95' RRC Davis Unified Ignition Conversion - Advice Requested
  1. Welcome to RangeRovers.net – General discussion forum for Range Rovers

Welcome to RangeRovers.net - a website dedicated to all things Range Rovers.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join RangeRovers.net today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 95' RRC Davis Unified Ignition Conversion - Advice Requested

FRESHMAN ROVER

95' RRC Davis Unified Ignition Conversion - Advice Requested

After much research and consideration, I have decided to convert the OEM Lucas ignition to the Davis Unified Ignition system.

Looking for advice from those currently running the system, and any installation tips you may offer.

Also, based upon the following information, should I request a modified timing curve?

My 95’ RRC is currently running the following:

Rebuilt 4.6l bottom end
    Level II Crower cam
    Ported heads
    15lb Ford injectors (yellow)

Listed below are the components I plan to purchase:

Davis Unified Ignition 96920BL - Davis Unified Ignition Land Rover D.U.I. Distributors

Davis Unified Ignition C9074-350BK - Davis Unified Ignition LiveWires

Champion Spark Plugs 9804 - Champion Iridium Spark Plugs

Looking for any advice, tips, or, tricks.

Thank you in advance!

Chris

2. Remove Advertisements
    Range Rovers Forum
    Advertisements

SENIOR ROVER

Re: 95' RRC Davis Unified Ignition Conversion - Advice Reque

widen the spark plug gap to 60 mm, DUI is high energy and the rover factory recommended gap does not allow for the performance DUI is capable of delivering,
    you can update the DUI coil with ACCEL for better performance. any 1980's gm cap, rotor, wires, ignition module and coil will fit.
    wiring is simple. switched power is obtained from the original coil power wire, rpm is not needed as rover picks up from alternator and I think that is it.

Oh keep your hands away from DUI arc when testing for spark. you will see why.
    2k p38 4.6
    95 lwb 4.6
    01 d2 4.0

FRESHMAN ROVER

Quote Originally Posted by 95classiclwb View Post
    widen the spark plug gap to 60 mm, DUI is high energy and the rover factory recommended gap does not allow for the performance DUI is capable of delivering,
    you can update the DUI coil with ACCEL for better performance. any 1980's gm cap, rotor, wires, ignition module and coil will fit.
    wiring is simple. switched power is obtained from the original coil power wire, rpm is not needed as rover picks up from alternator and I think that is it.

Oh keep your hands away from DUI arc when testing for spark. you will see why.
    Perfect- thank you! What is the best way to send the ground signal to the injectors?

5. Remove Advertisements
    Range Rovers Forum
    Advertisements

SENIOR ROVER

I was forgetting about that, the DUI has a connector dedicated or you could use tach signal plug. it tells you on the instructions.
    2k p38 4.6
    95 lwb 4.6
    01 d2 4.0

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now