Hot start issue
  1. Welcome to RangeRovers.net – General discussion forum for Range Rovers

Welcome to RangeRovers.net - a website dedicated to all things Range Rovers.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join RangeRovers.net today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hot start issue

FRESHMAN ROVER

Hot start issue

Been trying to solve a hot start issue for years and finally have a starting point. The issue is when the engine is hot and you start it after letting it set for 15 mins or so it has a rough idle for 10-15 secs then clears up or dies. I discovered today that when this happens if you remove the vacuum hose that runs from the IAC to the fuel regulator it clears up. Any thoughts?
    Thanks,
    Rusty

FYI 1995 RRC 3.9

2. Remove Advertisements
    Range Rovers Forum
    Advertisements

SENIOR ROVER

Re: Hot start issue

by disconnecting said hose, you are introducing false air to the possible rich mixture. this allows for proper / better combustion mix. if you have diagnosis software you could look at sensor functions on real life, among other important components on any fuel injection system you need to look into coolant temp sensor for loose or failed connector, failed sensor, static fuel pressure and 02 sensor activity when hot.

basically you may be experiencing a flooding hot engine.
    2k p38 4.6
    95 lwb 4.6
    01 d2 4.0

SENIOR ROVER

may I add, make sure you have a working thermostat. otherwise the readings by the temp sensor are null.
    2k p38 4.6
    95 lwb 4.6
    01 d2 4.0

5. Remove Advertisements
    Range Rovers Forum
    Advertisements

FRESHMAN ROVER

I am dealing with same issue on my '95. It happens only after longer highway drive. I was thinking leaking injector or two making the spark plugs wet, but that should be happening all time. It passing "smog test" fine!

FRESHMAN ROVER
    Thanks for the info 95classiclwb . I’ve replaced the fuel temp, coolant temp and 02 sensors and fuel pump/filter. I’m going to try this weekend to test the wiring leading from the sensors to the ecu to see if that may be the problem. I’ll post results. Thanks!

FRESHMAN ROVER
    Well I’ve checked the fuel temp and coolant temp sensors and both are with parameters. It’s definitely a heat issue because in the winter I rarely have this happen. Could the MAF have anything to do with it? Thanks for all the help,
    Rusty

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now