RRC Interior Wood Trim
  1. Welcome to RangeRovers.net – General discussion forum for Range Rovers

Welcome to RangeRovers.net - a website dedicated to all things Range Rovers.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join RangeRovers.net today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: RRC Interior Wood Trim

FRESHMAN ROVER

RRC Interior Wood Trim

Hi there,

I'm trying to get my wood trim refinished, but I'm having a hard time finding someone to do it.

I spoke to Madera Concepts, but If I recall correctly they were about $3,500 do to my whole set in Walnut Burl. Too expensive for me.

I spoke to britishautowood.com and he was much better at around $900, but is now not responding.

I spent some time learning about it to do it myself, but I don't think it's going to happen.

Yes, yes, yes, I've done a search on these message boards and read all the many pages of discussion about this already. None of the (few) sellers who offered them in the past currently offer them.

I'd like to stay with wood and not paint, stickers or any other kind of options.

There must be a ton of guys, even at the level of "serious hobbyist" who are into woodworking and has vacuum bags and all the stuff...but I can't seem to find them.

Any thoughts would be much appreciated!

Thank you!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Range Rovers Forum
    Advertisements

Re: RRC Interior Wood Trim

Check you local woodworking clubs/shops. Plenty of woodworkers looking for new projects.

Madera does great work. You do get what you pay for...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by RRToadHall; July 13th, 2019 at 12:03 PM.
    Cheers,

pc

'95 RRC SWB Alpine White
    '95 RRC LWB Avalon Blue - Sold
    '15 E400 Cabriolet
    '06 E350 Sport (killed by friend's ex)
    '87 HD FLST with '02 Fatboy sheetmetal
    '02 Hobie Getaway

FRESHMAN ROVER

Thanks for that. Yes, for sure I have no doubt that that their work would be top shelf. I spoke to the main guy and he seems like a nice guy too.

5. Remove Advertisements
    Range Rovers Forum
    Advertisements

FRESHMAN ROVER

If you have a soft dash, Congleton sells a full set for $2550 once you subtract out the core charge for your old wood. Still expensive, but no waiting since they ship you refinished parts and then you send your old ones back to get the core charge refunded.

Madera is definitely high quality. The parts in my other soft dash were refinished by Madera according to the seller and they look fantastic.

Another idea I would suggest is talking to Igor at http://restoredinusa.com. He mostly does Mercedes parts for much, much more expensive cars than our trucks. I purchased a complete set of refinished hard dash wood parts from him a couple of years ago for ~$850. Based on his pricing to buy that set outright with no core charge, I suspect he may be able to refinish a set if you provide decent used pieces for a much more reasonable price than Madera or Congleton. They weren't re-veneered so there are some spots where you can see where cracks used to be, but overall I feel it was fantastic for the price.

Here are some large pictures of the parts I got from Igor.
    RRC Interior Wood Trim-bat-range-rover-56.jpg

RRC Interior Wood Trim-bat-range-rover-58.jpg

RRC Interior Wood Trim-bat-range-rover-65.jpg
    1993 RRC SWB Beluga Black
    1995 RRC LWB Alpine White
    1995 RRC LWB Avalon Blue

FRESHMAN ROVER

Madera did a '95 RRC surfboard and both knob trims for $400...I wouldn't think the dash and doors would be $3100....I would give them a call again...

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now