.
    I hate you.
    Quote Originally Posted by dantheman1 View Post
    It took me a while to find mine, but just to tease you

*puts flame suit on*

We were cross shopping the RRS and JGC SRT. Drove both. Guess you know how the decision ended.

Previous comments by others are accurate regarding interior quality and noise. But noise is part of the deal IMO when the marketing and positioning of the product is to be a hard core performance vehicle. We drove a 2012 and the problem with the vehicle was the 5 speed tranny. It was too slow, too spaced apart for an engine that needed to be revved to keep in prime power band. Suspension was stiff but very reactive to input. Better even than our E70 X5 4.8i with Dynamic Suspension. Breaks were wonderful.

The SRT could be seen as a tarted up Laredo with 6 cylinder, 2 wheel drive, and cloth seats. Only so much can be done to improve the product given it's starting point. RRS is a higher quality product in its base form and it shows everywhere.
    2012 RRS HSE Lux / Santorini Black over Ivory / 20% Tint / Rhino Rails / 4350K Fogs / Cooper LTZ / WeatherTech / Resonator Delete

My local dealer has a black and tan SC not even with GT look with 19k miles but wants 70k?

http://forums.evolutionm.net/members/596-sblvro.html

https://www.facebook.com/pages/doctorownedcarscom/217367714961131

011 RRS hse lux (traded),2013 RRS hse lux +silver, vision package(current),2009 escalade hybrid(traded) for 2015i escalade platinum,2014 glk 350 4matic(current)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now