Range Rovers Forum banner

Best MP3 setup...

3K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  Rupert 
#1 ·
In anyone's opinion, what is the best MP3 set-up for our RRS. I know that just connecting to the AUX port one has to crank the player and volume to hear it. I don;t have an IPod but an IRiver. Any other ways so that I don't blast myself out when my bluetoth phone rings? :lol:

#2 ·
Phone volume is a fixed setting, so the lack of AUX volume won't bite you. The problem is the Navigation voice, which is based on the main volume. That'll blow your ears out. (I disable it entirely.)

The best quality will be MP3 audio files burned to CD-R. That'll be volume matched, too. The 2nd best solution would be to use a small line-driver/amp between your portable and the AUX jack.

Beyond that, you just plug your device in to AUX and live with it. (The Land Rover add-on iPod /USB/line-in solution also amazingly suffers the volume issue.) Your experience will vary based on the maximum output level available from your portable.

#4 ·
There are many solutions, differently sized and marketed. I commonly see PIE's "LD-1" in use. Search for a "2 channel line driver" or something like that via your favorite search engine and you'll probably find some other pre-built solutions. I know autotoys.com sells a small custom one, too.

#6 ·
Personally I do not even bother with the jacks, audio in or out, I just load 6 CD-R's with all the data MP3 music they can hold and trust me that is a ton of music to listen to.

#7 ·
Thanks everybody for the feedback. My idea was to get away from CDs all together and just plug and unplug my MP3 player. I've burned plenty of music, but kind of tired of it. Plus by just connecting the MP3 player so I only have my monthly subscription to download music to m MP3 player for "on the go: and don't have to pay extra to burn all that music (plus managing disks, etc). I've got my home system set up wirelessly via a music bridge to my laptop and it's fantastic for music management. Haven't bought or burned a disk in over a year. Just trying to bring the RRS up to snuf. :wink:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.