Removing brake caliper with pipe and hose attached
  1. Welcome to RangeRovers.net – General discussion forum for Range Rovers

Welcome to RangeRovers.net - a website dedicated to all things Range Rovers.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join RangeRovers.net today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Removing brake caliper with pipe and hose attached

Removing brake caliper with pipe and hose attached

I am looking for some pointers on removing a 17mm bolt that sits right below a brake pipe on my 91. I am trying to remove the bracket so I can keep the pipes and hoses attached when I lift the caliper off. I cant get anything in the tight space and with the coil spring being right there. Any suggestions?

I have never had this problem before with my 1992 and have a straight shot to the bolt.

Removing brake caliper with pipe and hose attached-20190629_063255.jpg

Removing brake caliper with pipe and hose attached-20190629_101028.jpg

2. Remove Advertisements
    Range Rovers Forum
    Advertisements

SOPHOMORE ROVER

Re: Removing brake caliper with pipe and hose attached

That's a difficult one to get to, common to ABS equipped vehicles as far as I know.

I took mine out with a short double ended ring spanner that has a really slim rim section and twelve points so you can get incremental movement on it, but it's hard to un-torque it with the short reach.

Stripped mine for CV replacement and hub service without disconnecting caliper. Your brake lines look in good condition if you need to split them, I slightly tighten first and use caps on the pipe ends to prevent drain down if you have to go that way. Bleeding through afterwards isn't generally problematic.

Another approach would be to support chassis, disconnect shock, drop axle end and pull spring out to access more easily.

SENIOR ROVER

Re: Removing brake caliper with pipe and hose attached

the abs sensor pulls out that gives a little more clearance, take a set of pliers and straighten the bracket, now you can work with the bolt.
    2k p38 4.6
    95 lwb 4.6
    01 d2 4.0

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now