Fuel Pump Relay Question
  1. Welcome to RangeRovers.net – General discussion forum for Range Rovers

Welcome to RangeRovers.net - a website dedicated to all things Range Rovers.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join RangeRovers.net today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Fuel Pump Relay Question

Fuel Pump Relay Question

My fuel pump stopped working. Thankfully the Big White Bus was sitting in the driveway at home. I went to the parts store and bought new relays.
    I installed one of the new relays in the blue plug and my problem was solved. So I went ahead and swapped the other on the black plug and moved the older one to spares. However, the RRC would not start with the second new relay installed. When I turned the ignition key to the off position I could hear the relay flutter.
    The old relays look the same therefore I'd expect the relays to match.
    Are there different part numbers for the two relays?
    What else could it be?
    1993 4.2 LWB.
    THANKS FOR THE REPLIES.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Range Rovers Forum
    Advertisements

SOPHOMORE ROVER

Re: Fuel Pump Relay Question

The relays are slightly different. The main EFI relay is a generic silver cube & the FP looks generic but should have a red slash on the top (if they are the originals). AB lists the FP as AFU2913OE and it is now a black relay. There is also a Mercedes relay that works... I'll have to dig out the NAPA part #.
    Did you get two fuel pump relays from the parts store? Does it work with old relay back in the main (black) plug?
    Kevin
    88 RRC "Audrey"

Yes it works with the old relay reinstalled. The red streak relay was the fail. Master Pro (O'Reilly's) part #is 2ER3. This worked in place of the red streak relay. They are unfortunately made in China so I bought two, one for the on-board spares.

5. Remove Advertisements
    Range Rovers Forum
    Advertisements

SOPHOMORE ROVER

Re: Fuel Pump Relay Question

Here's the FP relay from Napa relay AR-274.
    There are plenty of generic relays in the Rover that can be borrowed if the main efi relay fails but I still keep a few spares just
    because.
    Kevin
    88 RRC "Audrey"

I've got the fuel Pump Relay sorted out. Thanks for the part number. I'm not aware of another 5 pin I can swap for the EFI side. Do you have a part number for that one? I've tried two different relays and haven't found one that works.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now